What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I wrong being angry with a forum owner for messaging me, saying they had read my real name in my email address and want to use it as my user name on their forum because it's easier to type than my chosen username.
FFS, if I wanted to use my own name I would. Hasn't she heard about privacy? I feel totally invaded and soooo angry, but unable to tell her how I feel. GRRRRRRR.
Feel happy to tell me if you think i'm over-reacting.

Jently said:
Am I wrong being angry with a forum owner for messaging me, saying they had read my real name in my email address and want to use it as my user name on their forum because it's easier to type than my chosen username.
FFS, if I wanted to use my own name I would.  Hasn't she heard about privacy?  I feel totally invaded and soooo angry, but unable to tell her how I feel.  GRRRRRRR.

Just my opinion pal. take it or leave it as you like, but I personally don't think I'd have to much of a problem with this. To be fair, she hasn't gone ahead and done it, she's just asked could they do it. You can reply and say no. If she does it anyway despite you telling her its not what you want, then yeah.. you could get a bit pissed with that. Still, nicknames are the way forward :)

I'm not quite understanding the invasion of privacy aspect of it unless I'm missing something. Did she break certain protocols to get access to your name when you had been told no one would review your information? Cuz that would piss me off a little bit, I guess.

^^^
Thanks for your thoughts, i've calmed down now and am going to ignore her request (again), she just seems intent on using my name and keeps asking, as if she's determined to have her way.
Also she's been following me round to other forums and making it clear that she's watching what i'm posting and acting as if she knows me personally, despite the fact that i've made it clear that i'm a private person. Not stalking, but it seems more like a power grab somehow.
Guess she will get bored if I keep ignoring her.

Jently said:
^^^
Thanks for your thoughts, i've calmed down now and am going to ignore her request (again), she just seems intent on using my name and keeps asking, as if she's determined to have her way.
Also she's been following me round to other forums and making it clear that she's watching what i'm posting and acting as if she knows me personally, despite the fact that i've made it clear that i'm a private person.  Not stalking, but it seems more like a power grab somehow.

She doesn't sound at all weird. (he said sarcastically)

What is your name by the way? Is it difficult to say or is she just lazy?

Just tell her your email name is what you use in the witness protection program and changing it on the forum will only great your chance to be single out.

Silence Is Deafening said:
Jently said:
^^^
Also she's been following me round to other forums and making it clear that she's watching what i'm posting and acting as if she knows me personally, despite the fact that i've made it clear that i'm a private person.  Not stalking, but it seems more like a power grab somehow.

She doesn't sound at all weird. (he said sarcastically)

What is your name by the way? Is it difficult to say or is she just lazy?

That's the dumb thing, you don't even need to type someone's name, you just click on whatever you want to do - reply, quote etc, so it's not a viable reason.  And the bizarre thing is,  the very first thing she ever said to me was how much she liked my user name and avatar.  
The more i'm thinking about it the more i'm convinced she is just staking some kind of control and that's what's pissing me, so I figure my ignoring her will irritate her.  Oh honeysuckle, that sends me down a path of revenge (however mild) and I don't want to go there.  Why can't people just be respectful of others' preferences.  Rhetorical question by the way.

Jently said:
FFS, if I wanted to use my own name I would.  Hasn't she heard about privacy?  I feel totally invaded and soooo angry, but unable to tell her how I feel.  GRRRRRRR.

I don't blame you, Jently.  I'm a VERY private person, thanks to a co-worker telling me they googled me when they wanted to know how old I was,  that rubbed me the wrong way and even though it happened over 4 years ago it just bothers me (as well, as being asked a few times if I'm on Facebook or other social media because others can't find me).

And to be honest, I didn't use my real last name (only two letters different than the one I used) when I did the Christmas card exchange...I'm sorry people, I would never try to deceive anyone (I just like my privacy), but everything I ever posted in a thread has been true.  I apologize to anyone who thinks I'm weird..lol  

Anyway, yes Jently, I would find that rather odd of that person and for her not respecting what you have to say...well, that person is an *******.

beautiful loser said:
Jently said:

I don't blame you, Jently.  I'm a VERY private person, thanks to a co-worker telling me they googled me when they wanted to know how old I was,  that rubbed me the wrong way and even though it happened over 4 years ago it just bothers me (as well, as being asked a few times if I'm on Facebook or other social media because others can't find me).

And to be honest, I didn't use my real last name (only two letters different than the one I used) when I did the Christmas card exchange...I'm sorry people, I would never try to deceive anyone (I just like my privacy), but everything I ever posted in a thread has been true.  I apologize to anyone who thinks I'm weird..lol  

Anyway, yes Jently, I would find that rather odd of that person and for her not respecting what you have to say...well, that person is an *******.

Yes Jently....I would agree with you.  That would bother me as well and feel like an abuse of power and an invasion of privacy.  Someone in that role needs to be very professional and respectful.  We are all unique and from different walks of life, and entitled to our own level of comfort when it comes to privacy.  We trust someone in that role with that information. 

Beautiful Loser - I completely understand and am supportive of why you chose to not give your correct spelling of your last name.  It is not a flaw in your character, but a sign of a strong character. It does not make you dishonest...it makes you wise and careful about who you trust.  That I believe makes those you trust appreciate and value your friendship more when they are let in.

All the effort I'll have to put into moving soon and the fact that this summer has started early. Then again, Australia barely has Autumn and Spring.

That stupid Ace of Base song and imagining myself sawing a sign while singing:🎵I saw the sign...🎵 lol My, what weird imagery that is.

I'm surprised people are being so quiet about the massacre in Las Vegas.
Very very quiet from all around for some reason.
The world has changed a lot in the last 16 years.

bleed_the_freak said:

I watched news coverage of 9/11 on youtube not that long ago and even after the second plane had just hit there was this woman being interviewed who still wasn't entirely convinced that the whole thing wasn't the result of navigational problems. No one would think that for a second now. We didn't realize what we had until it was gone...

bleed_the_freak said:

Because tom petty's death override that. But in all seriousness, yeah I don't know what that guy motive was to murder innocent people and by no means I'm pointing fingers but the way the world is now with debt,bills, hard labor, very under paying jobs, cost of living and estting going more up people are snapping. Again not saying that's why he didn't it bur more honeysuckle is going to get ugly.

So, that's the last 'safe' workout for a while. Next week, I have to lift what was my grindy 1RM for a double. Fun times.

Latest posts

Back