What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking, I'm feeling the need to start a bonfire in a parking lot.
Or to blow something up.
I've got fireworks still in my desk drawer. Those will do.
So, if you hear sirens later, the cops are after my ass.

evanescencefan91 said:
I'm thinking it's so sad that the librar,y gym, blimpie ,and the dairy queen are now completly submerged under 7 feet of water :(

O my, I heard there was bad flooding around there, how bad is it? Is your house okay and all that?

I'm thinking it's so sad that the library gym, blimpie ,and the dairy queen are now completly submerged under 7 feet of water

ya fortunatly our house was far enough away that we didn't have to get evactuated, a lot of other people weren't so lucky there are tons of houses almost completly underwater, my sister in Iowa city might have to evactuate though.
It's crazy

our internet connection and power was out for a while and we got it back, but there are still a lot of places still without power

here are some pictures we took i've got a bunch more of you'd like to see them, the poor dairy queen, the middle one wasn't mine that one was taken by a helicopper

and mays island with the city hall isn't really an island anymore, thats the Cedar River and it's overflowed those 3 bridges connected to the island. Pretty much all of downtown is under like 7ft of water, the flood stage for the river was 12ft, the record height before was 20ft and today it crested at 30ft

Attachments

• n1173780232_30558245_3642.jpg
    n1173780232_30558245_3642.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 7
  • n506373663_526591_3213.jpg
    n506373663_526591_3213.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 6
  • n1173780232_30558247_4311.jpg
    n1173780232_30558247_4311.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 6
Wow, that is crazy, do you ever remember it flooding like this before there?

What will the poor dairy queen do, think of all the delicious blizzards being ruined:(

no, we've never had a flood anywhere near this bad before, even in the flood of 93 we didn't get this much water, this is like a one in 500yr flood,

or global warming, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

but you know that would be the worst case scenario, but this has been a crazy year here, we had all that snow in the winter and that tornado in Parkersburg

i hope they were able to get some of the ice cream out of there or the fishies will be having a nice ice cream feast

It floods here :/
but we've now had two fairly dry winters in a row.
**** water restrictions >:/
the year before that it flooded a lot though, so I guess I'd be complaining either way.

evanescencefan91 said:
I'm thinking it's so sad that the library gym, blimpie ,and the dairy queen are now completly submerged under 7 feet of water
I'm thinking
Not the Dairy Queen! & thankful evanescencefan is ok. :)

evanescencefan91 said:
no, we've never had a flood anywhere near this bad before, even in the flood of 93 we didn't get this much water, this is like a one in 500yr flood,

or global warming, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

but you know that would be the worst case scenario, but this has been a crazy year here, we had all that snow in the winter and that tornado in Parkersburg

i hope they were able to get some of the ice cream out of there or the fishies will be having a nice ice cream feast

Global Warming indeed I've noticed a lot of things global warming can be blamed for recently hmmmm kinda scary

Glad your alright,ef and I hope that things dry off soon there

Bluey said:
Am thinking that this is my 2,000 post [img=50x50]http://images.blogthings.com/whatemoticonbestrepresentsyourightnowquiz/shocked.jpg[/img] And I just got my nice new shiny star to celebrate it with :D

Congrats bluey:D I will get a star too....Cause it's shiny and purdy,lol

Bluey said:
Am thinking that this is my 2,000 post [img=50x50]http://images.blogthings.com/whatemoticonbestrepresentsyourightnowquiz/shocked.jpg[/img] And I just got my nice new shiny star to celebrate it with :D

Hooray for you!
thumb.gif

Now you're giving us all star envy..

I'm thinking I'm still sleepy..

I am thinking about how its weird that everyone is all about "American pride" but all the things that we value as a society are imported/European. I mean, think about foods like filet mignon, caviar, foie gras, etc. All of America covets the designs of European couturiers. Write "imported" on a product and it suddenly takes on more value and esteem. We work our asses off so we can buy that Italian sportscar, retire somewhere else in the world, or any other form of escapism. The crazy/ironic part is that a lot of Americans are quick to attack other countries, i.e. France, and assert how much better we are than them, despite the fact that we are subconsciously coveting their culture and way of life. Idk, I really like the fact that America is such a melting pot, but the pride/value disconnect is really weird. Hell, I just saw a commercial for some American car (I think) that had a French song in it.

i should just go through the source code and remove all of the extra stuff that I just put in, segfaults are not a good thing :/

Latest posts

Back