What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I visited my sister and when the door opened a smile spread across my two year old niece's face and she just started saying "Uncle Gawy, Uncle Gawy, Uncle Gawy again and again".

She was apparently very happy that I brought cupcakes and muffins - "Yum yum yum. Fank you for my cake, Uncle Gawy"

She also likes my hair - "I like your funny hair, Uncle Gawy"

She was less impressed at being asked to show me how she dances "No. NOOOOOO! I'm not twirling!"

My 6 month old nephew also squeezed my finger really tight and just started giggling for no reason, but usually he's crying, so that made a nice change :)

an elderly man I know, who starts all these online magazines and journals to complain about stuff - pretty active, though :)

A friend told me she was concerned for me and told me to text her next time I'm in a rough mood. It just felt good to remember someone cares.
Well... that and looking at pictures of fluffy cows.

Being told I can skip a level 1 course and go straight to level 2, because I scored high on a shitty test :D

Observing the kindness of a former neighbor lending his time, money, and truck with no expectation of receiving anything in return and he wasn't even faking it.

Cavey said:
Standing tall. Fighting back. That ALWAYS makes me smile.
That's the spirit!

purplelives said:
Observing the kindness of a former neighbor lending his time, money, and truck with no expectation of receiving anything in return and he wasn't even faking it.
Especially that those are growing rare... It always warms the heart to see someone genuinely kind. I hate fake kindness.

Ocelot said:
For stepping out of my comfort zone, and leaving the house to go do something social.

That's great. Keep it up :)

Felt worse than usual, so I went to go play video games for a bit. Then I realized Steam was having a sale and got a good game for about 2$. Then a couple of people I knew decided to show up. We didn't talk much, but it was the feeling that they were just there helped.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Felt worse than usual, so I went to go play video games for a bit. Then I realized Steam was having a sale and got a good game for about 2$. Then a couple of people I knew decided to show up. We didn't talk much, but it was the feeling that they were just there helped.

I did this a couple of days ago. I didn't spend more than like £4 on any game, but ended up spending a fortune. I can't resist Steam bargains. I've got like 600 unplayed games and chances are I'm never going to get around to playing the majority of those.

My youngest niece made me smile today. She put her hand on my forearm, then looked down and slid her hand up my arm, then she said:

"Your arms are very hairy. It goes all the way up there. It's too long. You need a haircut!"

I imagine that's what most people are thinking, but they don't have the nerve to say it.

Cavey said:
My youngest niece made me smile today. She put her hand on my forearm, then looked down and slid her hand up my arm, then she said:

"Your arms are very hairy. It goes all the way up there. It's too long. You need a haircut!"

Haha, very cute! Children say the funniest things.

When my niece first saw a truck hauling a bunch of cars she said in a very concernced sounding voice, "oh no, the cars are sick? They are going to the hospital?" hehe, I thought it was so funny.

Latest posts

Back