What is the meaning of life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Jr.

Reaction score
Honestly the most asked question in history. I love this question because I can answer it. And it doesn't matter if you're religious or not or even what religion you believe in because the answer is the same no matter what.

But first I have to define the question in more specific terms.
What is the meaning of life? As in what is the purpose of life existing? All Life, not specifically my own, but the meaning of all living things?

Simple, to strengthen all other life around it. Living things make other living things better or they parish, making room for something stronger.

I'm reminded of two species, a newt and a snake. The snake eats the newt so the newt develops a poison to which the snake develops a resistance to, to which the newt develops a stronger poison and so on. This happens because the newts with the strongest poison in each generation are the most likely to survive and breed, and so on so each generation has a stronger poison. Similarly the snakes with the strongest resistance to the poison are the most likely to survive and breed so each generation has a stronger resistance.

All of nature does this spanning all walks of life.

What is the meaning of my life then? ..... just as easy. Whatever you want it to be. Some people are happy just existing and rarely think about it. Others strive to have purpose and value. To someone of that nature that could mean anything from building Habitats for Humanity to making music bringing joy to millions to bringing joy only to yourself and those you love. You're purpose is whatever you want it to be.

So now that you know the answer to THE question, you can stop asking and decide your role in the grand scheme of things. Tell someone else, don't, it's doesn't really matter. What matters is that you think for yourself and make up your own mind.

I think the meaning of life is to live it to the fullest. No matter what that is to someone. We're all different, and we're all meant to go down different paths in life. What's the fullest life to me, is different for others. People need to appreciate what life gives them, what it throws at them, and take it gracefully. A few years ago, I would have never thought that I'd be in the spot I'm at now, but you know, I wouldn't trade it in for any other life in the world, better or worse. This is just the path I'm supposed to go down, and if it's meant to be different, then it will take a different turn later on. It might not be what you want, but it's exactly what you need.

The meaning of LIFE:

"M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."

I really like this question. It puzzles me, not because I can't find an answer but because I can find so many different ones. Which is the ultimate truth? That's basically what my life is about at this point - searching and trying to understand, gathering knowledge, experience and hopefully attaining wisdom and enligthenment in the process. It's not tiring nor bothersome, it's exciting and I find purpose in it.

mintymint said:
There's no inherent meaning to our existence. You ask your own questions, you find your own answers. It's as profound or meaningless as you choose to make it.

Pasted from the other meaning of life thread :p

The meaning of life is what meaning each indiviual gives to him/herself.
We live in accordance to our beliefs....whatever it may be.
Life is impartial. It's neatural.
Just like gravity. It is what it is...Gravity dosn't give a fresia if you're a good person, bad person,
green, pink, purple, what religion, creed, sex..ect.
If don't understand the law or principles of gravity....it'll kill ya.
You can use gravity to work for you or against you.

No one got my Monty Python joke.
other_awesomenessShiftyEyes.gif

Was it Tolstoy or Doystoyevski sp? who said "I want to be there when everyone knows what it's all been for?"

Sorry Boss I haven't answered the question either:>)

I have :) .

I like my answer, it actually makes sense and I find security in that.

mintymint said:
There's no inherent meaning to our existence. You ask your own questions, you find your own answers. It's as profound or meaningless as you choose to make it.

Someone will feel compelled to try to convince you of theirs anyway.

Minus said:
mintymint said:

Someone will feel compelled to try to convince you of theirs anyway.

I can appreciate a thoughtful discussion, but I don't go any further on a first date.

lol! nice BJD. that would be the best way to go, imo, :)

and nice thewickedone!!! 42 it is ;)

personally, I think the meaning of life is to attain religious salvation for the metaphysical soul, by any means necessary.

by. any. means. necessary.

frown.bmp

meaning of life.

lol.

to blossom into a spiritual being capable of withstanding the test of time without tearing yourself apart in the vast emptiness.

maybe...idk

Meaning of Life:

Acquire as much EXP as possible!

Only choose warrior path!

Level up!

P.S. in retrospect, this joke has been done to death. Ignore at own leisure.

the meaning of life is to procreate and keep the bloodline going. Simple as that. It's the same for every other animal on the planet, why not for humans? Anything else outside of that isn't 'the meaning of life', it's giving life meaning.

I'd say it's rather high and mighty to think that our lives are more important and/or meaningful than other lives just because it's more complicated than say... a bear's life.

But how procreate can be the meaning of life? What is the point to bring more lives to the earth if in the end, each one is going to die? If bringing more lives is the meaning of life, why is it the meaning of life that? What is its purpose?

Nyu001 said:
But how procreate can be the meaning of life? What is the point to bring more lives to the earth if in the end, each one is going to die? If bringing more lives is the meaning of life, why is it the meaning of life that? What is its purpose?

Maybe the point is that we are no more special than the bears or fungi.

Life IS birth, growth and death, an unending cycle until the universe implodes.

Latest posts

Back