What do you do to recharge?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edamame721

Reaction score
Sometimes, I feel drained keeping up my mood and helping lift the mood of others. So, I want to ask, what do you do to recharge and make yourself happy again?

Listen to happy music however cheesy. Dance in my room. Watch an emotionally uplifting movie that has a good message. Like Forrest Gump, Doctor Who episodes, or my fave Finding Nemo...that Dory always makes me smile. :).

And when I am feeling particularly down, I go to the no kill animal shelter and spend time with the dogs. Having 200 dogs greet you like you're the best person in the world is a definite mood booster! :D

I Go fishing . The sound of water "makes me happy like I should be "

Stay away from people, find a quiet place to relax. When I was in high school, it's usually in the library where I can either read or sleep :)

Hey, can someone help me out here? I am wanting to quote/post that Personality Type link that I took recently - the link was in a post. I don't know how to bring the whole post over.

Anyway, 721, there's this really neat personality test you can take. If you are truly honest in your answers, you may find out some useful information about yourself. Good luck!

I found the information very useful. Whoever posted it, thanks!

321 said:
Hey, can someone help me out here? I am wanting to quote/post that Personality Type link that I took recently - the link was in a post. I don't know how to bring the whole post over.

Anyway, 721, there's this really neat personality test you can take. If you are truly honest in your answers, you may find out some useful information about yourself. Good luck!

Is it my thread?

Surcruxum said:
321 said:

Is it my thread?

Ha! Yes! I had to check again - but yours is the one.

Thanks! :)

edamame721 said:
Sometimes, I feel drained keeping up my mood and helping lift the mood of others. So, I want to ask, what do you do to recharge and make yourself happy again?

Oh yeah. I totally get you and understand. I wonder how to do this too at times. It can get quite exhausting. I work with so many people during the day and I just have to be professional and "normal" it's just not really me..

Play some games to distract myself... or if I'm really not in the mood for that, I'd just watch something funny (The Ellen Show always makes me laugh, no matter how bad I've felt) or just go to sleep.

Lying down on my bed and an episode of The Gilmore Girls does it for me :).

Also I have learned meditation over the last 6 months and it really helps. 15 mins quiet meditating can do wonders for energy levels.

Latest posts

Back