What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some things just aren't "appropriate" past 35/40.

Clubs? Forget it. Spontaneous trips over the weekend/holidays with friends? Forget that too: Peers have family responsibilities or have long since moved on from doing that sort of thing. Everybody's a dull homebody or a drunk stuck at some bar.

I'm kind of worried that things will get like that for me as well. Because I didn't do stuff at the right age either, because I didn't have money, ideas, or just wasn't in the mood to do anything, I still feel like a twenty-something, or even a teenager myself. I don't feel my age, I don't feel like an adult at all. But I'm afraid my friends will move on without me and will be gone, and I'll just be here by myself.

It's hard to come up with ideas though. I think a lot of people default to "the bar" because it's easy. You go, you drink, you laugh at nothing, and forget your problems and feel OK for a little while, until the next day or so when you wish you did something more interesting instead. But what that "something interesting" is, I don't know.

I first heard that song in 2005 or 2006. Man...I never thought I'd say it but I would travel back to 2005 or 2006 in a heartbeat.

Yes, please allow your grandson, who is not careful and doesn't care about anyone but himself to bring a **** friend to Christmas that is probably pushing it on safety when you have FOUR people who are high risk for severe cases.....makes total sense. I'm not so sure my grandmother should come now....

On a positive, the weather is down to frostbite warnings finally. I really do enjoy putting on my big coat and walking in the cold.

Glad to hear it. I was beginning to suspect that you were a Reptilian secret agent in the Alien Cold War, on a mission to disrupt the Pleiadians' efforts to guide the evolution of humanity towards joining the interstellar community on their side 🦎

I feel pretty insecure, as is normal for me this time of year.

This is my kids' second Christmas home with me, due to things happening on ex's end. I definitely feel an added pressure, as they have their routine with the ex and family, which takes years to perfect and I'm nowhere near there yet. My kids are happy to be home. I'm trying to channel that energy more than my own fears. If I'm honest, my fears have me to the point of crying every night. I have an amazing little family, and I really do want the best for my offspring.

I have 7 more days of work until my time off for the holiday. Work has been back and forth. In one sense, I am very confident in how I get through things. But I feel very leaned on lately, and I can't let go of certain responsibilities without fear of everything failing. By the end of my typical work week, I am counting the minutes down until my two days off. I have to get through two extra days this week. Perhaps the coffee and Christmas baking treats will help a bit. Hopefully, the guilt stays away for my holiday. They can survive without me.

As for the rest -
all I have to say is that you've always come across as a capable and caring person, more than able to put a fun holiday together. No need to worry or beat yourself up - if Offline Amy is anything like Forum Amy, I have no doubt you'll do just fine.

Merry Christmas 🎄🤶🎁🎁🌨️🌨️❄️❄️❄️❄️

-43 C tomorrow 😁😁😁😍😍😍

See if you were a Reptilian, you couldn't go out walking in that. You'd fall right asleep, being cold-blooded and all.

It's how I know we can trust you ;)

(I would have thought twice about making Reptilian jokes had I known that there was a recent thread actually talking about Reptilians - but it's too late now, and I'm running with it...)

See if you were a Reptilian, you couldn't go out walking in that. You'd fall right asleep, being cold-blooded and all.

It's how I know we can trust you ;)

(I would have thought twice about making Reptilian jokes had I known that there was a recent thread actually talking about Reptilians - but it's too late now, and I'm running with it...)
Your posts really made me chuckle, as I dated someone who was up to date with reptillians and Pleiadians. He threatened to manifest snow when I broke up with him. Of course, it was the beginning of November, so I think some other force already beat him to it.

I wasn't actually planning on walking anywhere tomorrow, but I may want a Dr Pepper.

Latest posts

Back