What to do when you've just gotten out of an emotionally abusive relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hoptza

It was fine in the beginning (isn't that always how these stories start?)
But his true love was for his video games. He was obsessed. He'd play them all hours of the night. Once, even tried to put off plans with me to play something with his friends on XBox Live. It was always a point of irritation for us, but I figured all guys like video games. Why is it different with him?

8 months into our relationship, he stole my mom's debit card and used it to buy $1200 worth of video game stuff. Simultaneously, he stole $900 worth of merchandise from his job (he worked at a video game store).
He was arrested, but his rich grandfather bailed him out.
Now he's unemployed, all of our friends hate him, and has a police record.
For (excuse my French) his ******* video games.

So, now I'm alone.

We were best friends for two years, and he was my first boyfriend...

I hurt so badly. I don't want to kill myself, but I just want to take all the money I have and run away. My perfect life was stolen by the one person in the world I trusted with my heart, my life.

I used to spend almost all my extra time with him. Now that he doesn't call, doesn't IM, I spend my days sitting on the internet and crying.
None of my friends or family can stand me talking about him. So it bottles up inside... it feels like I'm going to explode as I type.
My insides are crumbling. I just wish someone could help me.

That sucks. :(
I program video games for a living, but even with that, realize that people are more important. You know, it's possible to fall in love with someone who isn't good enough for you. I think he wasn't good enough, and you shouldn't let him hurt you. Work on forgetting the guy. You're a loving person and you can find someone true for yourself.

IM me if you want to talk more and hear more advice from a guy who dated one too many heartless girls...you have to learn to look after yourself and not let the bad ones have too much effect on your *good* personality.

Last year I've fallen in love with a woman who wasn't good at all. Ok, I won't write down here everything she did -it would be extremely long and boring-, but now I feel so crushed and lacking confidence that I don't feel I can afford to find someone else. I really feel I will be lonely for life if I don't get up.

For 7 years he made me feel that no one else would want me because I was dumb, ugly, fat, and stupid. ANd I believed him. I have no self esteem or confidence in myself. Today is my first day without him and I don't know what to do. I am lost. Where do I go from here? I cried all night and all morning..I wish I had a friend, a relative, an acquaintance, ANYONE, that I could talk to and to tell me it's going to be okay. But I don't. People always say "I'm here if you need to talk", but the truth is, that everyone has their own honeysuckle to deal with, so why even bother. Gawd I'm so emo right now and I hate it.

What to do when you've just gotten out of an emotionally abusive relationship?

praise the Lord?
unknown.gif

hoptza said:
he stole my mom's debit card and used it to buy $1200 worth of video game stuff. Simultaneously, he stole $900 worth of merchandise from his job (he worked at a video game store).

defenately praise the Lord
girl_impossible.gif

Penny,
stop crying, man.
U'll be fine , most likely better off with someone else.

Latest posts

Back