What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethel!:)

As an instructor I guess I shouldn't ought to have 'favourites' but y'know, once in a while there's a person you're gonna take a real shine to, like Ethel.
Ethel is my favourite!

Ethel lives in one of the residential homes I visit regularly, I was teaching there today, when they wheel her into the room she totally lights the place up. I don't know what age she is, she must be somewhere around the 90's mark anyways, she always has her nails brightly painted & often wears bright pink lipstick. Her clothes have colour too, not like the usual dowdy muted greys, browns & creams that seem to have become some kind of drab uniform for the elderly. Ethel also likes to wear alice bands, she has hardly any hair left but that doesn't matter-today she had a band with a black & white net rose attached.

Ethel has the most infectious laugh & when she starts I have no choice but to follow, there have been times when I've been crying with laughter with her antics.

Bless you Ethel-you always make me smile, thank you.
:D

The picture message I received about an hour ago
th_goo.gif

Got a text from someone I know asking me to sing a song sometime. It's an old one I sang at my high school's musical. It just feels good to be ASKED to do it.

Having a nice chat about photography with this lovely woman. She squeezed my arm just near the elbow. It was such a nice gesture, made my day.

Playing with Boomer this morning, chasing him around while he played with his Kong toy, which is a ball that he rolls around to try to get food out of. Then he let me snuggle him, and he rested his head on my chest and started tickling me.

My rabbit coming out of his favourite spot to follow me to the kitchen but only stopped right in front of the kitchen hallway because I always stop him from coming in there. He is obedient and knows the forbidden rooms! Plus it was just so cute how he just stood there watching me. I love you, little bunbun.

Well, I had my ears syringed and my infection is almost totally gone, so I can hear properly again for the first time in over a week. It's quite a relief.

Kid.

Unexpected text. Very cool. Did I mention unexpected?

Sushi for lunch.

Kid excited about her workout.

Chicken skewers over a fire.

Moon coming up between two mountains.

My best friend telling me she appreciates me.

The 10 mile run I did in the mist this morning.

Going off the rope swing into a f**king cold lake.

The fire I mentioned cooking over.

Kid n' I chatting while down at the fire.

Latest posts

Back