what are your preps as a forever alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- +800 Hours of retro games. (roughly 5 months at 40 hours a week...which will never happen, and is more than enough time in my downtime away from work)​
- Still have my guitar.​
- Basic at home workout equipment. Nothing crazy expensive, just basics to stay in good health.​
- 10+ Pages of movies on a free streaming site.​
- A couple hundred movies on my portable backup drive.​
- A couple hundred ebooks and audiobooks on my portable backup drive.​
- Still have a couple physical books that I haven't read through, plus a library card.​
And yeah, that's pretty much it.
I just don't really spend my money outside of necessity and keep to minimalism.
I've got enough entertainment backup for backup to last me quite a long time.
I don't have so much that it's problematic, as most of it is digital, and data redundancy isn't particularly expensive.
As hardware advances, older games become cheaper and less demanding, so I get everything gaming-wise on the cheap. Been juggling it that way for about a decade now.
I learned very quickly that socializing and keeping up with pop culture phenomena is quite expensive, so given that I'm introverted that was the easiest thing to cut down on.
Thereafter, gradually as I got older I stopped drinking, smoking weed, and tripping on acid like I did in my 20s.
Proper wealth is really nothing but the multiplicity of necessity anyway, so this is just me kind of doing that on a micro-level.
If I had a wife, a mortgage and kids than this of course would not work, but the fact of the matter is:
I don't have a wife, a mortgage and kids.
So, I'm just using that to my advantage, rather than letting what I don't have disadvantage me.

Make sure I have enough saved up for hookers and booze until I croak.

Exercise regularly for as long as I can to try to fend off maladies that routinely affect the aged.

Keep myself mentally prepared to tell a doctor "no thanks" if I have what I believe is a terminal illness and he suggests treatment.

That's about it.

In that case I guess nothing. I have always been very self sufficient so it has never been an issue. I would worry more about my dog if I were not able to care for her.

Make sure I have enough saved up for hookers and booze until I croak.

Exercise regularly for as long as I can to try to fend off maladies that routinely affect the aged.

Keep myself mentally prepared to tell a doctor "no thanks" if I have what I believe is a terminal illness and he suggests treatment.

That's about it.
I wish I could afford that very smart plan (except booze) ... instead I'm cursed to hope for a miracle relationship

I guess just keep doing what I'm doing? Unless I change many issues with myself, I just stay content and reserved. It's an okay life

Steam collection of retro titles. Crunchyroll subscription. My records. Audiobooks. Good coffee. Dumbbells/bar and plate set.

Latest posts

Back