What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have far too many flip flops right now. My counting went up to six today as I proceeded to buy three identical pairs with different colors.

I am the flip flop monster.

stb said:
Having read all the posts since this one, I have two opinions.

1) If you are being serious and honest, the only one stopping you from being happy is yourself. You sound very self absorbed, very very self absorbed. If you found more than one person who you think would make you happy, why would you assume you will never find another one? You repeatedly state how boring you find yourself, so do something interesting. Don't do it to impress anyone else, do it because you think it's interesting. No matter how bizarre your interest there will be plenty of people out there into it too. No one is going to show up and hand you what you want (if they do, they are doing you a great disservice), you have to get up and earn it. I think you need to make an effort to change what you don't like about yourself. If you can't respect yourself, you'll never be able to respect anyone else. You would benefit from helping to bring some happiness to others as well, see if it can distract you from thinking about how sorry you are for yourself. The cold truth is no one is going to fix you for you.

Thanks for not being a jerk about it, at least. I am being serious and honest. But I assume I won't find another because it's very very rare for someone to have everything, or even most everything, that I want. My friends don't know anyone who even comes close to that. I've looked on dating sites to see who is around me, and there's really no one here who catches my eye.

It's funny because feeling sorry for oneself is unattractive. Yet now that romantic fulfillment is out of reach most likely for good now, I don't know how else I can feel. I don't attract those I want because I don't feel good about myself. Yet I don't feel good about myself because I don't attract those I want. It's a vicious cycle.

On the one hand, I see what you mean about changing what I don't like about myself. I don't like how I'm boring and never seem to get good ideas for things to do, things to create, or things to talk about. This is probably what caused things to not go my way in the first place. And it's not like I've got anything better to do.

But then again, now that they're gone, I feel like it doesn't matter what I do anymore. Even if I do change what I don't like about myself, it's too late to get what I want so it's no use. I don't believe we get infinite chances in life. I think there are windows of opportunity which open and shut. And if you don't start opening the doors that lead to the good stuff in time, the opportunities get smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

"You snooze, you lose." Truer words were never spoken.

TheSkaFish said:
Thanks for not being a jerk about it, at least. I am being serious and honest. But I assume I won't find another because it's very very rare for someone to have everything, or even most everything, that I want. My friends don't know anyone who even comes close to that. I've looked on dating sites to see who is around me, and there's really no one here who catches my eye.

It's funny because feeling sorry for oneself is unattractive. Yet now that romantic fulfillment is out of reach most likely for good now, I don't know how else I can feel. I don't attract those I want because I don't feel good about myself. Yet I don't feel good about myself because I don't attract those I want. It's a vicious cycle.

On the one hand, I see what you mean about changing what I don't like about myself. I don't like how I'm boring and never seem to get good ideas for things to do, things to create, or things to talk about. This is probably what caused things to not go my way in the first place. And it's not like I've got anything better to do.

But then again, now that they're gone, I feel like it doesn't matter what I do anymore. Even if I do change what I don't like about myself, it's too late to get what I want so it's no use. I don't believe we get infinite chances in life. I think there are windows of opportunity which open and shut. And if you don't start opening the doors that lead to the good stuff in time, the opportunities get smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

"You snooze, you lose." Truer words were never spoken.

I really want to see what type of women you are talking about. I want to get a good idea of their personalities and how they operate. I want to understand why you think they are so special.
People aren't really unique. Sorry, they just aren't. That woman you like? There are a bunch more just like her. You live in/near a highly populated city. I guarantee there are loads more like within a 20 mile radius.

Maybe I just don't understand. Maybe I am missing something. I don't know.

090-1120104623-train-wreck-1.jpg

Kinda shitty to call someone a trainwreck and then laugh at him about it, don't you think? Whatever you think of someone here, some cosistency in the rules would be nice.

painter said:
Kinda shitty to call someone a trainwreck and then laugh at him about it, don't you think? Whatever you think of someone here, some cosistency in the rules would be nice.

I think they are referring to what happened in the thread (the arguing), not a specific poster.
I could be wrong, though. Hell, I could be the train wreck...lol

TheRealCallie said:
I think they are referring to what happened in the thread (the arguing), not a specific poster.

Yeah, you're probably right. Wasn't funny either way though.

Thank you Painter's Radio for some decency. But I think this is my cue to leave.

From now on I'll be on Personal Messages only, if I can. To those I know I can trust.

To those who were actually a friend to me on here, LadyF, jaguarundi, Tulip, Solivagant, WallFlowerGirl, Rosebolt, and anyone else who had something kind or uplifting to tell me when I needed it or just lent me an ear, I give you a sincere goodbye and I wish you the best. If you want to keep in touch we can.

Feeling wowed at the levels of smugness and pack mentality going on, even on a forum for misfits and those down on their luck and sometimes in people almost twice my age at that.

Ganging up on someone and having a laugh...congratulations, you're now the cool kids that once picked on you. I thought I would find understanding here, but instead I found that even a place like this has its jocks. You're so ******* cool. Goodbye.

PS Mods, I'd like my property removed. Pictures, any names of family or friends I've mentioned, etc. If I have to do it myself, if someone could tell me how I can do that, that would be great. Thanks.

TheSkaFish said:
Thank you Painter's Radio for some decency. But I think this is my cue to leave. I'll stick around for personal messages though, to people I know I can trust.

Feeling wowed at the levels of smugness and pack mentality going on, even on a forum for misfits and those down on their luck and sometimes in people almost twice my age at that.

Ganging up on someone and having a laugh...congratulations, you're now the cool kids that once picked on you. You're so ******* cool. Goodbye.

I'm sorry, but we are NOT misfits. That is a nasty term to use for the people of this forum. We are ALL people. We don't need to be labeled some stupid word that makes us different. Individually we are all different, yes, but we are all human beings and that is all that matters.

Look at your own words and actions before blaming others. You are not innocent, by ANY means.

i am a train wreck. But i am trying to better myself. i am not just a train wreck who doesn't care he is a train wreck. I will always be a train wreck, but with MORE therapy maybe my train wreckism can be managed better.

Thank you and hug a unicorn if you see one. :)

is trainwreck one or two words?

johnny196775 said:
i am a train wreck. But i am trying to better myself. i am not just a train wreck who doesn't care he is a train wreck. I will always be a train wreck, but with MORE therapy maybe my train wreckism can be managed better.

Thank you and hug a unicorn if you see one. :)

is trainwreck one or two words?

It's two words :)

Officially it's two but it looks much neater as one, especially if describing a person.

You God **** trainwreck.

Latest posts

Back