What Soothes You When You Are Upset Or Feeling Sad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi People.

Bad day at work? Troubles with the ex? Feeling down? Pissed off at so and so? What soothes you from all this? Personally, I find that ambient music does the trick along with some songs from various country music artists.

You?

I go home and play the DCUO game to take my mind off of everything. Usually works unless no one else is on in the league I'm in. I used to listen to music or draw or write, or watch dvd's but none of that works anymore.

Dancing round the room backwards jumping up and down and badly singing my little hear out to very loud Tom Jones and / or Motown. Plus carrying on even when I notice my neighbour can see me.

When getting over crappy boyfriends from Yorkshire I use Oasis instead!

Punk rock.

Playing Counter Strike.

Screaming if I'm too pissed... I try to avoid that, it hurts my throat :p

Loads of stuff I had a real bad one like not sleeping for days major falling down, started painting won art comp money for kids for x mas negative into positive I would like to do art therapy with people really helped me.

In general running or biking in the country side with some dance on headphones or just down beach

on the flip side chocolate

or some whisky or rum and some smokes

anti depressants, I dont like taking pills, like to try and fight honeysuckle, but am not judging or in competion, if it works for you good on you but, not for me made me worse

list of good things in my life, from having a nice pair of shoes to having a place to live we all have positives use them

Everytime I feel down I kick start the Xbox 360 and play in a First Person Shooter lol.

Generally listen to the blues. Or play video games, that usually cheers me up, especially if someone's 'angried up the blood'. Generally also do boxing when I train during the weekend, and take it out on the punching bag instead of folks who got me riled up.

I also got a bar of chocolate in my desktop drawer which serves the same purpose as a whiskey bottle to some weary PI's. :)

lonelyfairy said:
Talking with someone, peaceful music, sleeping, cute animals...

Ah, naturally, talking with folks, sleeping and especially animals always lift my spirits. A sudden appearance of a puppy generally manages to momentarily make me forget all my woes, at least for a minute. :)

Depends on the reason for it.

Sometimes music works, walking in the rain (when it's actually raining and it's not cold rain), running, baking....

Exercise! Do some dynamic running. Get all the bad feelings out of me, and replace it with energy and endorphins.

If I'm too down to do that; music, talking with someone about it, writing it all down.

sleeping, long walking or reading books, but sometimes it would be nice to talk to someone I think

Latest posts

Back