What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually have a coonskin hat somewhere in boxes. Relic of my Davy Crockett phase as a kid.
Also thinking of shooting, but not coons. They're rather cute. People are more fun to shoot. Especially in the arse...

Thinking about my old bff.. he kept unfriended me on Facebook for no reason so I blocked him in the end and ignored his new fb account friend request.
Then few years later he messaged me to say he misses me. Then follow request me on Instagram so I followed him back then months later I found out we were not following each other anymore (think he blocked me then unblocked me so we are not following each other as his profile comes up on follow suggestion.)

It was ages ago but still hurts.

I don't understand that why some people are like this 😔

Hm. My backlegs are really sore this morning. I should take some advspirin.
I wonder if Shortcels or Longcels think it's hip and coolspeak. Sounds vaguely like Newspeak. Or Modtalk, whicheva.

Last edited:
Thinking about my old bff.. he kept unfriended me on Facebook for no reason so I blocked him in the end and ignored his new fb account friend request.
Then few years later he messaged me to say he misses me. Then follow request me on Instagram so I followed him back then months later I found out we were not following each other anymore (think he blocked me then unblocked me so we are not following each other as his profile comes up on follow suggestion.)

It was ages ago but still hurts.

I don't understand that why some people are like this 😔
When people have head issues, they sometimes do things and then try to undo them, sometimes repeatedly.

If you've gotten arrested like 12+ times for basically the same things all 12+ times, I think it's safe to say that you suck at breaking the law, and you should probably stop trying to get away with doing so because you're really not good at it.

If you've gotten arrested like 12+ times for basically the same things all 12+ times, I think it's safe to say that you suck at breaking the law, and you should probably stop trying to get away with doing so because you're really not good at it.

That's one reason I never really got into breaking the law.
I always felt like I stood more to lose, than to gain.
I didn't think I had the cunning and quick-thinking to be any good at it, or the street knowledge - not even getting into the morality of it.

I'm a suburbanite, without muscles and with a college education.
I don't come from money and privilege, but I'm not at all from the street.
I have exactly zero street instincts.
On the street I'd be like a zoo animal in the wild, I'd have no chance.
The only thing I learned how to do growing up was book-smarts.
I belong in mental/knowledge/office work, I've come to terms with that.
That's the safest, easiest, most sensible bet for me to play my role and the surest path for me to be able to "be a man".
However, I just need to figure out how to have a personality at the same time, so I don't come off as "bland suburban guy".

Last edited:
That's one reason I never really got into breaking the law.
I didn't think I had the cunning and quick-thinking to be any good at it, or the street knowledge - not even getting into the morality of it.

My neighbors are a mess. 🙄
They're not bad people, but they have done bad things.
They grew up even rougher than I did, getting into hard drugs in their middle and late teens.
It's sad, to be honest. Because like I said they're not bad people, they're just stupid.
But the problem is that they don't know that they're stupid. So they just live however that way.
Man thinks he's making the dollar stretch doing scrap metal runs with a team of like 4 or 5 other jailbirds.
I've known him my whole life, we grew up together. Just as adults, I keep my distance due to his, erm...:unsure:
Proclivity for error. 😂😅
Him and I have a kinda strange dynamic.
He's like twice my size in physicale, and is often in an altered state, definitely highly morally ambiguous, kinda makes me nervous to be around.
But he's scared of me because I kicked his arse in a fight that he started when we were kids. 😂
I don't hate the man, he scares the crap out of me because he doesn't know that he doesn't know and THAT is scary, because it can lead to well, 12+ arrests.
😅
I don't want to be around him whenever he fucks up and goes back to jail again.
So I keep my distance and try to keep him at a distance.
It's sort of an unspoken agreement to keep the peace by not rocking the boat if the other doesn't rock the boat.
Were it not for his drug use and crime, him and I actually have a small handful of things in common, which is why we hung out when we were kids.
I'm kinda just like:
Bro, you're 35, like me. I know you're about that life, but at 35, you should probably stop trying to be about that life. 👀
He says he wants to be sober but he relapses easily. He's easily triggered and actually quite a bit emotional but you'd never guess it looking at the man because he's built like a professional ring fighter.
Anyway I'm just rambling now, but yeah, that's what I was thinking of, was my neighbors.

At 35, you should attempt to reassess your values.
Do you still value what you valued 15 years ago at 20?
Adjust your life accordingly.
There's no need to make your life harder than it already is.
You're 35, you're already half dead already anyway.

