What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this young startup guy from Venezuela, such wonderful optimism and drive, really inspired me

talking to and getting to know better a kind, funny, cute guy who genuinely seems to care about me :) can't wait to see him again.. :p:p:p

My zucchini plants. They're growing so fast you can practically sit and watch them grow! Can wait to see my first zucchini!

The realisation that I'm going to right direction even though what awaits is mountain work but I'm going to give up that easily, I will fight yeah, I will fight until I make that mountain flat as a playground :)

This really annoying girl in my English class who would never shut up and used the word like every two words was kicked out of class today. Not for anything bad. She wasn't registered and there were no more add codes to give out. :D

A brush that stood up by itself looking like it's defying the law of gravity. Lol

Finally found out the names of many old music pieces that were stuck in my head...now I got a new alarm sound as well.

My ex-students from my form class of 2011 and 2012.

How sweet of my ex-students to still remember me. Even after graduating from school since 2012 and even when I am no longer a teacher. Up to this year, they still wish me a Happy Teachers' Day every year on that particular day. There's this boy, what a special one (I've even spoken to his parents quite a bit, and told them what a wonderful child they have).. he just told me I'm the best teacher he's ever had. I guess I was there for them a lot, being their form teacher for 2 whole years, and bringing them together. I still remember those bullshit pep talks (I never thought they get through these kids at that age but even if the messages didn't stick, I suppose my presence around them mattered) and the one-to-one talks with each one of them, organising activities for them externally just so they could bond outside the walls of that goddamn school. My teachings and strategies worked with this bunch and I'm grateful for that.

It's so nice and heartwarming to still see the same bunch of kids keeping in touch with one another when initially, they would not have even given two shits to the various cliques formed in the class. Now they plan meet-ups together and still ask me out to meet them.

These are the things that make what I did, no matter how challenging, all worthwhile. Makes me kinda miss teaching... just a teeny bit.

ladyforsaken said:
My ex-students from my form class of 2011 and 2012.

How sweet of my ex-students to still remember me. Even after graduating from school since 2012 and even when I am no longer a teacher. Up to this year, they still wish me a Happy Teachers' Day every year on that particular day. There's this boy, what a special one (I've even spoken to his parents quite a bit, and told them what a wonderful child they have).. he just told me I'm the best teacher he's ever had. I guess I was there for them a lot, being their form teacher for 2 whole years, and bringing them together. I still remember those bullshit pep talks (I never thought they get through these kids at that age but even if the messages didn't stick, I suppose my presence around them mattered) and the one-to-one talks with each one of them, organising activities for them externally just so they could bond outside the walls of that goddamn school. My teachings and strategies worked with this bunch and I'm grateful for that.

It's so nice and heartwarming to still see the same bunch of kids keeping in touch with one another when initially, they would not have even given two shits to the various cliques formed in the class. Now they plan meet-ups together and still ask me out to meet them.

These are the things that make what I did, no matter how challenging, all worthwhile. Makes me kinda miss teaching... just a teeny bit.

Well done! Every child deserves a teacher who cares.

When the garage hoover sucked up my pouch for my sunglasses, lol.

Latest posts

Back