What is the nicest thing anyone ever did for you ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeysocks

Reaction score
What is the nicest thing anyone ever did for you ?

Something that really touched you or they went out of their way

Someone wrote me a song, recorded it and gave me it on a CD when I was really down.

^^ aww, that's cool =)
I did that for a friend once too ;)

the only thing that comes to mind atm for me would be.. hmmm
maybe when a friend made an add-on for an online game and immortalized me in it with armour sets, weapons and spells with my name on it and turned me into a god in the game lol.
they even made one spell that would cast multiple clones of myself to fight for me lol.
it may sound like a petty thing, but it actually took a month worth of hard work many hours a day to complete.
:)

This thread scared me. For a second my eyes saw, "what is the incest thing that anyone has ever done to you?"

So...yeah. My bad.

Although I suppose the nicest thing that someone has done for me... I know! My sister bought me a songbird Ocarina, which is an exact replica of the Ocarina Of Time in Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time.

The best part? It was a real, playable, musical instrument. :D

The first thing that comes to my mind was when someone returned my wallet I forgot on a counter at the bank. It had money in it, I think about $50.00, and ID's and credit cards. I offered to pay the man back but he refused to accept it.

Funny thing is...

Months before I found a wallet with ca$h on a bus when I was working as a transfer guide. I returned it of course.
Maybe someone "up there" was watching all along...

Thanks guys - really enjoying reading them all.

It's sometimes easy to forget that human nature is as kind as it is unkind.

Hey Wessik, shall I send you some reading glasses ? LOL, but get what you mean, it does sort of look like that on the listings of threads.

look forward to hearing more...

The nicest thing, eh? Well, someone accepted me. I really don't think I could ever thank them enough for that.

Lone Apothecary said:
The nicest thing, eh? Well, someone accepted me. I really don't think I could ever thank them enough for that.

What a nice thing to appreciate - something that I confess I have taken for granted and never thought of.

monkeysocks said:
What a nice thing to appreciate - something that I confess I have taken for granted and never thought of.

I'm sure you're not the only one that has taken it for granted. 'Tis shamefully under-appreciated by many. I became keenly aware of it after spending a bit too much time pretending to be someone I wasn't.

Signed me a loan so I wouldn't have to drop out of school until I had the money.

Being accepted for who I am by a couple friends. That's the nicest thing I could have ever asked for.

Okiedokes said:
Being accepted for who I am by a couple friends. That's the nicest thing I could have ever asked for.

Another inspiring post. I suppose when I put up this thread I meant more gestures than what has become enlightening.

In the generic sense, my parents paying for 4 years of college education for me (and my 4 other siblings) is pretty awesome. I can't thank them enough. They have been generally great parents for all of my younger years. I guess remembering that makes it easier now that they are dishing out a bit of drama in the later ones... XD

In a more 'in the moment' sense, there was this time when I had gone on a boy scout camping trip and, through the fact no other higher ranking scout members had gone on the trip, was put in charge. When I found out I realized I had forgotten my Class A uniform, by which I would need to present myself as a representative of my troop, my dad drove 2 hours over to me at like 8 at night to give it to me.

Lolol, Monkeysocks. My Eyesight actually is pretty bad. Then there is the fact that this is on a cell phone... :(

Someone that loves me for who I am. That's something I'm never going to forget about. My whole life all I wanted was for someone to understand me. And love me. It's amazing how things can happen. :]

Wessik said:
Lolol, Monkeysocks. My Eyesight actually is pretty bad. Then there is the fact that this is on a cell phone... :(

Lol - yes know what you mean the net is in miniature on my phone, also a nightmare to text sometimes on a 'mouse sized' qwerty keyboard.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Someone that loves me for who I am. That's something I'm never going to forget about. My whole life all I wanted was for someone to understand me. And love me. It's amazing how things can happen. :]

I agree because there are so many people who want to change who we are into what they want us to be.

Apart from gesture, gift or deed. I believe that Forgiveness is the greatest thing someone can do , its also something that we should give ourselves more often.

Latest posts

Back