What did you dream last night?

• Thread starter daughter of the moon
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was an animal carcass, and they were ravenous birds tearing at my flesh. Except I wasn't dead, but helpless to move. They knew I was alive, but they didn't care; to them I was just a piece of meat.

I was back in my old college dorm looking for my room but the place had been modernized (it's been 40 years....) and rendered really upscale. I was out of place, the other students were really rich and I couldn't find my room. I kept wandering onto floors that were some specialty cliquish type 'private zone', no trespassing. I was more annoyed than intimidated because I thought I was "senior" somehow and should have been dormitory student president or something, but instead it was like I was invisible.

I dreamt I was an actress on The Big Bang Theory and I asked my fellow actors if they had any advice to help me hit it big time. It was as if I thought of it like it was just community theatre or something. lol

I had a horrifying dream the night before.

I had accidentally pulled out the line from my arm, for some reason.. and when I looked at it, I realised what that pinchy feeling was - the stitches pulling off from my skin. Next thing I know, blood gushed out from the line and the exit site and I got so scared I started asking people for help, or to call for help. There were a lot of people around me, I was in some public place. But nobody did.. everyone got up and started running away, looking at my bloody arm disgustingly and leaving me to bleed to death.

I remember feeling so sad and scared, that no one was there or would care enough to be there in my time of need and that I will die alone. I looked down at my arm, and I remember thinking of how this is it, this is my death scene as ugly as it looks. I remember thinking of the people I love and care about then, and how I didn't use what time I had to be there for them enough or to tell them all the things I wanted to.

And then it was nothingness.

ladyforsaken said:
I had a horrifying dream the night before.
Aw *hugs*

I usually can't remember my dreams.
Last night I dreamt I was working in a theme park and was responsible of the roller coaster. Some things happened which I can't remember and then I realized I had made some serious mistake and was going around and screaming lol
Can't remember anything after that. It wasn't a nightmare though.

Again something wonderful, so good it makes me sad, maybe one day will share, but for now.

Lotsa dreams lately o-o

Last night I dreamt I was in one of those cooking programmes on tv. I had to cook. In the end the judges(?) Heavily criticized my every choice and expressed even contempt. Then the dream warped a bit and one started lecturing me about when to use (a nonexistent type of) wine XD

I probably think about food too much XD

Typical, repeat dream scenarios for me: I'm back on the construction job and I've screwed something up because it was a skill I didn't have.

Also: I'm traveling cross country by bus with a lot of loud mouthed tourists and the driver has gotten us lost in a strange city and everyone is hungry and I've found a restaurant but don't want to tell my fellow travelers about it, but they barge in anyway just as I'm ordering dinner.

Also: I'm back in college and I've been cutting classes a lot and I walk into a classroom but it's the day of the exam and I'm late anyway because the other students are leaving, turning in their tests but I KNOW THE SUBJECT MATTER but the professor won't let me take the exam because I'm late and didn't even know it was the exam day. But I knew all the answers!!!!!!

Tonight was a nightmare about being haunted in a house I lived in about 6/7 years ago. It was weird and had to bring in the lady from the original Poltergeist film to get rid of this ghost.

I know I had 2 different sets of dreams last night but I only remember the later one.

Basically, I was supposed to be in line for some... event and my best friend and I was set to meet to go together. I left home and when I was in line, I looked down and I was in my underwear for the bottom half. Apparently that was normal to the people around me at the time, but subconsciously I felt ashamed, so I told my best friend I forgot to put some pants on and that I had to go back home to do so.

Such a weird dream. Who could ever forget to put any clothing on before heading out?!

Edit: So I did a search on what this could mean on Dream Dictionary.

In this case, it says that: To dream that you suddenly discover your nudity and are trying to cover up signifies your vulnerability to a situation.

It also mentioned that dreaming of being naked could mean several things, depending on the situation: vulnerability, fear of exposure, insecurity, feeling unprepared, arrogance, freedom of expression, attention....

In its conclusion, to which is the case for what I experienced in my dream:
Often times, when you realize that you are naked in your dream, no one else seems to notice. Everyone else in the dream is going about their business without giving a second look at your nakedness. It just reiterates that your concerns or anxieties are your own projections; no one will notice except you. You may be magnifying the situation and making an issue out of nothing.

This makes a lot of sense. For what's in store for me on Monday onwards.... I might be feeling a little unprepared, uncertain and insecure.

Interesting.

This wasn't my dream from last night, but it's one of my more recent dreams that stood out to me. It had a lot of Star Wars stuff in it, so if you aren't familiar with the movies it might not make much sense.

Anyway. In the dream, I was a battle droid (those tan, thin droids from the prequel movies that worked for the villainous Trade Federation). But I was here on Earth. Apparently I was part of an invasion force, but there was a glitch and I was activated early. The thing about battle droids is that they are all controlled by a central droid ship, but for some reason I had individuality, I had a mind of my own. I was moving around and I saw all of the other droids which were not turned on yet being lined up in rows awaiting activation. Meanwhile, I met up with some Republic clones (which are the droids' enemy in the films) and somehow convinced them that I had individuality and that I would help them switch off the rest of the droids if they would spare me. However, I knew I was running out of time, and I frantically looked for a way to switch off the control ship's signal because I knew if it were activated, my mind, my personality, my very individuality would be erased and I would be a drone just like the other droids. I would also likely be destroyed because I knew I would be forced to turn against the clones, who had me outmanned and outgunned. And all around town, I saw that people were trying to stay calm and go about their daily lives even though they knew they were about to face a droid invasion. All in all it was a pretty wild dream!

I think I finally worked out why I sleep so badly. I woke up at one point in the night feeling stressed. The dream was simply me just doing what I do everyday that is hard and upsetting. So I am going through things or doing stressful things in the day and then I am reliving them in my dreams at night. I need to do something more relaxing before I go to sleep. I can't keep waking up feeling agitated because of a bloody dream of something I have already felt crappy about. I am pathetic.

Serenia said:
I think I finally worked out why I sleep so badly. I woke up at one point in the night feeling stressed. The dream was simply me just doing what I do everyday that is hard and upsetting. So I am going through things or doing stressful things in the day and then I am reliving them in my dreams at night.

^ I have a similar problem. I have nightmares every night, ever since I was little; probably due to stress. I sleep terribly, and deal with fatigue all day, especially these last 10 years when my stress level has been at its highest. There isn't much that helps me to alleviate it though, that I've yet discovered.

Anyway, I don't think you're pathetic. I hope you find something that helps.

Wow that has been going on long for you. Hmmm there must be a way, but what I don't know. The stress won't necessarily go away for some people. Thanks for the kind words, I just feel so whiney all the time. (((Hugs)))

Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me ( like The Smiths :) )... But I didn't like that feeling in my dream.

Latest posts

Back