What brings you here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vng2015

Reaction score
I apologize. I am not really interested in talking about my life in front of The Whole World. I am interested in finding like -- minded conservative telephone friends.

Maybe someone can guide me to resources of which I am not aware. I tried
Rent a Friend, but the search options there are poor.

I don't really think there's any magical place that will find you what you are looking for. You need to get to know people and people need to get to know you because you can know if they are like minded or not.
So I'm not really sure how you expect to find people to talk to you when it doesn't seem like you are willing to give us any information about yourself.

You could always try the diary section, while the forum members will be able to read it, non members won't. You could also try the chat room.

I am a 45 yo man, PhD in Mathematics, mostly unpaid intern. I have Asperger's and Depression. I do not drive. I hate Mathematics.

Despicable Me said:
vng2015 said:
PhD in Mathematics
I hate Mathematics.
Can I ask why you got a PhD in Math if you hate Math?

As for why I'm here, I don't know. I guess I'm just weird like that. ;)

It was not my decision. I depend on my parents.

vng2015 said:
I am a 45 yo man, PhD in Mathematics, mostly unpaid intern. I have Asperger's and Depression. I do not drive. I hate Mathematics.

Okay, so we know your age, your degree and your "labels.". Now tell us about YOU. What are your interests? What are your dreams. WHO are you, not what?

I'm here because it's a habit now. Almost 5 years of daily checking. I don't post as often as most older members though.

Most people think making friends is so easy. My mom thinks it's the easiest thing, but she doesn't put much emotion or effort in her friendships like I have done in the past. Just as an example, kind of like Math...you punch in numbers & then find the answer. No emotional thoughts needed, just an equation that is solved. Making friends, even finding a good mate, are emotional & physical parts of life. You cannot achieve a certificate or degree in this aspect of life. All relationships need to be nurtured & find common ground. It's not so easy to just log onto a website & expect to find friends & your soul mate, I WISH it was that easy! You have to "feel" people out & see what you have in common to establish a friendship or relationship.
For myself, I've had friends that we had no common ground except we made each other laugh or we were old friends who just took different roads in life but wanted to maintain the yrs of friendship. My childhood best friend turned into a goth/mosh pit loving rocker & I joined dance & cheerleading. But we loved our friendship we maintained over the years & kept it going until a few yrs ago.
Be very open and friendly to everyone, maybe you'll find a good friend online or even at work or a neighbor of yours. Be open to any possibilities and all people. You may find a friend in someone you would have never thought you would :0)

So what do you want to talk about? I can't do math at PhD level :D

TheRealCallie said:
What are your interests?

Many of my views are Aggrevated Political Incorrectness -- my conservative views offend many people. I am not going to elaborate any further on this forum. I am really looking for friends.

Finding people to argue is very easy online -- finding a friend is very very difficult.

red guy said:
So what do you want to talk about?

Anything we talk about online is public domain. Anything is the property of our future employers.

vng2015 said:
TheRealCallie said:
What are your interests?

Many of my views are Aggrevated Political Incorrectness -- my conservative views offend many people. I am not going to elaborate any further on this forum. I am really looking for friends.

Finding people to argue is very easy online -- finding a friend is very very difficult.
Well, no offense, but you're only going to find people to argue with when you refuse to actually talk anything about yourself personally. :)

So far we know that you've got a PhD in Math because your parents decided it for you and you're financially dependent on them so you accepted their offer.
And that you really don't like to post anything public but want friends to magically come to you.
Oh, and that you readily accept some arbitrary medical label assigned to you, which could either be diagnosed by a doctor or self-diagnosed, and use that as one of the very few descriptions of yourself. A label of which is often thrown around rather carelessly even by doctors in order to blanket-diagnose a large percentage of people with otherwise unexplained symptoms.

I could actually explain what this suggests about you and your personality and how people will read into these things and not ever want to be your friend, but I don't really want to offend you. Suffice it to say you're going about making friends in all the wrong ways.

If you want friends, you have to talk about yourself a little more. And not just negative or arbitrary comments, either. Talk about your positive qualities. Talk about the things you like to do and your actual interests. Do not talk about things which you are not actually interested in, even if you have a PhD in some of those categories. And if you want to avoid arguments online, avoid posting strong opinions about touchy topics. That one is pretty easy, I think.

vng2015 said:
Anything we talk about online is public domain. Anything is the property of our future employers.
First, if you ever wish to speak to anyone in real-life, guess what? You're probably going to do a lot of that conversing in public. Which means anyone can hear you.
Most people aren't bothered by that. Why are you bothered so much by having basic info in "public domain"?

Second, **** future employers. Nothing is their property. Nothing. And even considering the stupid things employers do sometimes, how would they even track it all back to you? How would they even know your username?

Despicable Me said:
So far we know that you've got a PhD in Math because your parents decided it for you and you're financially dependent on them so you accepted their offer.
And that you really don't like to post anything public but want friends to magically come to you.

I have over 12,000 posts on many forums -- half in English half in Russian. Still no friends.

Despicable Me said:
I could actually explain what this suggests about you and your personality and how people will read into these things and not ever want to be your friend, but I don't really want to offend you. Suffice it to say you're going about making friends in all the wrong ways.

I am sorry.

Despicable Me said:
If you want friends, you have to talk about yourself a little more. And not just negative or arbitrary comments, either. Talk about your positive qualities.

I did on many many forums in two languages.

I can understand your angle. Tried too many times and now it is down to "hey I would like this. Anybody interested?". Spent a lot of effort and it didn't pan out so might as well be blunt about it.
I know the feeling. I am not conservatory that is why I didn't send a PM. I like to challenge everything including myself. Opposites attract they say.
If you wanna give it a try send a PM. Now you say you posted in Russian. Is that your related to your current location? The only reason I bring it up is because of the time difference. It is 7 hours to eastern Europe.... (at least to where I'm from originally)

Latest posts

Back