What is loneliness to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
being the only single gal in a sea of couples at most parties
seeing Facebook pictures of happy families for xmas, and thank god that I am not the jealous type

Loneliness to me is understanding that industrial civilization has used up all of the natural resources of the planet, that we are at peak and going to collapse, and people still think that where they went for vacation and what their kids are doing at school is the most important thing in the world and that we are all going to live forever in a utopia of abundance provided by the all-knowing American Federal Reserve bank.

That to me is loneliness.

lonelydoc said:
Loneliness to me is understanding that industrial civilization has used up all of the natural resources of the planet, that we are at peak and going to collapse, and people still think that where they went for vacation and what their kids are doing at school is the most important thing in the world and that we are all going to live forever in a utopia of abundance provided by the all-knowing American Federal Reserve bank.

That to me is loneliness.

You summed up what I feel as well, only it applies to Europe as well, now I'm just sitting comfortably in my chair, popcorn and coke in hand, waiting to see it all fall down. I'm tired of people thinking that the biggest thing wrong with their lives is that they picked the wrong star to decorate the christmas tree or something -.-

Picture-62.png

SophiaGrace said:
Ready, set, go.

Being unable to connect to people and feeling like i dont exist, being ignored, made to feel like my opinions, thoughts, values, dont matter. I always have that thing of feeling most alone in a crowd, because each person whod otherwise in a perfect world be a point of light, are instead torrents of darkness racing to devour whats left of my own light.

I love people i just dont understand them.

shadetree said:
SophiaGrace said:
Ready, set, go.

Being unable to connect to people and feeling like i dont exist, being ignored, made to feel like my opinions, thoughts, values, dont matter. I always have that thing of feeling most alone in a crowd, because each person whod otherwise in a perfect world be a point of light, are instead torrents of darkness racing to devour whats left of my own light.

This is exactly how I feel.

No choice but to sit on the sidelines and watch as other people enjoy deep connections and family, while fingers are pointed at me telling me I'm selfish, unpleasant, and negative, and chose this for myself whenever I dare to open my mouth on the subject - a complete reversal from what people say when I pretend I'm not lonely.

Endless hours of work and no one to celebrate the end of it with. There are no friends to treat to a meal out or a few drinks if I were to come by some extra spending money in my work.

Going a week without using my voice except with cashiers. Waking up, spending the day alone, and going to bed alone with the expectation that it will be the same tomorrow.

Watching people who lie, cheat, and steal enjoying life's good things with very little criticism, less in fact than what those who are depressed and complain might receive. Seeing the Just World fallacy at work.

Endlessly tearing myself apart looking for something left to fix that isn't simply who I am. Viewing myself alternately as a project, a mistake, or just an anomaly people wish didn't exist because I challenge their worldviews.

Seeing what looks like progress get fewer results, and finding that even though I grow less confrontational and selfish with age my success cases are fewer and further between, not more common.

Having love to give and no one who wants to receive it who isn't looking for money, sex, or someone to rag to for two hours every day. Giving it to a pillow or a video game character instead, or just throwing my change in a tip jar and hoping that in this instance money can somehow equate to love.

Holding my own emotionally while others have those they're certain they can fall back on, and feeling weaker and weaker like a starving animal separated from the pack.

Not being comfortable trusting even scant online company to be genuine when they don't have to see or talk to me. Having the possible illusion of care, even from a distance, dangled in front of me on a regular basis just begging me to care when there's a fair chance that their reaction to me IRL would be the same as those who've left.

Surviving this way day after day until my eventual and merciful death probably quite late in life, because both my parents are quite active in their 60's. Unless I inherit my mother's heart issues and have worse luck with them or significantly less money for treatment.

Being at work the day after x-mas. And your the only one covering for everyone else. Year after year.

LonelyDoc & Seeker hit a nail on the head....the world economy and the biosphere are gravely, maybe terminally, ill. Our social loneliness is actually fairly trivial.

OK, doesn't that make us feel better now?

Sad feeling when I realise that actually- nobody cares.
Returning from work in a house that dark empty and cold. Have to find a solution for it. :)
And warm food is served only in restaurant.

SophiaGrace said:
Loneliness for me is a feeling of emptiness I have inside of myself. It is a constant feeling of emptiness. Of something missing. Of being incomplete. Unsatisfied, unwhole. And, I keep trying to find that person that'll fill the void inside of me. So far it hasn't worked, but I keep looking...

Being not paid attention to. Being made to feel as if I were nothing.

I agree with this and i would like to add: when i feel that all the responsabilities are mine (the pets, the house......) I love my pets with all my heart but i didnt adopt them to be alone, I adopt them to be a family.

That feeling I get when I come home to a weekend that I will spend alone. The feeling that nobody is there except for me. The feeling that I have no one to share my life with at all. Emptiness. It feels like emptiness.

Like I have nothing to really look forward to. Like there are no positive emotions. No one to talk to. No one who understands. No one to share my thoughts and feelings with. Just utterly alone. No one to go on adventures with. No one to grow with. No one to share all the experiences that life has to offer with.

It's horrible. Its an absolutely horrible emotion. It's torture.

My life has a lack of intimate connection. I can only show so much of my hand to my co-workers. I can't show anyone who I really am. I can't be loved for who I am. I can't be accepted for who I am by anyone else, because there is no one else.

It feels like a part of me is utterly empty and void.

what? loneliness? ahhh i don't know what it is? because my mom never had teached me about sadness or loneliness i only know how to feel ok and give smile even im broken.

Hey maybe it will improve....you have a dementor....I have a acquired an isolation monkey pretty sure their are a number of variations on the same theme...feeding these parasites is one of the main problems.

Loneliness...I feel lonely when I can't speak what is in mind, I feel lonely when I remember my last few friends, I feel lonely late in the night when all voices go down except which is in head, I feel only when I think how people betrayed me for their own gain, I feel lonely when I write the stories of mylife in a piece of paper and burn it later. There are so many things that make me feel lonely but the extremely loneliness comes from ignorance by ignorance, when you say something and they don't have a single moment to listen to it.

Loneliness to me is isolation. I can't be the only one this isolated... A truly isolated individuals life is rocky. Like MJ or often myself...

Having nobody to talk to and realising in some moments there is no way of talking to anyone like being alone home in my room.

Going through life without a significant other. I want to get into regularly dating people and finding someone, but modern dating is a bloody hell hole. I think its a measure of loneliness, we all just want to be held and wanted.

Loneliness is when the one doesn't have any special ''deeper'' connections with anyone. It's like you're alone by yourself in this huge universe, just being here for a tiny amount of time and then leaving without anyone remembering you... Like you're meaningless and just air, basically.

Loneliness to me ...

When I wake up and have no messages on my phone, or when, during holidays, or any day really, I notice no one talks to me, no one asks me how I am doing, or asks me anything for that matter. If I don't start a conversation, people just don't notice me. I hate it, it happens all the time, it worsens my depression, it makes me paranoid. Loneliness is also the moment when I realise that when I die, besides my blood family and maybe one or two other people on the world, no one would notice or care I'm gone. Loneliness is the feeling of not mattering to anyone, a feeling I have more often than not.

Latest posts

Back