What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My oldest niece came around to borrow my bathroom for hair dying purposes. We had a good long chat about her life, her hopes and the things we used to do and places we used to go when she was a child. We then somehow moved on to the extinction of dinosaurs, possible asteroid collision catastrophe and the dodo being hunted to extinction.

I'm now a few towels worse off, but feeling good...

An 80 something lady who looked exactly like Groucho Marx with a wig and without the cigar who sang the song "Don't rain on my parade" to perfection and did a little dance

A friend of mine staying on the phone with me for 3 hours helping me understand and finish my math homework! So amazing and I get it now. :D

Another class-another impromptu gift from a student, this time a book, one I have had on my to read list for some time...

Sun Tzu on the Art of War

The book my student gave me includes the Lionel Giles translation, & an accompanying 'Understanding Sun Tzu on the Art of War' section which references Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching as well as drawing from Taoist Ways of Life-from the natural world.

:)

Alma lost her spoon said:
Another class-another impromptu gift from a student, this time a book, one I have had on my to read list for some time...

Sun Tzu on the Art of War

The book my student gave me includes the Lionel Giles translation, & an accompanying 'Understanding Sun Tzu on the Art of War' section which references Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching as well as drawing from Taoist Ways of Life-from the natural world.

:)

I've read the book many times, it's a really great book in my opinion.

At my job i had to put an extra bed in a room, together with the manager of the team normally responsible for this. The people staying in the room are present, and the daughter walks up to me and gives me 5 euros for "doing them a favour". I've spend the next few hours wondering how i'd even deserve a sweet gesture like that.

Remembering the lady(she was in her 80s) that came up & started a conversation with me & my friend at a flea market in New York last summer. She was quite something, she had a special energy about her & I'm so glad she spoke with us that day-don't think I'll ever forget her.

Feeling really happy and proud - took myself and my son to a local gaming event in support of the Alberta Children's Hospital. It's a small thing to most people, but a huge accomplishment to me to go to a *gasp* social event where I don't know anyone at all. Met some nice people, played some fun video games and board games, feeling good and most of all, supported a great cause. Yay! :)

Latest posts

Back