What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a number of years, friends from another state used to visit over the holidays and we used to spend New Year's with them. We would get dinner and catch up on the previous year, then wait for midnight. It began to feel like a cozy tradition. Then they moved to our state, not less than 10 miles away, and our friendship just fell apart for reasons that I'll probably never fully understand. They began to say, inexplicably, "we're booked on New Years." I knew them for decades long distance and all it took was them moving close by to end it. Strange, but I guess some people make better far-away friends? In what turned out to be my last email to them, I said that I still consider us all friends, and nothing had changed as far as I was concerned, but I never received a reply. Though it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, I always remember it for a bit of time on every New Year's eve.

Which civilized country allows cats to undergo a completely unnecessary procedure which can lead to infection, nerve damage and a myriad of lifelong issues simply because they don't want a scratch on their furniture?

Which civilized country allows cats to undergo a completely unnecessary procedure which can lead to infection, nerve damage and a myriad of lifelong issues simply because they don't want a scratch on their furniture?

Yeah, that was actually my second question. She showed up at my house, outside, like a month ago. I didn't even think to check if she had her claws. I really didn't think anyone did that anymore. I took her to the humane society yesterday afternoon because she can't stay outside, she couldn't survive. They said most of the vets here won't do it anymore, but there are one or two that still do it.

Yeah, that was actually my second question. She showed up at my house, outside, like a month ago. I didn't even think to check if she had her claws. I really didn't think anyone did that anymore. I took her to the humane society yesterday afternoon because she can't stay outside, she couldn't survive. They said most of the vets here won't do it anymore, but there are one or two that still do it.
I sadly know a great many Americans who still express a preference for declawed cats. Most of them live in large cities and are well enough off that they should just repair or replace whatever gets damaged... or simply don't own a cat.

Is today, today? Or, is today tommorrow? Maybe today was yesterday. Every day is nearly a repeat of the day before for me, which is comfortable. But, it can really detach you from time, days, and dates.

I got up refreshed and feeling human this morning but after half a day adulting I was tired again! Seems like everything is hard work lately but I realise it's difficult for everybody.

Will we ever get back to "normal"?

I sadly know a great many Americans who still express a preference for declawed cats. Most of them live in large cities and are well enough off that they should just repair or replace whatever gets damaged... or simply don't own a cat.

I did have one of my cats declawed. NOT because of furniture, but because she was more of a attack first ask questions later type of cat. lol This was also long before they started really questioning what it actually did to the cat. I have three cats now, none of them declawed. There's a water bottle sitting beside me for when they scratch furniture, which only one does and only when the fatass thinks he's starving. lol

I did have one of my cats declawed. NOT because of furniture, but because she was more of a attack first ask questions later type of cat. lol
^ I had a friend with a cat that loved to attack people. So, he got it declawed. I really liked it after that. It would jump on you, and fall down on the floor obviously. Then it would bat you like crazy, and it just felt kind of nice. I would laugh, grab the cat, and pet it, all while it wanted to kill me. I imaged that's how a date with TheRealCallie would be like except she'd still find a way to permanently injure you. ;)

^ I had a friend with a cat that loved to attack people. So, he got it declawed. I really liked it after that. It would jump on you, and fall down on the floor obviously. Then it would bat you like crazy, and it just felt kind of nice. I would laugh, grab the cat, and pet it, all while it wanted to kill me. I imaged that's how a date with TheRealCallie would be like except she'd still find a way to permanently injure you. ;)

I'd just like to point out that declawed cats still have teeth :) Also, I still have my claws, thanks.

Latest posts

Back