What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jblanch3 said:
Just winding down after a night at work. I went for a drive after. I'm going for my driver's license next month, and I failed my first road test last month. It's really all I can think about. I just really want to get out of the retail job I've had for many years and want to try something new, and I know I'm going to need a car to do it. It's just frustrating, being in this sort of limbo until late January, and longer if I fail the test again.

If you can, get someone to drive with you for about 45 minutes before the test starts to make sure you are warmed up,

jblanch3 said:
Just winding down after a night at work. I went for a drive after. I'm going for my driver's license next month, and I failed my first road test last month. It's really all I can think about. I just really want to get out of the retail job I've had for many years and want to try something new, and I know I'm going to need a car to do it. It's just frustrating, being in this sort of limbo until late January, and longer if I fail the test again.

Don't put pressure on yourself with the hopes of passing for your future plans. Take it one step at a time.

BreakingtheGirl said:
Lots of self-motivation talk in my head.
"You can do this! Start the website, go full force into this! Give it everything you got...there's NO time to procrastinate like you have done all your life. If you want to get this business going & successful, you need to work on it every single day. No more downtime, not even if you're depressed. If so, let the creative side take over the depression.
Hell, if Gary Dahl created the "Pet Rock" the in 70s, making millions, ANYONE can make it in any business! Determination & positivity is key."

Right you are. Good luck!

red guy said:
BreakingtheGirl said:
Lots of self-motivation talk in my head.
"You can do this! Start the website, go full force into this! Give it everything you got...there's NO time to procrastinate like you have done all your life. If you want to get this business going & successful, you need to work on it every single day. No more downtime, not even if you're depressed. If so, let the creative side take over the depression.
Hell, if Gary Dahl created the "Pet Rock" the in 70s, making millions, ANYONE can make it in any business! Determination & positivity is key."

Right you are. Good luck!

Thank you! I'll need it :0)

Maybe I shouldn't have rewatched 'Drive'. That had some unmistakable influence on my dreamscape.

Aisha said:
I am an idiot. That's the least of the things I can call myself. I know the issues I've had with insomnia and the trouble getting back into a regular pattern once that was dealt with, so why did I deliberately ruin my sleep cycle again? So much cursing going on in my head right now.. I'm very tired. I would like to physically assault myself for this stupidity, but unfortunately I'm a little too evolved to attempt that.

This happens to me sometimes but I don't bring it on myself every time it happens. There are nights I have to stay late which leads to disordered sleep cycle. Whenever it happens I try to fix it by moving my sleep and get up time half an our at a time. There are times I can only move it 15 minutes while my goal was half an hour which is okay. It takes time but eventually my sleep gets back to normal.

I have come to conclusion that whenever I push my mind and body to the limits without taking enough break I can study more and be more productive but I don't advise this to anyone. This is not the way to live life. It can easily turn into a habit when you sacrifice your well-being in order to try to get more things done and be more productive, which in turn leads to health problems. Having a balance of rest and productivity is very important for good health. But unfortunately, I know some people are really in a situation that can't afford to have such balance. :(

Aisha said:
I really hope she'll be okay too. Sending prayers and well wishes your way.

Thanks.

My kid being sick is bittersweet. On the one hand, he's sick and I hate that....but on the other hand, if he wasn't sick, I would have had to take them all over everywhere this weekend for play dates, shopping and holiday festivals. lol

Don't bother, your intentions are nice, but it will only embarress them. I am used to it by now. The more times it just makes me sad.

I woke up this morning and checked my phone to see emails from guys on match.com where I do embarrasingly have a profile, but I'm not subscribed so I don't use it. I'm like what is this... Turns out they are having a contact anybody for free day. Quickly deleted my account after seeing the type of lame one word messages people did send me

Cool-ish? I do not appreciate being called a halfling/munchkin/chibi and being patronized. You had better watch your shins, mister.
Tired, but I don't have much of a choice other than to do this tonight. I hope I can stick to the plan.

MadeofLove said:
This happens to me sometimes but I don't bring it on myself every time it happens. There are nights I have to stay late which leads to disordered sleep cycle. Whenever it happens I try to fix it by moving my sleep and get up time half an our at a time. There are times I can only move it 15 minutes while my goal was half an hour which is okay. It takes time but eventually my sleep gets back to normal.

I have come to conclusion that whenever I push my mind and body to the limits without taking enough break I can study more and be more productive but I don't advise this to anyone. This is not the way to live life. It can easily turn into a habit when you sacrifice your well-being in order to try to get more things done and be more productive, which in turn leads to health problems. Having a balance of rest and productivity is very important for good health. But unfortunately, I know some people are really in a situation that can't afford to have such balance. :(

I wouldn't advise it to anyone either. Unfortunately, as you said, sometimes it's inevitable. I really can't complain since my choice of career involves that happening, but I'm happy doing what I do. But when I stay up for other purposes, then the grumbling happens the day after. Like you said, it does go back to normal eventually, but I've had trouble just sleeping at all before and a disturbed sleep cycle makes me dread it happening again.
I hope your aunt's doing better after the surgery, and that all went well.

beautiful loser said:
"Did you hear about the fat, alcoholic transvestite - All he wanted to do was eat, drink and be Mary"

[video=youtube]

Just kidding Bogey...it made me chuckle :)

isn't my joke, just passing it on :)

Such sad news. I can't imagine the pain that took them there.

TheRealCallie said:
Serenia said:
Don't bother, your intentions are nice, but it will only embarress them. I am used to it by now. The more times it just makes me sad.

Okay okay, I won't take them to the holiday festival and embarrass them. :p

Lol did you take them and embarrass them? :p

Arachne said:
How did I get so much sap in my hair and what takes it out ?

Try Cisco or some type of shortening. You could also try Dawn or some other grease cutting dish washing soap. Baby oil might also help.

Serenia said:
TheRealCallie said:
Serenia said:

Okay okay, I won't take them to the holiday festival and embarrass them. :p

Lol did you take them and embarrass them? :p

Nope, the little one is sick, so he can't go out, but no worries, there are plenty of opportunities. :D

Latest posts

Back