What Do You Hate About The World?(Seriously)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hate the fact that i have to deal with the world over and over and over again. people after people after people. you might take some action with the best intention but some *******(s) could come and ruin it for you.

its like if i'm at a bar and i'm just sitting there enjoying my beer. some ******* will play terrible music on his mobile phone. or some idiot would want to strike up a conversation when all i want is to be left alone. this unending handling and staving off of outside forces gets to me at times. you start to wonder - does it ever end?

SophiaGrace said:
The cruelty I have seen on the internet.

An awful 'man' in the UK was convicted last week of internet trolling. A young girl committed suicide and her family set up a tribute page, I think on Facebook, and this individual left some appalling and terribly upsetting messages, mocking her death and causing more grief to her already grieving family and friends. He had done that to lots of other people too. What kind of person gets pleasure in this way? He was described as evil by the judge and sent to jail - where he deserves to be.

I also despise greedy businesses who squeeze everyday people out of every penny they have so they cannot even enjoy a basic lifestyle. i.e. Energy companies who put up their tariffs just before winter causing vulnerable old people to freeze and even die in their homes because they cannot afford the bills.

Another bugbear is inequality in any form whether social, racial, sexual, size-ist (I'm not sure that's a real word but I'm sure you get what I mean) etc.

I hate everything I learned about the financial system and government from watching The Inside Job.

Sophaloaf said:
Limlim said:
I hate contemporary society. Instead I'd rather we live in some awesome kickass cyberpunk world where we can be cool honeysuckle like.... cyborg ninjas or... cyborg accountants for those who like accounting.

Comtemporary society is too boring?

yes! A steampunk world would be pretty **** cool as well. One where you could fly around in a dirigible made entirely out of brass and wood while heading towards your swanky Victorian tea party where those **** confederate scum will attack with their steam engine powered giant spiders. Alternatively, you could be like... a tax attorney wearing steampunk attire... for those who enjoy tax law.

Limlim said:
Sophaloaf said:
Limlim said:
I hate contemporary society. Instead I'd rather we live in some awesome kickass cyberpunk world where we can be cool honeysuckle like.... cyborg ninjas or... cyborg accountants for those who like accounting.

Comtemporary society is too boring?

yes! A steampunk world would be pretty **** cool as well. One where you could fly around in a dirigible made entirely out of brass and wood while heading towards your swanky Victorian tea party where those **** confederate scum will attack with their steam engine powered giant spiders. Alternatively, you could be like... a tax attorney wearing steampunk attire... for those who enjoy tax law.

You make me want to change my forum name to Sophaloaf. :)

that's it i am running away to live in your world. :)

I dislike any "ism" I dislike war, suffering, hate, hunger, poverty, abuse and drivers who don't use their turn signals.

There's not all that much about this world that I DO like actually. (scratch that, I don't necessarily mean world, rather society. The "world" is not to blame for any of this - humanity is)

I guess I have two main concerns:
Global destruction, a large-scale problem.
And on a smaller scale (yet present across the entire globe) - social problems

I'll try to keep this as short and condensed as possible :
Global destruction: We, as humanity, are starting to multiply as if we're some kind of ******* plague. A disease. Yes, I am copying lines from The Matrix. Why? Because it's true. We breed like there's no tomorrow, without ANY regard for the consequences. We pilfer literally all resources of the planet, and yet we try to live in blissful ignorance of the facts - soon we're going to be OUT of resources, and all we'll have is a gigantic heap of trash, which we didn't bother to recycle. I just pray we won't have invented spacetravel to the extent that we could reach another planet, because then we'd not only destroy earth, but probably the rest of the universe as well. What's worse - this global destruction of resources is not something you can avoid. In everyday life, you destroy. Simple as that. All of the packaging you throw away from food (which is a ridiculous amount btw) is something you cannot avoid - heck, if you just try to SURVIVE in this society, you'll consume/destroy more than you'll ever notice. So basically by being alive we are being forced to waste precious resources, while we live in an egotist society that doesn't give a fresia about the future, and you participate in it, whether you're aware of it or not. Oh, and awareness of this is just alarmingly low, and nobody gives a flying fresia about improving that, because it would mean we would have to live less comfortable lives, in order to preserve the planet we're living on.

