What do you think about suicide?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, death *is* inescapable, but I don't see how saying this is helping lonelyfairy.

Technically, death could be escapable. Also, not all living things die iirc.

LF, you are so young, you only just turned 18. There's so much in life you can still see, explore, do... Why would you give up on all that?

I know people can feel really bad, sad or depressed. Feel as if only themselves can truly understand their pain and that there's no way out. Believe me, I've felt the same thing! However, imagine those people who want to live so badly but can't because they're terminally ill. Isn't it a shame that you'd end your young life, that can still turn into sooooo much, while they would do anything just to be in your place?

Hold on LF, believe in the future and the possibility of things getting better. You're too good and too young to die.

SophiaGrace said:
Uh, death *is* inescapable, but I don't see how saying this is helping lonelyfairy.

Yeah... :/

Peter Lorre said:
Technically, death could be escapable. Also, not all living things die iirc.

LF, you are so young, you only just turned 18. There's so much in life you can still see, explore, do... Why would you give up on all that?

I know people can feel really bad, sad or depressed. Feel as if only themselves can truly understand their pain and that there's no way out. Believe me, I've felt the same thing! However, imagine those people who want to live so badly but can't because they're terminally ill. Isn't it a shame that you'd end your young life, that can still turn into sooooo much, while they would do anything just to be in your place?

Hold on LF, believe in the future and the possibility of things getting better. You're too good and too young to die.

I know that I am very young, but my life has been very hard and it's not going any easier... :(

And it's true that maybe someone would like to be in my place... But this loneliness is so hard and I know that my mother needs me very much but it's so hard to see that she is suffering. ;(

Thank you....

SophiaGrace said:

Thanks for the back up and you're totally right its completely against what lonelyfairy was talking about and I didn't want to hijack her thread with it when she clearly needed some support. As I said the only reason I replied was because it came off as a jokey comment which also seemed unfair to lonelyfairy

My thoughts about suicide in general, I don't think a person killing him/herself matters, it doesn't matter, people die, and I don't feel higher or less about people that decided to take this route, I don't know them, I don't know what they've been suffering (to some certain extent I do), I don't think it's wrong, but I still think it's a tragedy if it happens, because my opinion is that we're suppose to enjoy life or wants to live by instinct, if we can't do that, then something is wrong, I also think there's a solution to everything, we just don't know what it is.

For me, personally and in my situation, it's the coward's way out, I'm not talking about others, I'm talking about myself, what I mean is that if I'm to kill myself, it would be because I personally want an easy way out, it is true in my case, and the reason I really can't do it, because I think being alive is probably the least I could do for my family, but I still have thoughts about that one day I'll just off myself.

I really kind of thought less about it as I age more, I don't like putting myself into the debate of "why should we live or why we just can't kill ourselves", better to put those brain power to think of things worth living for, if there's nothing, oh well, what could we do.

I have known 4 people who committed suicide and I have wanted to do so many times myself.

To me though, suicide is not an escape: it may be an escape from worldy things (which to me would be great, because I severly dislike 'The Material World'), but it is not an escape from emotional pain and torture - that you drag with you into the realm you go into. Nothing stops. You are alone in a black void sobbing and weeping and that's your lot.

When people die that's that. No more laughing, no more crying, no more thinking, no more you, no more existing as a sentient being.

You're gone. Completely.

I beg to differ, Sophia. We don't all believe the same things and that's our right but none of us know for a fact what the truth is.

To me personally, I've had a few experiences with decease people close to me, so I know they're out there still working through their hurt in death. That's all I'm going to say.

thalassa said:
I beg to differ, Sophia. We don't all believe the same things and that's our right but none of us know for a fact what the truth is.

All anyone has to do is look for proof after death, there is none.

Believe me, I wish there were, but there isn't

There's also no proof that souls exist.

This proof thing only extends to this world, the world of materials and things.

Einstein was a great scientist, but he also believed there was more than we could explain through formulas (that's why I love that guy so much).

Everyone can believe what they like, but I'd still give you a welcoming wink in the hereafter when we both finally die.

its hard to argue about something you cant know, but believe in.
quite pointless as wel, it could go on forever or till you die at least.

as for suicide i dont think its right or wrong.
i do think that by the time you feel like its the onely solution, your not really in any state to make that kind of dicision.
and as long as youre alive things can change and prob will.
(with ecceptions ofc, but thats not the kind were talking about here.)

i know/knew a girl that isnt here anymore.
and im verry happy for her that she doesnt have to "suffer" anymore.
but also verry sad that it had to be like that.
i hope shes better of now, but i dont know really.
dont think anyone can tell you, nobody knows, no mather what they believe.

just dont give up yet, you have so much time left for things to change.
who knows what you might miss if you stop living now.

