What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished said:
AmyTheTemperamental said:
I am curious how cold it is there. We hit -50C (-58F) wind chills last night. Currently sitting at -49C (-56.2F)

Holly honeysuckle!!!! I'm all bundled up inside my place and it's positive 65F. I have been hoping the warm weather comes soon because I'm cold. You must be a **** ice sickle. I've never been in anything below about -20F.

I am currently debating if it is reasonable to walk to the store and buy coffee creamer. I should probably just stick to water today :D

Finished said:
I am curious how cold it is there. We hit -50C (-58F) wind chills last night. Currently sitting at -49C (-56.2F)

Holly honeysuckle!!!! I'm all bundled up inside my place and it's positive 65F. I have been hoping the warm weather comes soon because I'm cold. You must be a **** ice sickle. I've never been in anything below about -20F.

I am currently debating if it is reasonable to walk to the store and buy coffee creamer. I should probably just stick to water today :D

My niece just fractured her hip trying to walk to work the other night.  Be careful.

TheSkaFish said:
Feeling - like this stupid arctic blast needs to go away.

I've been waiting a whole year for this nice chill :D

****, I retract my statement. It's currently 14 degrees F ABOVE zero. Last night when I went to bed it said it was 2 degrees F above zero.

That's practically a heat wave compared to how it is by you. I guess our winter storm is still amateur hour.

I sure hope that tree branch isn't further away then I thought........

iu

Alyosha said:
TheSkaFish said:
As another year passes, I'm kind of bummed - I'm going to be 35 this year.  I'm starting to worry that it took me too long to start life, and now  it's too late for my dreams to come true.  Even something like losing weight and getting in shape takes a long time.  I know "the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now" and all that, but I'm starting to worry that I struck out at life, and now I'm stuck where I am and it's too late for me to start over.

Either that, or that it was never possible for me to do anything else except strike out, whether I tried or not, whether I focused or not, because I just didn't have enough potential in the first place.

When you turn 40, you might find yourself thinking that 35 wasn't too late after all.  And even if your dreams haven't come true by that point, you might find there's still hope for them yet.  The sense of urgency now is understandable and probably warranted, but it can be a useful thing if it helps you devote unwavering effort to pursuing your goals.  The feelings of discouragement are understandable too, but I would encourage you not to let them hinder your efforts, because it does sound from your posts like you're on a productive path.

On some level, I understand that what you say is true. It's just a little hard to keep going at times.

I feel it is so sad that they are only now and last few years starting to give people their actual credit or reverse things. Like Katherine Johnson and Alan Turing and so many more. Many we might never know about.

Feeling a little less like garbage than usual, because I got better sleep than usual last night. I went to bed at 1 AM, got up at 9 AM, and I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to stay awake. It feels more natural. Got to keep up a good sleep schedule, it's no joke.

Also I saw the first hawk of the year yesterday, two houses down from me. I hadn't seen much of them last year which I thought was strange - I thought since human activity was down, animal activity would increase and I'd see more of them, including the hawks but they weren't around much. I hope I'll see them more of them this year.

I'm thinking I want another chocolate liquid croissant...but I don't know where she bought it..****.

MissBehave said:
That liquid chocolate croissant must be really good 🤭

Oh god it was :p .I think because totally unexpected made it even better.I'm hoping he sorts me that new van he talked about need a bigger one with more poke.I cant wait to advertise again for new work.Gonna raise my rates and just go for the more generous customers who have the passion I have for my work.So glad was made redundant from my office job all those years ago..gave me the boost to work with one of my hobbies when I was a kid.

Bit quiet here ,other website has more traffic that you an shake a stick at.Oh well.

I wish I knew what was career I was best suited for, and which of those pays the most. I never really knew. I only knew I wanted to get unstuck from the level I was at, because it didn't allow for that much more than just existing, most of the time. I knew that people were living better than that, and I wanted to experience it for myself. I want to get out from under circumstances, and out of the cycle of problems and recovering from problems, and actually live instead of just get older. But as far as what skill I would actually take to, where I would thrive, I don't know.

Mumsnet. Jesus they got problems on there.Anyone for tennis,cant play on me own ,I'll give them a double  :( :(.I got someone for golf though  :) :)

Latest posts

Back