What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serenia said:
My head hurts just looking at what I have to do today and tonight. I bet I only get three hours sleep again tonight 😔.

Sending warm wishes that you get all the peaceful sleep you need Serenia x

Ah, this is gonna be good. Now I'll finally get a taste of that wonderous thing called (unpaid) overtime. Let's see if we can wrap everything up before the deadline...

Jently said:
Serenia said:
My head hurts just looking at what I have to do today and tonight. I bet I only get three hours sleep again tonight 😔.

Sending warm wishes that you get all the peaceful sleep you need Serenia x

Awww thank you, that is very kind of you, my day got better as I sorted a few niggling problems, well a major one anyway! x

Paraiyar said:
When you talk to girls do you actually flirt with them or just act polite/friendly?

I just try to get to know them and keep the conversations going. I try to be interesting and show that we have something to talk about. I try to talk about things i think we both like. I try to show my curiosity about them. I don't really know how to flirt to be honest. I have never felt like a witty person, and i'm not much of a comedian. I've never been too interested in that. I'll make a joke if I see an opportunity, but i'm not good at making opportunities. I also don't like teasing people much. I've never been good at sexual innuendoes and things like that, and I don't really enjoy that kind of stuff. I've always worried about coming off too strong or "thirsty" and creeping the girl out, or as another typical male only interested in sex. I just like talking about things we like, things I find interesting about them, deep thoughts, and try to build a connection. I try to show that we could enjoy each other's company and have a good time together. I thought that would build up a level of comfort with me first, so that the girls could see that I'm a good guy that they can talk to, before anything else. I don't know what more I can do.

I feel like my problem is self-doubt, a lack of confidence that I am interesting and unique enough to be desirable. This causes me to either complain, talk too much about my problems, get angry or down about myself, or needy, which makes me even more unattractive. I need to tune up my personality and identity, i neglected them for years because I didn't want to draw attention to myself from bullies growing up and because I didn't think I could be good at anything. I agree that attraction for women is much more psychological than simply looks-based, and it's so hard to get it right especially when you didn't learn this at the same age as most people did. But the way things are now, I just don't know if there's much point in learning anymore. It's extremely unlikely the women I found the most attractive, most interesting, easiest to talk to, who could have enhanced my life the most will be single again, and even more unlikely that I will get a second chance. The thing that gets me really mad is that I will have to work just as hard to be interesting, fun, and masculine enough for a girl that I don't want as I would have for one that I actually wanted to get to know and have in my life, so it's not like giving in to my insecurities and not doing the work before really spared me anything. All I did was put it off until later, and now things probably won't be as good as they could have. I want to feel motivated to improve and beat my insecurities but if it doesn't look like I can get what I want, then it hardly feels worth the effort.

I've been thinking about you a lot this last couple of months. I hope that things are well for you. And happy birthday.

TheSkaFish said:
Paraiyar said:
When you talk to girls do you actually flirt with them or just act polite/friendly?

I just try to get to know them and keep the conversations going. I try to be interesting and show that we have something to talk about. I try to talk about things i think we both like. I try to show my curiosity about them. I don't really know how to flirt to be honest. I have never felt like a witty person, and i'm not much of a comedian. I've never been too interested in that. I'll make a joke if I see an opportunity, but i'm not good at making opportunities. I also don't like teasing people much. I've never been good at sexual innuendoes and things like that, and I don't really enjoy that kind of stuff. I've always worried about coming off too strong or "thirsty" and creeping the girl out, or as another typical male only interested in sex. I just like talking about things we like, things I find interesting about them, deep thoughts, and try to build a connection. I try to show that we could enjoy each other's company and have a good time together. I thought that would build up a level of comfort with me first, so that the girls could see that I'm a good guy that they can talk to, before anything else. I don't know what more I can do.

I feel like my problem is self-doubt, a lack of confidence that I am interesting and unique enough to be desirable. This causes me to either complain, talk too much about my problems, get angry or down about myself, or needy, which makes me even more unattractive. I need to tune up my personality and identity, i neglected them for years because I didn't want to draw attention to myself from bullies growing up and because I didn't think I could be good at anything. I agree that attraction for women is much more psychological than simply looks-based, and it's so hard to get it right especially when you didn't learn this at the same age as most people did. But the way things are now, I just don't know if there's much point in learning anymore. It's extremely unlikely the women I found the most attractive, most interesting, easiest to talk to, who could have enhanced my life the most will be single again, and even more unlikely that I will get a second chance. The thing that gets me really mad is that I will have to work just as hard to be interesting, fun, and masculine enough for a girl that I don't want as I would have for one that I actually wanted to get to know and have in my life, so it's not like giving in to my insecurities and not doing the work before really spared me anything. All I did was put it off until later, and now things probably won't be as good as they could have. I want to feel motivated to improve and beat my insecurities but if it doesn't look like I can get what I want, then it hardly feels worth the effort.

