What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is your birthday. I should hate you and I know it, but I just can't bring myself to. I hate the way you treated me. I hate the way things ended. There's not really anything left that I enjoy or am looking forward to. I just want to get through Christmas and the New Year and then hopefully I can start to heal. I don't wish you the best, but I don't wish you any ill either. Hopefully, you will learn from this too and never treat another human being in the way that you treated me...

I'm mainly annoying myself. The bad weather is only giving further excuses for my procrastination. Unusually, around this time of year, I suffer from SAD, and can be a little depressed. However, I have not felt even the slightest inkling of depression, or certainly not seasonally affected. Nonetheless, I have become such a procrastinator. I YouTube much of the day. Then late evening, such as yesterday, disassemble my cooker, and clean it to almost forensic detail.

Last edited:
I don't get it.
It's either I'm too reserved or too expressive. Why is anyone trying to tell me how to behave anymore, anyway? And why would I listen?
I'm tired of listening all the time. Too much talking, trash, nonsense, self, hedonism under pretense of being righteous or true.
I see through you.

Fight the power! ✊

I feel pretty insecure, as is normal for me this time of year.

This is my kids' second Christmas home with me, due to things happening on ex's end. I definitely feel an added pressure, as they have their routine with the ex and family, which takes years to perfect and I'm nowhere near there yet. My kids are happy to be home. I'm trying to channel that energy more than my own fears. If I'm honest, my fears have me to the point of crying every night. I have an amazing little family, and I really do want the best for my offspring.

I have 7 more days of work until my time off for the holiday. Work has been back and forth. In one sense, I am very confident in how I get through things. But I feel very leaned on lately, and I can't let go of certain responsibilities without fear of everything failing. By the end of my typical work week, I am counting the minutes down until my two days off. I have to get through two extra days this week. Perhaps the coffee and Christmas baking treats will help a bit. Hopefully, the guilt stays away for my holiday. They can survive without me.

On a positive, the weather is down to frostbite warnings finally. I really do enjoy putting on my big coat and walking in the cold.

Some women, man. It seems like they change guys like a person changes a pair of socks. I don't know how people do it.

Actually I do know. It's hotness. That's one thing that allows you to pick and choose.

Still, I can't even imagine what it's like to live like that, where getting into a relationship whenever you feel like it, is stupid-easy. You will just never have to worry about being forever alone, or "getting a personality", "emotionally connecting", "having chemistry" or "being compatible", which seems like an endlessly complicated, never-ending, always moving list of things to do in JUST the right way, and just when you think you completed one thing, it turns out you did it wrong and/or there were things you were missing, and there are always more things being added to the list.

But when you just so happen to be the "right" kind of person, it's like people will be willing to work backwards with you - they'll start with the idea that you're compatible, and work backwards to find ways to make it work, or just fudge it and say it works and be done with it. Whereas with a normal person, you're guilty until proven innocent - you start at incompatible, and you **** well stay there, unless you manage to pull some kind of rabbit out of your hat that says otherwise, and you find that rabbit FAST. You're "out", unless you just so happened to be living and thinking the right way this entire time.

Not having to worry about that, must be like being a billionaire, where unless you do something royally dumb, you'll just never have to worry about running out of money. I just can't imagine what it would be like where anything I said, no matter how dumb or boring, is acceptable, and I don't have to think about how I come across at all. I wouldn't have to consciously try to make myself into anything, I could just be, and it would be good enough. Not having to worry about personality or chemistry/compatibility or the possibility of being alone forever, would be such a load off my mind. I mean, it wouldn't magically solve everything. But it would make my life better, by a LOT. It would be one less massive problem to worry about, and would free up my mind to focus on other things.

I don't know, I mean I know it does me no good to think about this. But still, how different a world some people live in, where something that seems astronomically hard for me, is so simple to them that they don't even have to think about it any more than they'd think about breathing, makes my head spin.

PS - please forgive the rant. Just my knee-jerk reaction to something on Facebook and I had to spit it out.

Last edited:
I wish I was a lunatic, full blown.

...This is weird... I came here and found this, above. Must have written it another time and never finished.

Would be easier to be full-on crazy sometimes than only just bathing in bewilderment. Or something. Wouldn't have to be so doubtful of things, that way. Could just go nuts and to the devil with self-doubts.

Today I spent 6 hours at the office doing work effectively off the record and I actually feel better as a consequence. Certainly a welcome change after the night I had yesterday.

feeling like I need to apologize to her for having my crush or more or whatever it is... it puts her in a bad position, or at least in my brain it does....I know it is ALL in my head and I have never actually acknowledged my feelings with her...lol
then that leads me to, I know I have a social anxiety disorder, panic attacks, avoidance and all that so need to see a DR, but then, I think, how can I tell a dr, when my disorder kicks in and makes me clam up......
yup messy mind Saturday..lol

Some things just aren't "appropriate" past 35/40.

Clubs? Forget it. Spontaneous trips over the weekend/holidays with friends? Forget that too: Peers have family responsibilities or have long since moved on from doing that sort of thing. Everybody's a dull homebody or a drunk stuck at some bar.

My facial hair is greying as is the hair on my head so how come the hair that's started sprouting from my nostrils and ear lobes is jet black ffs!

Last edited:
Some things just aren't "appropriate" past 35/40.

Clubs? Forget it. Spontaneous trips over the weekend/holidays with friends? Forget that too: Peers have family responsibilities or have long since moved on from doing that sort of thing. Everybody's a dull homebody or a drunk stuck at some bar.
I partied the fresia out of my 40's. Clubs in random road trips, drunken debauchery, women half my age. Anyone tell me that I couldn't, well just hold my beer!

Latest posts

Back