Suicide is for the weak. End Of Story. There is no such thing as MY life is too 'unbearable' to live. Come on, everybody's life is too unbearable to live. What do you expect? That's just the way life is. And it's not a reason to just end one's existence. It's not a reason to die because things went wrong in one's life. Gotta be brave at those moments. Gotta show the world that you are a fighter. Fighting for all what you want to get even if it's hard. And if you have no reason to live, find one. There's something called hope. As desperate as it is for some, it's still hope. and if you keep hoping, you will be strong enough to endure anything.
I wont lie to you, sometimes death seems so appealing, yeah. Wont go slice wrists and think that I'm better off that way tho.
Death can wait. Life doesnt.

SophiaGrace said:
thalassa said:

All anyone has to do is look for proof after death, there is none.

Believe me, I wish there were, but there isn't

There's also no proof that souls exist.

Having no proof does not equate that there's no soul/heaven/God. It just means, we don't know for a fact if heaven or souls or God exist, thus, we are free to believe in whatever we want.

As for suicide, I think it'll only cause more pain than freedom. It's true one has the right to do what they want with their body, but no parents deserve to lose their daughter/son to suicide, no friends deserve that either. So our lives whether ours, we still live by for those around us. We can also live for ourselves, but think about it, when you kill yourself, you steal yourself the chance to fight and the chance to succeed and you seal your fate of being a coward and a quitter forever.

Lonelyfairy, I admire that you decided to ask people's opinions about this very touchy topic. Although this is a forum that doesn't condone suicide, suicide is a sad thing and also a societal problem we on ALL, being lonely, are most susceptible of doing and sometimes we do need to talk about it. whenever you have thoughts like this again, talk to someone, either online or real life friends. I am sure that plenty of people here are willing to help and some who could also relate.

I am not the best person to converse with, but I'd talk to you when you need someone to talk to.

*hugs*

Liley said:

+1. I agree

My thoughts on suicide are NOT TO TRY IT...If you don't succeed, you may end up with physical disabilities that are far worse than your life is now. If you do succeed you will cause such heartache in everyone that loves you--and if you say no one does, that is hard to believe.

Being a Christian is my first reason for not ever trying it AGAIN. I had many attempts when I was younger, and they all failed. God wants me here for a reason, since he spared me. They were serious attempts. I never mentioned a word to anyone when I was trying to do it.

Today, I believe, I will go to Hell if I committed suicide and that it is very selfish and will devastate the few people that are in my life.

I am not thrilled with my life right now, but I push myself to keep on keepin' on. I don't know what the answer is to making my life happy right now, but I know it is not to bail out and kill myself. Who knows what the future holds for me? I am curious as to what will happen next!

Liley said:
Suicide is for the weak. End Of Story. There is no such thing as MY life is too 'unbearable' to live. Come on, everybody's life is too unbearable to live. What do you expect? That's just the way life is. And it's not a reason to just end one's existence. It's not a reason to die because things went wrong in one's life. Gotta be brave at those moments. Gotta show the world that you are a fighter. Fighting for all what you want to get even if it's hard. And if you have no reason to live, find one. There's something called hope. As desperate as it is for some, it's still hope. and if you keep hoping, you will be strong enough to endure anything.
I wont lie to you, sometimes death seems so appealing, yeah. Wont go slice wrists and think that I'm better off that way tho.

I am weak and sometimes I just can't be brave! I am human too! :(

floffyschneeman said:
Lonelyfairy, I admire that you decided to ask people's opinions about this very touchy topic. Although this is a forum that doesn't condone suicide, suicide is a sad thing and also a societal problem we on ALL, being lonely, are most susceptible of doing and sometimes we do need to talk about it. whenever you have thoughts like this again, talk to someone, either online or real life friends. I am sure that plenty of people here are willing to help and some who could also relate.

I am not the best person to converse with, but I'd talk to you when you need someone to talk to.

*hugs*

I am just very curious what people think about suicide... :(

I know that talking helps...

Thank you.

WishingWell said:
My thoughts on suicide are NOT TO TRY IT...If you don't succeed, you may end up with physical disabilities that are far worse than your life is now. If you do succeed you will cause such heartache in everyone that loves you--and if you say no one does, that is hard to believe.

I know. It's a huge risk...

You are weak? That's an excuse. Everyone got strength in them... Hidden somewhere.

Latest posts

Back