What documentary are you watching?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
graphic.jpg

...Joyce Carol Vincent, died from causes unknown shortly before Christmas 2003. Her body was not discovered until January 2007 when bailiffs acting on behalf of a housing association arrived at her flat with a repossession order as her rent had not been paid for 3 years. Questions were asked by her local MP, Lynne Featherstone (who appears in the film), as to how it was possible that her death had been unnoticed by anyone during the three-year period. The unusual and poignant nature of Joyce's demise led the film maker, Carol Morley, to begin investigating who Joyce had been and how she had been so abandoned in death. The film is the result of her efforts to piece together Joyce Carol Vincent. (IMDB PoppyTransfusion)
I always wonder how the bills are getting paid, and if they're not, how the services are still running.

I always wonder how the bills are getting paid, and if they're not, how the services are still running.
As I recall she had some income automatically deposited in an account and utilities automatically paid from it. Something like that. It has been awhile.

"Half of her rent was being automatically paid to Metropolitan Housing Trust by benefits agencies, leading officials to believe that she was still alive. ... The television and heating were still running due to debt forgiveness and her bills being continually paid through automatic debit."

They eventually went to repossess the property due to the unpaid portion of the rent building up too high and that is when they found her.

I remember watching the documentary about Joyce Vincent a long time ago. It has always stuck with me. Joyce seemed like a lovely, popular woman, but it wasn't unusual for her friends to not see her for months or years at a time, I guess that's why no one noticed she had passed. It's a very sad story.

I recently watched 'Can I Tell You A Secret?' on Netflix it was about a cyber stalker, the story could have been told in one episode rather than two, but it was alright, I guess.

I will have to see if I can get around to that one. Watching the Joyce Vincent one again may be worthwhile also.

graphic.jpg

Against the Grain

"Examines how genre film focused home video companies have taken the charge in preserving,
restoring, and releasing so many works which otherwise might have been lost to time.
"

Someone has to keep me supplied with killer chickens from outer space movies.

Latest posts

Back