What do you see?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chrism

View attachment 5

Hi all,

I don't sketch, draw, paint much, though at one point in my life, I was sure I wanted to be an artist. Maybe because it sounded cool to me. Right now I don't think I'll ever be worthy of being one.

This is a watercolor painting I did months ago, took a picture (explains the low quality), and edited the colors a little. Somehow when I look at this picture, even if it wasn't a self portrait ( I don't look like this at all), it reminds me so much of how I see myself.

I would just like to know what do you see in this picture? That would be appreciated.

And you can be brutally honest, I'd like that. thanks :)

Attachments

• babaje.jpg
    babaje.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 60
I see a lady who is partially staring into the camera while it seems she's also trying to look forward.

It looks really good to me.

thanks. :)

Punisher said:
Cool pic :) and I'm glad you don't look like that :p

haha. thanks. I was aiming for exaggeration.. but yeah it would be bad if I look like that, I think. :D

Can't tell if it is unhappy or contemplative or both.

Darn nice painting. :)

I was expecting to see an inkblot :p I like your style. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work Chris :)

mintymint said:
I was expecting to see an inkblot :p I like your style. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work Chris :)

haha, thanks. I haven't done any recent one though, this was an old drawing. but I'm sure not neglecting sketching or painting. Thanks again :)

hmmm... well to me, the expression seems to be a wary one. you know, like someone who wants to trust but at the same time, is extremely guarded and contemplating whether or not that is the right thing to do.

maybe i'm reading into the expression too much, but that's what i see! ^^

i really like what you've done here! looking forward to more :)

cheers!
mimi low

Latest posts

Back