Maybe you should just try doing some of those things you don't like, maybe it will go different for you.

Paraiyar said:
Maybe you should just try doing some of those things you don't like, maybe it will go different for you.

Maybe. Whatever I'm doing is getting me anywhere so I have to do something differently. I just don't have the foggiest idea how to flirt though. I don't know how to communicate my interest in someone without coming across as thirsty (even though I pretty much am, since I haven't been on so much as a date), and while expressing that I like them for more than just their looks. I also want to stay friendly, I don't want to turn into another rude, sarcastic, "edgy" guy that acts too cool for school and turns everything into a dominance game. I like getting along with others and making people feel good, because that is how I would like to be treated myself. Maybe I could tease more, I mean, I get it, it's like play-fighting. You aren't teasing them for real. But I just find it hard to see opportunities for that.

Maybe it's because the girls I like are on a higher level than me in terms of abilities, uniqueness, and confidence. I was nervous around them because of this. I think I could catch up if I tried but I have a long way to go.

I mean is flirting simply telling a girl she looks good when she posts a picture of a new haircut or something, or telling her you like her smile or something? I've done that before. Or is it something else? I don't know.

PS - sorry if this is getting tiresome but I really am this clueless.

I wish I could get my confidence to strengthen and sustain. Most days I'm paralyzed by insecurity and I'm tired of it. I have such a hard time believing in my ability to do anything well. Ugh.

Just how much likelihood is there that at least some of these Kracker Wheat will survive until tomorrow

The answer appears to be six...but this could be premature. : )

TheSkaFish said:
Maybe. Whatever I'm doing is getting me anywhere so I have to do something differently. I just don't have the foggiest idea how to flirt though. I don't know how to communicate my interest in someone without coming across as thirsty (even though I pretty much am, since I haven't been on so much as a date), and while expressing that I like them for more than just their looks. I also want to stay friendly, I don't want to turn into another rude, sarcastic, "edgy" guy that acts too cool for school and turns everything into a dominance game. I like getting along with others and making people feel good, because that is how I would like to be treated myself. Maybe I could tease more, I mean, I get it, it's like play-fighting. You aren't teasing them for real. But I just find it hard to see opportunities for that.

I think worrying about all these things is just holding you back. I mean, girls generally like it when a guy is bold about what he wants. Is it really worth missing out on girls just to avoid the possibility of coming across as any of these things?

I'm thinking I should stop procrastinating like a pro and get this UCAS thing done. My motivation has gone completely

Sigh, there is just no way to come to truth and reason without detaching ideas from people. Sometimes it's that 1% of fundamental falsehood or willful ignorance that breaks the camel's back. Nobody can be completely correct all the time and I'd be a fool and idealist to believe otherwise.

Mainly course ground beefburgers with added onion and selected herbs topped with a spicy tomato sauce and served in a seedless floury dough bun...possibly with extra fried onions....and I ain't got none of this...but as God is my witness tomorrow will see this wish fulfillment a reality

What am I thinking right now?

I wish I was 14 again, with friends who had the same interests, and I was able to go out and spend time with people.

I can't get my mind over the fact yesterday I "lost" an external hd.

I am especially fearful of such things happening and so I always keep my belongings in sight. Yet, this time it happened. Who did it? When and where? Good questions.. probably I'll never know.

The only probable place, where my attention wandered for a moment, was the bus. As for the study room, the bag was next to me the whole time and no one got near.

You know what? fresia people..

This system has knocked me sick in the last few months. If only the Elderly were afforded the same treatment and protection as children.

Something I've realised lately. Gaming is a form of distraction for me from the shits. So the more I game, the more I'm actually feeling shitty.
But I guess some people can't really see that difference? I guess I can't blame them for thinking I'm doing more peachy just cos I'm gaming more lol.

That's not the case though.

Sigh.

Latest posts

Back