What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graduation in six months, then I'm literally going to beat my gym into submission...

It's a love-hate relationship.

Qui said:
I am thinking about life in general... and about how I'm too much of a wuss to love people. I'm kind of wondering why I'm like this and I'm also wondering why I am writing this because no one cares what I think anyway. I'm also thinking someone may respond to that to deny it but they won't because I'm adding this sentence to say that I would expect them to respond but now don't expect them to because I am saying this which will cause people to not bother to argue with me because there really isn't any point anyway. I am thinking myself in circles. It is dangerous for me to respond to these things, I think, because I don't think in logical sequences all the time. I wonder why I'm so lonely and I think it's gotten to my head because I never expected to ever really talk to anyone here, I thought I would post once or twice and be ignored like I was on every other forum I've ever been on, but people here are so kind and caring that they spare a moment to acknowledge me and it really means a lot to me, so I guess this is my way of saying thank you to everyone here... That's what I'm thinking right now.

I feel the same. Some of us are missing an important brain function that produces dopamine and other positive-mood chemicals when people start a conversation and relate to others.

We get no joy-juice when we interact with others or relate to others... I supposed it is what it is...

Although thinking back I really have to ask myself if our environment has anything to do with it.. i don't believe anyone was born to be lonely or sad... I think we have niche brains that had a very specific purpous in a society that has changed too much to remember what it was.

we're like the blind cave reptiles that have evolved to have no eyes... except there are no more caves anymore...

ThatOneGuy said:
Administrator's note: Due to the originality of the question it asks this thread falls under the criteria of "Essential" and hereby shall remain as a historical landmark of aLonelyLife.com in the form of a sticky. Thank You, ThatOneGuy!

4th of April 2008
- Robin

-----------------

Just type exactly what you are thinking right now. Exactly what you are thinking... don't hold back(except if it is explicit, against another member or the forum, etc.).

Just a thread to clear your thoughts with.

And.......................................................................... GO!

I'm thinking... How and Why did I end up lonely again?

The old Cliche that follows me day to day becomes particularly noticable on TG and other family holidays. Much of the people I grew up with are married with children... the few who aren't, at least have a partner or some sort of dating life.. I haven't had any of those in years.

At 32, it has been so long, that I am feeling less a part of society than ever before in my life. I would like more than anything to have some friends.. a GF.. a wife... kids... but the longer I live the less likely it becomes.

Trying to stay positive... trying to create a wholesome logical theme in my mind to explain my perpetual lonelyness and sadness... I tell myself god had other plans for me... mother nature had other plans for me... There are thousands of people around me who haven't achieved half of what I have... they have never had a career.. they have never went to college... yet somehow they have managed to find a mate, start a family, and somehow find happyness.... Feeling a lot of envy... but also understanding the failure is entirely mine.

Epiphany: I have finally discerned the meaning behind that looks on Cat A's face after I get done petting Cat B; it is "Really? REALLY? That skank?"

Ohhhh too much food. Ohhh I'm a balloon. It wasn't worth it. It wasn't worth it.

I regret nothing.

Deleting PMs is a real struggle. I don't want to delete any of them but... 100% space used. >.<

Also feeling super gloomy. It's dark and cold outside, just like my soul.

TheSkaFish said:
lonelyfairy said:
Deleting PMs is a real struggle. I don't want to delete any of them but... 100% space used. >.<

you can download your private messages. it's just to the left of the bar showing how much space you've used. hope that helps!

Oh! I've never used this feature. How interesting. :)

TheSkaFish said:
lonelyfairy said:

you can download your private messages. it's just to the left of the bar showing how much space you've used. hope that helps!

That's cool! I should try that. Thanks for telling!

I've gone reputation-crazy today. The Forum program is telling me I can't write anymore for today.

Well sorry for feeling so positive about other people. -_-

TheSkaFish. Can't rep you for that post, sorry. Blame the forum. Would if I could.

It feels so bad that people with terminal cancer will refuse to try any harmless alternate treatment with so much decision, and instead take chemio and radio without even blinking until the very end - I mean, what have you got to lose?

Latest posts

Back