what did you do today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aisha said:
- Read part of my current book.
- Folded laundry and changed the sheets
- Walked to the beach. Swam for about 2 hours.
- Took a nap for an hour
- Cooked enough to last at least a dozen people a couple of days (egg muffins, curry, chicken shawarmas, grilled tuna, mushroom and bean dip, spicy tomato salsa, several dozen flatbreads, baked pears with cinnamon and honey and coconut ice cream..)
- Translated and reworked a movie synopsis on the request of the director
- Went to pick up the folks from the airport
- Ironed enough clothing for the next 3 weeks
- Drew a henna tattoo for my sister on her forearm
- Just showered for the third time today
Not quite sure how I got through the day since I was already exhausted yesterday and didn't eat from lunch yesterday to a late dinner today. I'm still currently functioning on a total of 5 hours of sleep in the last 48. The shakes set in at about midday. Fortunately things have improved post-meal.

That is awesome. I wouldn't do that in 10 years. The times i tried cooking failed. I can't do anything on that list!

Eternitydreamer said:
That is awesome. I wouldn't do that in 10 years. The times i tried cooking failed. I can't do anything on that list!

It's okay, we all fail at cooking sometimes, and I'm sure you can do the things on the list. :)

Went swimming for 2 hours.
Fed a stray kitten. He followed us home.
Slept since the exhaustion of the past three days finally caught up with me.
Had a 'council meeting'. Family discussion of business-y issues really. Then flopped on my parents' bed, yakked about nothing for a bit and poked fun at my siblings.
Packed and sent off boxes to the storage rooms.
Made adjustments to an English phonics booklet for children.
Went for a run.
Came back and worked out for an hour.
Worked on the writing.
Assembled 150+ books.

Nothing.
I took a personal day and messed off.
I'm an introverted guy with a messed up head and no medication, about to go on tour with extroverts for two weeks who are significantly younger than me.

No pressure! (sarcasm)

I should be preparing, but I'm MORE worried about starting off on the wrong foot, really. So I took the time to rest my body rather than intensely practice again. That's part of the reason I'm getting out of this. I'm getting too old to do it, and I don't have the backing needed to keep doing it.

If you don't take the time to deal with your depression it will completely drain the living ******* fresia out of you if you're not on medication. So it's important that I'm not dead on my feet and mind for motivation by the first show from exhausting myself preparing for the tour.

ladyforsaken said:
Treze said:
Since I work from Sunday to Friday (sometimes Sunday to Sunday, yay), my Sunday was pretty much all work. I just got off work, which is actually located just down stairs. It's 1:16am. Listening to some music to help me get through another forgettable day.

Also hello, first time poster.

What do you do that makes you work so much, and downstairs from where you live too?

And hello, welcome (again, since I already welcomed you in the shoutbox lol) Treze.

In short, I run a bakery with my mom. I like to think I used to live with her, but as the business side of things grow, it's more like she is living with me now. Anyway, it kind of started as a joke. After I graduated from college, I was bored so I started making some bread because I had nothing better to do. At one point she suggested we sell them. Pretty slow at first, but over time things got more "professional" you could say, and since rent is so absurd where I live, at one point we decided to change most of the first floor so it became a bakery, since the house is in a great location already. I considered moving out but I don't see the point when I can save money this way.

I work during the night, generally from 4pm to 2am, or 5 to 3, etc. It's quiet and for the most part I don't have to deal with anybody.

And to be honest, given my complete lack of social skills, I realised during university that I'd never really get a proper job. The only reason I graduated is because it was a Federal university anyway, so I got great education for free.

Also, sorry for the long answer. This is the first time I'm actually being honest about what I do for a living online. It's been years since someone asked me this. Years ago I always came up with some bullshit answer so people would think I'm "better" than I actually am.

Play my guitar
Brush my teeth
Made love to my lady
Laundry
Went to my yoga class
Had a tasty iced coffee
Played a little pool at the local hall
Went to my weekly napkin folding class
Took a nap
Wash my car
Fixed the hole in the wall
Went out for Thai food with my parents and my lady
Got a back massage
Made more love to my lady
Watch a band at the local pub and cold tasty beer
Watch some law and order
Worked on my car model
Read a chapter in my current book
Bed

And you guys say you were busy

Run.
Full day screening camp.
Dinner at a restaurant with a group of relatives.
Tried looking for a home for the stray kitten, who's still with us. We've named him Oreo.
Packing.
Drawing.