And then there's the social aspect. My god, where the hell did we go wrong ? :S We've apparently created some sort of abomination of a society where it's like a complete ******* lottery whether you are succesful or not. We are indoctrinated by nearly every media source on the planet, telling you how to think, act, behave, even look, speak, eat, and when we're not paying attention, it's even telling us how to take a honeysuckle. It's survival of the shittiest, in order to become succesful, you'll have to abuse other people, it's as simple as that. ******* hell, as long as you're able to do even THAT, you could practically survive without ever having to even lift a finger -.- (Man-eaters, I salute you..)
Divisions in "how much a person is worth" are made from the moment we're able to speak. There's millions of different kinds of people in the world, and yet only those who are brave enough, healthy enough, or are just complete jackasses, will have a good social position. Take this forum for example - filled with people with good intent, yet who inhabit a bad social position just because some of us are perhaps shy, insecure, etc. That doesn't make any goddamn sense.
All people have needs - human warmth, love, and yes..dare I say it? Sex. Without that, life isn't complete, yet there's millions of people on the planet who simply don't have access to ANY of that. And all of this is simply brushed away by the people who somehow DO have access to all of this, by merely saying "It's not that hard is it? You just go to a club, and meet a shitload of people, then you just have sex with them, and voila". Doesn't work that way. Not for everybody, at least.
And what makes this all worse, is how terribly "inappropriate" it is deemed to converse with people you don't know. Asking something out of curiosity already borders on "creepy" , and anything that goes beyond that would be considered illegal I guess? Sometimes when I'm on the train, I'd really just like to say "holy honeysuckle, you have the most beautiful eyes I've seen in ages" , but that would most likely have me end up in a holding cell, or with a restraining order. (Although personally I'd really like for any random stranger to just come up to me and start a conversation :p )

We have to meet so much requirements in order to be eligible for any of the aforementioned things, and even when you DO meet all of the requirements, it's still a lottery.

I could go on for a while, but I believe this is enough reading material to fill anyone's afternoon. ;) My apologies for the profanity, this stuff gets on my nerves.

Todd said:
I dislike any "ism" I dislike war, suffering, hate, hunger, poverty, abuse and drivers who don't use their turn signals.

I resemble that remark...

Vagrant Legacy said:

I could go on for a while, but I believe this is enough reading material to fill anyone's afternoon. ;) My apologies for the profanity, this stuff gets on my nerves.

Don't apologize. And I agree with all you said.

It's interesting, I think, that so many on this board recognize reality in the world. Don't you? Are we the people who are awake and can see reality while the rest of the world sleeps? We're aware but we're the minority, so what the hell can we do? It's like living in a world of zombies!

This is the question that haunts all my days.

I hate hate
and I don't like all this talk of money, it's all people talk about these days or about how much this person or that person is earning and who cares?
as long as they can pay the rent, buy food who cares?

I don't think I really hate anything about the world. Everything I see that's wrong has something to do with the people that are in it.

I guess my biggest gripes are intolerance and a general lack of understanding or compassion. It seems like most of our major problems are rooted there.

It might seem obvious, but many still don't get it. I suppose it's understandable considering the majority of people made famous for pointing it out were either imprisoned, shot or nailed to pieces of wood. We don't exactly have a history of giving anyone very long to elaborate on the subject before stringing them up.

I hate the fact that there is a whole universe out there waiting to be discovered and fundamental questions waiting to be answered and that because the human race is preoccupied with religion and the spending of vast amounts of money on bombing each other to death, these will be unavailable to me in my life time.

That and the distribution of wealth in this world. There is enough resource for everyone to be comfortable yet Billions are born into poverty and starvation and childhood death. Why has there not been a single cohesive cross government policy to develop the majority of Africa?

And climate change denial. Oh that will do for one day!

..Edit oh yeah, fox hunting and capital punishment. Ok I'm done. :)

blackdot said:
People in general.
Without people, the rest of nature would have a chance to survive.

Without people, many threatened species would be hunted off by predators or die out from environmental distortion, and become extinct.

Latest posts

Back