At 35, you should attempt to reassess your values.
Do you still value what you valued 15 years ago at 20?
Adjust your life accordingly.
There's no need to make your life harder than it already is.
You're 35, you're already half dead already anyway.
Gee, thanks, I'm 44 now........🤨 lol

Gee, thanks, I'm 44 now........🤨 lol

It's like the fly on the wall to me.
"That which has been seen cannot be unseen" and all of that jazz.
You know that old bs saying that all men think about is sex?
All I think about is death, dying, and how I'm living my life until I die.
It's hypnotic. Like the thing I can't pull away from.
Or if I do, it's only for short amounts of time at a time.
When you have no security and no help you have to be your own security and be your own help.
The result of that is that it becomes very all-consuming mentally.
I've been this way for so long I've mostly become comfortable with it.
Accepting of it, rather. And perhaps as comfortable as I can be with discomfort itself.
My wants, desires, hopes and dreams are all greatly diminished and rationalized, which allows me to manage the organization of chaos in my life better.
At the cost of the reason and point of doing so.
It's ironic. I can roll with that, I appreciate ironic dark humor.

It's like the fly on the wall to me.
"That which has been seen cannot be unseen" and all of that jazz.
You know that old bs saying that all men think about is sex?
All I think about is death, dying, and how I'm living my life until I die.
It's hypnotic. Like the thing I can't pull away from.
Or if I do, it's only for short amounts of time at a time.
When you have no security and no help you have to be your own security and be your own help.
The result of that is that it becomes very all-consuming mentally.
I've been this way for so long I've mostly become comfortable with it.
Accepting of it, rather. And perhaps as comfortable as I can be with discomfort itself.
My wants, desires, hopes and dreams are all greatly diminished and rationalized, which allows me to manage the organization of chaos in my life better.
At the cost of the reason and point of doing so.
It's ironic. I can roll with that, I appreciate ironic dark humor.
...you're the life of the party, Batman. 😜

I can relate. To an extent. I try to not overthink or rationalize as much anymore. Live the moment. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

...you're the life of the party, Batman. 😜

I can relate. To an extent. I try to not overthink or rationalize as much anymore. Live the moment. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Well see that's the thing, if I put rational thoughts aside:
That's the first place my mind goes to. 😂
And with rationality, I'm mechanically and methodically organized.
I don't spend a lot of my time in my feelings, my feelings and my thoughts are mostly separated. Mostly. They're as separated as I can make them to be, because it's easier for me to manage them separate.
Probably due to the very busy life that I have.
The only problem is that it's REALLY easy to lose track of time this way.
In depression, I lose track of time from a lack of feeling.
But even out of depression, I lose track of time from complex objective thinking and organization that can sweep through weeks and months of my time at once, and that's with me trying to do things efficiently to try to save on time and resources.
So it's kinda like leaving the oven, only to realize the kitchen is at least as hot as the inside of the oven only the kitchen is bigger so it dissipates a little better despite the ambient being the same.
My mind, body and feelings are almost never in the same place.
I can collect them into the same place, but that's just not how they naturally are anymore.
Oddly, that's the thing that makes my relationship with my girlfriend work, because she's also like that, because she also lives a very busy life. The reason it works is that for as spread out as our headspaces tend to be, they always tend to be spread out in the same direction.
So it's kinda like running into the same people repeatedly throughout town when you're getting your groceries.
After a while you get to know each other.
In our instance that's sort of how we ended up together.

Administrator's note: Due to the originality of the question it asks this thread falls under the criteria of "Essential" and hereby shall remain as a historical landmark of aLonelyLife.com in the form of a sticky. Thank You, ThatOneGuy!

4th of April 2008

- Robin
-----------------

Just type exactly what you are thinking right now. Exactly what you are thinking... don't hold back(except if it is explicit, against another member or the forum, etc.).

Just a thread to clear your thoughts with.

And.......................................................................... GO!
I’m thinking about why I have been with someone who is so nasty to me. I am a good man and am tired of being treated like crap. I’d love to find a good, kind woman to spend my life with

I'm 31 today. I started my day with an early morning shower and a 5km walk. Both things I haven't made time for. I heard on a podcast yesterday, "Wake up before you actually need to." Felt pretty good. Maybe I will do it again tomorrow.
Happy Birthday GIF by MyPostcard

Latest posts

Back