What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After experiencing some personal losses and dealing with some unhappy realizations, I just don't know what to do anymore, beyond what I need to do to survive. I'm having a hard time getting into anything, because I feel like the good times are over. I don't know how to get things right. I don't know where to go from here.

TheSkaFish said:
After experiencing some personal losses and dealing with some unhappy realizations, I just don't know what to do anymore, beyond what I need to do to survive.  I'm having a hard time getting into anything, because I feel like the good times are over.  I don't know how to get things right.  I don't know where to go from here.

I've been like that, good times were over and it didn't seem real that a viable living situation of any significance was even possible....it wasn't in my frame of reference to get things right again.
So I focused on doing what I needed to do to survive, as you so aptly put it.

I'd do that again, SkaFish.....focus on the logistics, put the life strategies on hold, go into a functional retreat to marshal one's capabilities and regain some personal resources....be ready for the next turn of the wheel of life, knowing that everything is temporary, including the bad, unhappy zones.

Too much to keep thinking about right now. Guess I'll avoid it for a few more hours (I've got plenty of practice at that) and figure out how I'm going to deal with this honeysuckle in the morning.

ahsatan said:
33. U were close!

Image search says Kat Dennings, born 1985, episode of "2 Broke Girls" filmed in 2011... which, by incredible coincidence, I actually saw tonight.  Math works out, she was 26.

And funny!  I'd never seen this show before-- by complete coincidence, she utters this very line in episode 1. 

Weird with a beard.

I read she was born in 1986. Well she still looks the same! U can still be dead inside when ur in ur twenties. 
I can't believe that episode was on! lol

i-hate-my-life-quote-1.jpg
:(

There are some members here I wish I could talk to verbally so they wouldn't take any words wrongly or potentially twist them easily due to past hurt. And yes, the same applies to me... Hence some of our over-use of emotes. :(

The hugest drawback that is texting. Lack of body language or vibes. So many people here who have amazing hearts but are incapable of letting anyone into theirs.... It's so ******* heart-breaking! </3

Cruising the old forum I was a member on. Man, I miss that place, those people, those topics, those times, the way it made me feel. It was like that scene from Star Wars where Obi-Wan is showing Luke how to use the Force for the first time and he says, "you've taken your first step into a larger world". It really changed my mind, really made me feel hopeful, like I was discovering things, like things were picking up speed and we were going places, and maybe there were cracks in the walls and the ceilings after all and I was going to break through and fly.

But they were so far ahead of me in terms of intellectual/philosophical development, I wasn't good enough, and then life actually did get bad, and I wasn't in the mood to talk to them in the state of mind I was in cause I didn't feel like being "cool" anymore. I didn't feel like trying to be valuable to them. It all seemed silly compared to how things turned out.

Oh well, that's enough nostalgia for one day.

Beautiful fresh and warm sunny South London morning where I'm working .....and I've had three scowls from the gents and two bubbly good mornings from the ladies.I thinking women are definitely happier than men .....

Latest posts

Back