What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Star Wars FB pages should stop talking about Gina Carano. Sure, she was cool in the Mandalorian, but she posted some pretty dumb things, was fired from the show, and now it's done. As far as Star Wars is concerned, it doesn't matter what she is doing now, or what she would have been in if she hadn't been fired. Continuing to talk about her is both pointless, and just giving her attention, which goes against the whole idea of firing her. Let's just get back to the show and go forward.

Idk - normally I'm all for freedom for what you do outside of work, and for speaking your mind, but the comparing Republicans to people in concentration camps was a little much for me. I thought, seriously? This is supposed to be the "tough" party that doesn't "whine" about things and "accepts reality as it is" (which just proves what I already believe about how most "tough" people are really just hypocrites and cowards - it's easy to be "tough" when you hold all the high cards, not so much when you don't). The same goes for the people that make a big deal about it - if you're one of those people that likes to think of yourself as "tough" and that people should "accept reality", then accept that she was fired, because that's reality. The "stronger" party, in this case her employer, won. If you believe that the employer is always right, and whoever has more money and more power should make the rules, and if you don't like it you can leave...that's exactly what happened.

It's also hard to feel bad for her when it was like, she's already a well-paid actress, if she just wouldn't talk about these specific things in these specific ways she could just stay in the show and make even more money. But she chose not to, and it's like, well, that's it then.

Please keep telling me how to do my job. I've only got 10+ years experience compared to your 3 months. I don't care how you did it "last time" it wasn't right then either, follow the **** instructions.

Yeah, love it when someone with two weeks experience decides they want to explain to you how to do a process that you have been doing for years.

I was watching the news over the weekend, and they were talking about how the price of groceries has gone up noticeably between this year and last year. It was already bad enough that in general it costs more to eat healthy, so if you don't have money, you're pretty much stuck eating an unhealthy diet. It goes to show how problems tend to form this kind of web that ensnares you. Then there's the fact that gas is up this year too. And all of this on top of COVID. And lots of other things. It just seems like it's one crisis after another.

I'm fed up with it. When I was a kid, I thought that the future was going to get better. I thought civilization was going to advance, like the lines between real life and science fiction would start to blur. It felt like things were building up. Instead of things getting better like I thought they were going to, all that seems to happen is disasters and things costing more. Instead of things becoming more accessible, they seem to be becoming less. Aside from computers and the internet, I feel like life in the '90s was much better, for me at least. I don't know if this is really accurate or not. That's just the impression I get.

Why is my salary under the average? What's wrong with me? Am I bad worker? Am I stupid? Is the project unnecessary? What should I do? I wonder do they really think they can find someone for the same money...

Well, looks like prices are starting to spike for one of my modern dream cars. Prices for low miles and/or rare colors are really starting to get out of control. From there, it's going to be all of that model, and that car will be unattainable from now on. I've seen it happen with other cars. I knew this was going to happen sometime too, that it wasn't a matter of "if", but "when". All the elements were there. But there was no way I was going to be ready in time, not unless I'd lived my life right all this time to begin with.

I can only hope it doesn't spread to other similar cars of the same era, but it probably will. This is probably the beginning of the end for getting in on anything 90s-00s. There are other, newer cars I like as well, but they started out higher and have further to depreciate. And I'm skeptical that they will ever really become that affordable, before they start spiking too. There are lots of nice cars in the world, but there are only some that I feel something for. And if I'm priced out of anything I actually care about, it means the whole dream is gone.

Idk. It's kind of getting me down a little bit - not so much just about the car itself, that's kind of a first world problem. It's more what it represents. Getting in a nice car someday was a lifelong dream. Now it's looking like it might not happen. It makes me wonder if other things might not happen either, since I'm going to be starting a lot of things in life late. It makes me wonder if I'm getting to the point where I'm going to be locked out of getting or doing anything that I actually care about with my life. And once that happens, I don't know what there would be left to do. Just kill time, I guess.

That was a pretty lazy week even by my standards. I've binge-watched Breaking Bad and reached season 4, didn't even play any games inbetween.

Latest posts

Back