What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSkaFish said:
Triple Bogey said:
That lass at work putting her arm around me twice.
And also pulling her shirt up and showing me her belly.

I'd say if you want to, you're all clear to follow up on that. Don't let it go too long and don't let nerves or the past talk you out of it. Just be here, now. Go for it if you want to.

No it's only friends. She is half my age and in a relationship. But we do get on. She is a laugh. The touching thing was new today but I didn't mind it. We stand close when we talk as well which I have noticed. Other staff are noticing, giving us looks. I bet people are talking.

Triple Bogey said:
No it's only friends. She is half my age and in a relationship. But we do get on. She is a laugh. The touching thing was new today but I didn't mind it. We stand close when we talk as well which I have noticed. Other staff are noticing, giving us looks. I bet people are talking.

****! I feel frustrated for you, even if you were not - I see singledom as a problem to defeat. I was really hoping things were changing for you. That would have been very inspiring!

TheSkaFish said:
Triple Bogey said:

****! I feel frustrated for you, even if you were not - I see singledom as a problem to defeat. I was really hoping things were changing for you. That would have been very inspiring!

It's okay. Work can be boring so it's nice to have a chat with someone.
She wants to sit next to me at the Christmas meal next month. Should be interesting.

I need to spend less time on internet but I am sad when I go out and even more lonely when I come home after that. And I need to finish this college but I feel like my brain is too slow to do that. If I could turn back time to one or two years ago I never would isolated myself that much, like I didn't exist in that time I just floated in my abyss... Now I'm not sure how to come back to that better state of mind. Feel like something in me died. My innoscence died.

Solivagant said:
I don't belong here. It feels wrong.

Here? Lots of people on here like you, Solivagant. I think you're pretty neat. If you left, I guarantee you'd be missed.

bookworm1979 said:
I'm wasting my time here. Invisible people do not get responses on forums.

You've just got a low post count. The more you stay around and post, the more people will get to know you in time.

TheSkaFish said:
Here? Lots of people on here like you, Solivagant. I think you're pretty neat. If you left, I guarantee you'd be missed.

No, not the forum. Thank you though.

It feels like it's happening to someone else. I must take control now before things get out of hand.

This is a strange frame of mind. More and less, simultaneously. Tranquil and very disturbed.

My hands are far too warm.

This stupid lass at work arguing with me about The Beatles. How many UK number 1's they had.
She said 27 and had the cheek to insist I was wrong. I listed them out from the top of my head. And then said 'I can tell you how long each one was at number 1 if you like !'

Triple Bogey said:
This stupid lass at work arguing with me about The Beatles. How many UK number 1's they had.
She said 27 and had the cheek to insist I was wrong. I listed them out from the top of my head. And then said 'I can tell you how long each one was at number 1 if you like !'

How many did they have?

BeyondShy said:
Triple Bogey said:

How many did they have?

Not counting Free as a Bird, they had 17.

From me to you (7 weeks)
She loves you (6 weeks)
I want to hold your hand (5 weeks)
Can't buy me love (3 weeks)
Hard days night (3 weeks)
I feel fine (5 weeks)
Ticket to Ride (3 weeks)
Help (3 weeks)
Day Tripper / We can work it out (5 weeks)
Paperback writer (2 weeks)
Eleanor Rigby / Yellow Submarine (4 weeks)
All you need is love (3 weeks)
Hello Goodbye (7 weeks)
Lada Madonna (2 weeks)
Hey Jude (2 weeks)
Get Back (5 weeks)
The Ballad of John and Yoko (3 weeks)

Records not making number 1

Love me do got to 17
Please, Please me reached number 2
Penny Lane / Strawberry Fields Forever number 2
Something / Come Together reached number 4
Let it be number 2

That goes upto 1970 when they split. Not sure about re issues etc.

The trouble with living with children (even if they're not your own, I don't have any myself, they are my sister's – herself, her boyfriend and their two small kids live with us) is that you can't “just ignore them”.

I am always self conscious, I am always conscious of every little noise I make - I don't want to disturb or upset people (I have misophonia so I understand how irritating and upsetting some noises can be to people) but it feels like I am constantly walking on egg shells (I feel like I am constantly walking on egg shells in my house anyway but that's a different issue).
Lots and lots of problems to do with having misophonia.

Emotional, verbal and physical abuse from my mother. Emotional and verbal abuse from my younger brother. Other past abuse from another family member.

Earlier this evening my younger brother started yelling at me because I misheard something he said to me. When I told him to back off because of this things got worse and our mother who was also in the room (we were in the living room) joined in with yelling at me.
At one point my brother called me “retarded”, which upset me as I am diagnosed with asperger's and that is a slur.
At another point my mother got in my face and personal space like she was going to hit me and started touching the items belonging to me which I had with me.

I keep thinking about running away from home – I need to move out and get my own place but I haven't had employment since the beginning of last October and I wouldn't know where to start anyway.

Does running away from your problems count as cardio?

That's hilarious. All these young teens, and she acts just about the same way, yet she's a decade older. I imagine she was attention-seeking at that age, too.

Latest posts

Back