What Reasons Influenced You To Buy The Console(s) That You Did?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
What influenced you to buy the consoles that you did?

Genesis Vs. SNES
---------------------
Although the Genesis made decent sports titles and a more comfortable controller, I chose the SNES because of the large amount and quality of the rpg's really impressed me. That, and I love Mario titles.

PS1 Vs. N64
--------------
As much as I love Mario and Zelda titles, I was disappointed
with the design of the N64 controller. I just couldn't get a comfortable grip on it. The PS1 used discs as opposed to cartridges.
The game selections for the PS1 also impressed me very much. I'm sure that we can all agree that "FF VII" influenced my decision as well.

PS2 Vs. Gamecube
----------------------
This was a tough decision for me. The PS2 being able to play DVD discs was very impressive. I chose the cube because it had many souped up versions of classic Nintendo titles from the past. I also loved the feel of the controller. It was just the right weight and grip for me.

PS3 Vs. 360 Vs. Wii
-----------------------
This was my easiest choice. The Wii's nunchaku controller was just appalling to me. I tried it, and hated it. To make a long story short. I chose the PS3 because of it's backwards compatibility, the Blu Ray, and it's many other functions. The way it received the disc automatically was a neat feature.

Genesis: I remember this being the first console I played, my father when he could still play video games use to play a lot with me and help me get past hard bosses and stuff. That and I owned all the Sonic the Hedgehog games, so that influenced me for many years to come.

PS1: Well, this was the next step up. My father got this and with it we had Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon, both games I love dearly. I don't think the N64 appealed to me as much as this and I had some friends who had a N64 already so there wasn't any need to get one.

PS2: One of the first consoles that I really wanted, sides I could also play movies and cds in this which was really good. Oh and it had a more variety of game selections since from what I saw the Gamecube and Xbox didn't really have much at the time. I did have an Xbox too but I didn't really play it that much. The only thing that really made me said was that my dad couldn't really play with me anymore (he didn't like the analog controls) but I remember he always watched me, so I had some nice bonding father-daughter time with him.

PS3: Yeah, you've probably noticed the trend. To admit I had a Wii for a while but some of the games I played were horrible and I didn't really like the controls on it. That being said the PS3 was like the PS2 except with more fancy technology and some internet capabilities. A few friends of mine had it too, and we play together in online matches often or send stupid stuff to make each other laugh in the messages.

Welcome to the forum Icarus.:)

Another feature of the PS3 I like is that you can copy your favorite videos off a disk and store them on your console. Saves the hassle of inserting different discs all the time to watch your favorites. Oh Yeah. I love the Sonic games. I really suck ass at them though. lol

Godspeed.
LK

Atari because my dad bought it.
Sega Genesis because my dad bought it to play sonic/lion king.
Gameboy pocket because my dad bought it to play tetris.

Then I started getting my own stuff.

N64 because I liked the controller and thought it looked cool.
Game Boy Color to play Pokemon and because...COLOR!
PS2 because it was by far the most awesome of it's time. I played a lot of final fantasy, disgaea, other rpgs, and surprisingly a lot of DDR on it.
PS3 because I broke my PS2 and the PS3 I have is backwards compatible with ps2 games., it was a Bluray player, the online is free, and I wanted to see how awesome the new processor technology was.

The only reasons I didnt buy things like xbox, dreamcast, and gamecube were because I spent a lot of time over at my friend's house and he had a gamecube and we'd play lots of stuff on that. Phantasy star online, zelda games, smash bros. And my dad had an xbox and I wasn't really impressed with it. We also didn't pay for xbox live so it was kind of pointless.

LoneKiller said:
Welcome to the forum Icarus.:)

Another feature of the PS3 I like is that you can copy your favorite videos off a disk and store them on your console. Saves the hassle of inserting different discs all the time to watch your favorites. Oh Yeah. I love the Sonic games. I really suck ass at them though. lol

Godspeed.
LK

Wait..you can do that? Huh, I never actually tried copying videos off of disks before, so maybe I'll do that sometime. Thanks for that.
And I really the old ones, even though there kind of difficult for me, the new ones are a hit and miss, but I try anyway since I love that blue hedgehog.

Oh and thank you for welcoming me by the way. :)

N64: my first console, I had been waiting a long time to get one... I had my GB but it's not the same... At the time there was a lot of excitement about the N64, it was just released. And I was a Nintendo boy all the way, I bought a Nintendo magazine every month religiusly, I knew everything that was going on in the videogame world those days and all he games. I didn't really cared about the PS1.

I had seen the N64 in action at my cousin's house, I couldn't wait to have my own Super Mario 64. The graphics, the playability, and the quality of the games were unlike anything else at the time so it was an easy choice.

PS2: Then I betrayed Nintendo... I still think the PS2 is rather crappy. After buying it, I realized I don't like 99% of the titles. From my subjective perspective, it just can't be compared to Nintendo 64, except the GTAs... They aren't my kind of games really. They always feel too generic. Nintendo has a whole universe of it's own and the best playability, the qualities I appreciate the most in gaming.

But anyways, I didn't like much the Game Cube. And the Wii was too expensive, so I want for the PS2. Is not bad, but it can't be compared to the N64, the SNES or even the GB in terms of the quality of the games.

for xbox and xbox 360 it was halo. over the years though i have transitioned from playing mostly FPS games to playing mostly RPG games or shooters that are atleast a little more involved than something like call of duty or halo. halos draw for me was always the sci-fi aspect of it though.

I got the PS3 because I had the PS and the PS2 before it, and I loved the ratchet and Clank series. I got the PS1 as a gift, and the PS2 because Walmart messed up when I bought a TV and to make up for it they gave me a PS2.
The Blue ray player is pretty nice though.

gamecube bought new.. can't remember why.. i think it was because a star wars game on it impressed me at the time
ps2 and xbox i got for free.. 8)

LoneKiller said:
Mr Hermit said:
gamecube bought new.. can't remember why.. i think it was because a star wars game on it impressed me at the time
ps2 and xbox i got for free.. 8)
I love the Gamecube.

lol, so did i 8)
would play it for hours on end, i can't believe it broke >.<
my fave game was definitely the star wars rogue squadron games.. loved em...
miss it 8)

Ahhh Rogue Squadron what a game!

I thought the Nintendo 64 game was better than the gamecube one though strangely.

Really have to get hold of a copy of that and dust the N64 down.

Bought my PSP because it was a God of War edition. Delicious.

Bought my Xbox because it was red.

Bought my Wii because it was red.

And bought my PS3 because everyone started moving over to it, and I have to play with my team. Can't do it without my team.

Oh and I can't forget... First console that was ever mine - all mine - my grandmother bought me, and she bought it for me because my brother wouldn't let me play his. I wish I still had it.

I have ps3. I bought it because:

- It was in my opinion quite cheap for a console at the time I bought it (last Christmas)
- I already have ps1 and ps2. Why not ps3?
- I like the controller. Always liked since I bought ps1.
- Ps3 has a free online gaming
- They have a couple of nice exclusive games
- Blu-ray
- I don't like playing with PC and a gaming PC would be too expensive for me. In addition I don't have a good monitor, so that would have given more price
- I didn't need to buy a new television for playing
- I don't like Microsoft :D

Latest posts

Back