Treze said:
ladyforsaken said:
Treze said:
Since I work from Sunday to Friday (sometimes Sunday to Sunday, yay), my Sunday was pretty much all work. I just got off work, which is actually located just down stairs. It's 1:16am. Listening to some music to help me get through another forgettable day.

Also hello, first time poster.

What do you do that makes you work so much, and downstairs from where you live too?

And hello, welcome (again, since I already welcomed you in the shoutbox lol) Treze.

In short, I run a bakery with my mom. I like to think I used to live with her, but as the business side of things grow, it's more like she is living with me now. Anyway, it kind of started as a joke. After I graduated from college, I was bored so I started making some bread because I had nothing better to do. At one point she suggested we sell them. Pretty slow at first, but over time things got more "professional" you could say, and since rent is so absurd where I live, at one point we decided to change most of the first floor so it became a bakery, since the house is in a great location already. I considered moving out but I don't see the point when I can save money this way.

I work during the night, generally from 4pm to 2am, or 5 to 3, etc. It's quiet and for the most part I don't have to deal with anybody.

And to be honest, given my complete lack of social skills, I realised during university that I'd never really get a proper job. The only reason I graduated is because it was a Federal university anyway, so I got great education for free.

Also, sorry for the long answer. This is the first time I'm actually being honest about what I do for a living online. It's been years since someone asked me this. Years ago I always came up with some bullshit answer so people would think I'm "better" than I actually am.

Wow that's so cool that you run your very own bakery downstairs. I've thought about doing the same before but it wasn't anything serious whatsoever.

That's awesome that you've managed to get it running more professionally. I guess that means you have great recipes that have people keep coming back and getting your business to grow, eh?

And don't be sorry with your response, no matter how long it is. It's okay, I would've asked you anyway otherwise. Glad you shared, I think it's awesome what you do, thanks for sharing! :)

As for what I did today:
- chores
- cycling
- Assassin's Creed
- forum

No work on the list (yay).

Played my bass
Brush my teeth
Wash my car
Laughed at my stepson because he went in a first date and his credit card was declined. She had to pay for their date. I'm laughing at his idiot ass all day.
Play basketball with a few friends
Made sweet love to my lady
Went on a helicopter ride with my friend
Had a small cook out
Had my nose hairs professional trimmed
Talk to my mail carrier for over an hour on my patio
Made some homemade copy paper for my work
Counted the toothpicks in the box
Practicing my pencil sharpener skills
Ate some good meatloaf on the grill
Watch the first season of welcome back kotter
Payed my friend who comes over and professional washes our dishes everyday
Read my current book
Bed

Woke up
Brush my teeth
Played my guitar
Showered for 3 hours
Made hot love to my lady
Played tennis
Went to a wheelchair convention
My lady friend giving me a two hour foot rub
Painted a picture
Went to the local pub for a lunch beer and some chicken wings
Did some exercising in my back room of running naked with a running chainsaw
Went to my napkin filing class
Filled my my gas tank
Went to get a pbj sandwich
Made more hot love
Slice up some cheese on my new cheese grater
Shower
Book
Bed

Great great great great day

I tried to do my own eyebrows because I'm poor and can't afford to get them done right now. I kind of messed them up :( So, then I did a full face of makeup to see if I could fix them and I could. I did such a good job but now I'm just sitting here with my makeup looking awesome and no where to go lol

Woke up
Brush my teeth
Made hot sex with my lady
Took my plants on a car ride to get some fresh air
Played on my computer
Took a class on how to chop up wood
Played a few rounds of pool and had some lunch beers
Practice my pencil sharpening skills
Fix the hole in my wall (again)
My lady scratching my back for a good hour
Watch tv
Ate 5 TV dinners
Tossed the football around with some kids down the block and kick their asses!
Watch more tv
Bed

Work and home and family duties. Relaxing for a bit now, before finishing my jobs.

Selling bread and honey at the farmers market is the high point of my week.
I actually feel socially normal doing it. The other vendors seem like kindred spirits.
The buyers, particularly the repeat customers, seem to have some version of "relationship" with me.

Oh wow, I hope all that isn't some kind of wish fulfillment illusion.

Woke up
Brush my teeth
All my stepsons and stepdaughters came by so I cook over 50 pancakes and 3 ibs of bacon.
Rode around in my backyard in my three wheeler
Clean the gutters
Took a helicopter ride with a friend
Went to the champagne warehouse
Bought a brand new $600 grill with a smoker
Bought a whole pig for dinner and a mini elephant
Played a few rounds of bowling
Had a quick beer down the block before dinner
Made the pig and elephant and turn out delicious
Took a 3 hour shower
Made sweet love to my lady
Played with our dogs