What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope my knee pain stays away. This workout has been fantastic no pain whatsoever.

Jeez how long have I been a member and still struggle posting videos and pics
:club:

Serenia said:
I hope my knee pain stays away.  This workout has been fantastic no pain whatsoever.

Jeez how long have I been a member and still struggle posting videos and pics
:club:

Ha! ha! Attaching a video here isn't as obvious as one would think. The obvious way doesn't work.

That's great about finding an exercise that doesn't bother your knee. I finally, a couple weeks ago, found an exercise that helps with my back pain.

I feel like I'm making the wrong decision regarding my kid going to school. But, to be fair, I would feel like I would making the wrong decision is I chose any of the options available.

TheRealCallie said:
I feel like I'm making the wrong decision regarding my kid going to school.  But, to be fair, I would feel like I would making the wrong decision is I chose any of the options available.

It's so hard I am with you on that.  At least I have until September to resign myself to them going back.  Ours are part time and staggered.  My kids have had it, not that we know how long the immunity lasts.  It does make me feel a bit better for sending them back in though.  I would definitely feel more anxious sending them back if they hadn't.  

I have seen some great zoom classes and my kids loved doing that.

TheSkaFish said:
Feeling frustrated.  

Do you really have to be this petty?

(not about anyone on the forum btw)

Hope you feel better soon Ska *hugs*

Serenia said:
Hope you feel better soon Ska *hugs*

Thanks, Serenia. It was no big deal, though. In fact, I would have replaced the post with "nevermind", but I didn't get back to it within the 24-hour editing period. I was just feeling a little "really?" at the time, but it's nothing to get upset about.

Anyway. It's nice to see you around, I hope you've been well. I saw on that other thread that you had corona already...glad you made it through!

Serenia said:
TheRealCallie said:
I feel like I'm making the wrong decision regarding my kid going to school.  But, to be fair, I would feel like I would making the wrong decision is I chose any of the options available.

It's so hard I am with you on that.  At least I have until September to resign myself to them going back.  Ours are part time and staggered.  My kids have had it, not that we know how long the immunity lasts.  It does make me feel a bit better for sending them back in though.  I would definitely feel more anxious sending them back if they hadn't.  

I have seen some great zoom classes and my kids loved doing that.

School for my both my kids start at the in 3 weeks. (one college, one middle school)  I don't like that they are starting earlier than everyone else.  It's also going to be 5 days a week with normal times.  The problem is that whichever you choose, you are locked in for the entire semester.
My youngest does not do well at home.  He barely does well in school because he absolutely hates school and doesn't want to do the work. This will also be his first year at a new school, so I want him to not spend the first half of it at home.  Then there's speech and occupational therapy he needs, which is almost done and we want him out of those before next year and even with all the technology, he will do better with that stuff in person. 
Worse case scenario, if I feel he is at more risk at school, I can always yank him out and homeschool if I have too....don't want to, will suck at it, but I can.  If he stays home from the start, I can't do anything.

Besides, it's not like there are no risks.  My oldest will be in college, they both have appointments throughout the month and my youngest has his Navy program each month.  Then there's all my obligations with their old school when school actually starts.

What state of bullshit this has become. so sorry we are to find ourselves here. only to post the obvious in a vacuum and a blank place. making words that fall unheard, the scream in silent rage. a sounding broad that is a only a bat to the head. to bleed out thinking someone is going to stop the bleeding when you have already bled out and died. why ******* bother

I feel great right now. I got up at 3:40am this morning and did laundry and some other chores. I just finished breakfast and it's only 7am. My belly is full and I'm feeling so relaxed and a little sleepy.

Ha Ha I can't remember what I did five minutes ago---I put the coffee on this morning and forgot it and this is okay for it shuts itself off but I forgot that I made it..Crazy and its get worse as one gets older--terrible not like the old days--old age is terrible....priscella..

Yeah. I'm 50 and the ability for my body to move like it did even 10 years ago is long gone. But, my mind still thinks I can do that stuff. I was out for a walk through the neighborhood a little while ago and came to a dead end with a six foot block wall. I thought no big deal. I can easily grab the top and fling myself over. I used to do it for fun all the time in my mid 30s. Surely this wall won't take much effort. Ha! Ha! Well, I made it over but it wasn't pretty. I actually struggled. I was shocked.

Do you still think you are young sometimes and surprise yourself when you discover you're not? I'm really starting to wonder at what point I'm officially to old to run, jump, and climb. Sure you can say never. But, that's not being honest. There's a point where it becomes unhealthy or dangerous to do that kind of stuff. I'm concerned because I still go off hiking in remote areas alone where I need to jump across 8 - 10 foot spans and or leap down 6 - 10 feet on something. I don't want to break a bone or mess up a joint.

Finished said:
Yeah. I'm 50 and the ability for my body to move like it did even 10 years ago is long gone. But, my mind still thinks I can do that stuff. I was out for a walk through the neighborhood a little while ago and came to a dead end with a six foot block wall. I thought no big deal. I can easily grab the top and fling myself over. I used to do it for fun all the time in my mid 30s. Surely this wall won't take much effort. Ha! Ha! Well, I made it over but it wasn't pretty. I actually struggled. I was shocked.

Do you still think you are young sometimes and surprise yourself when you discover you're not? I'm really starting to wonder at what point I'm officially to old to run, jump, and climb. Sure you can say never. But, that's not being honest. There's a point where it becomes unhealthy or dangerous to do that kind of stuff. I'm concerned because I still go off hiking in remote areas alone where I need to jump across 8 - 10 foot spans and or leap down 6 - 10 feet on something. I don't want to break a bone or mess up a joint.

Yea Finished that's real issue and I have learned the hard way and have broke my right arm three times---two bones, a shoulder and lately a elbow..All healing well but there are changes to how I use that arm. We think that we can move like we did when we were young . Somehow my brain is beginning to kick into "old age" and I can hardly write a sentence that does not need editing--its hard..

Hoping - that I haven't screwed myself over again.

Feeling - like I wish I could go back and do everything over from 2000 to today. Wishing I had time to experiment, time to try things, time to explore and figure myself out and get things right. Wishing I had an unfolding horizon ahead of me, instead of desperately trying to escape being stuck in a life that I hate, like trying to escape an undertow, or being pulled down a drain.

I go for walks at night to cool off, mentally unwind. I see a lot of kids on bikes just enjoying summer vacation, not a care in the world. I wish I could feel like that again, feel that free again. I didn't know what I had when I had it, instead of just being a kid, I got caught up in awful germophobia, which I only traded for a series of other negative obsessions later. I really regret it. I could have had a lot more fun and been a lot more pleasant if these "thought weeds" didn't take root in my head.

And now that I'm older I feel like unless I somehow become a multi-millionaire, almost every day will be stressful and crappy and unfree, from here on out.

Not even drinking can provide a relief from it, since that causes weight gain and I hate that.

(shrugs)

^ Yeah...... Being a carefree kid was great. I started working part time at 12 or so and full time at 15. I tried to make as much money as I could and got burned out by 40. But, don't fret because we'll probably get Alzheimers later in life and be carefree again. See there's always something to look forward to.

Finished said:
^ Yeah...... Being a carefree kid was great. I started working part time at 12 or so and full time at 15. I tried to make as much money as I could and got burned out by 40. But, don't fret because we'll probably get Alzheimers later in life and be carefree again. See there's always something to look forward to.

I guess that's one way to look at it.

Personal question but I'm curious - did you ever wind up making a lot of money before you got burnt out?

Latest posts

Back