What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some tests results for a very close relative that have been bad for the last 7 years, came back as normal for the first time ever.

A little boy.

It was at the hospital. He was sitting with his grandfather who was reading the newspaper on a bench. He was just swinging his cute little legs and looking around curiously at people walking by.

I have always been fascinated by kids who love to smile, or who'd smile in response to people smiling at them. Makes me wonder how they knew how to smile or when to smile back. So I tried it on this little boy, a toddler, as he was looking at every person passing by.

So when his eyes were set on mine, I gave him a smile. Didn't really know what to expect but I did it anyway, hoping it wouldn't make him cry. And guess what? He gave a wide, cheeky, cute little smile on that adorable little face. To which I waved to him and moved on.

No better way to start my morning today. Thank you, adorable little boy. <3

My girls being accepted without conditions by a different school, one whose academia is outstanding and which has a stringent no bullying policy.

Spending some time with my mother...

...but then the smile was wiped off my face by the overly-officious man in Carlisle Cathedral who gave me a talking to for taking photos without a permit. Embarrassing someone for the sake of £1 doesn't seem like a very Christian thing to do, but this is probably why I am not a fan of organised religion.

Finally getting around to my assignments, and one of my instructors opened with this:

"Your task, should you choose to accept it, which is silly because you have no choice but to accept it..."

Thinking about how hard I laughed last night. That was great. Haven't had that in a really long time.

Latest posts

Back