What to do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgalex

Reaction score
What do you do when you just feel useless and completely alone in the world. People around you just don't seem to mind the way they treat you and you feel pushed aside no matter what you do. There's always someone better, there's always something funnier, and you are just another body wasting oxygen in the room.

Do you ever wish you could just disappear?

The sadness just hits you and seems to consume you so hard, you feel like you cant breathe anymore. No matter how you look at it, you did nothing wrong. But to others, well, you just don't seem to exist at all.

Do you ever feel like you're in the dark the whole time?

mgalex said:
There's always someone better, there's always something funnier, and you are just another body wasting oxygen in the room.

Yes you are right...... there will always be someone smarter, better, funnier, taller, sexier..... But you are you and unique in your own way. We all have a gift. What's yours? Maybe it's time to focus on what's unique about you and develop that strength further to make it the best thing about you.

mgalex said:
Do you ever wish you could just disappear?
Yes, I do very often. I know my reply is not helpful to you in any way. But you're definitely not the only one who is feeling the way you do.

mgalex said:
What do you do when you just feel useless and completely alone in the world. People around you just don't seem to mind the way they treat you and you feel pushed aside no matter what you do. There's always someone better, there's always something funnier, and you are just another body wasting oxygen in the room.

I've come to recognize it's better to concentrate your thoughts on progress as an ongoing matter and assess how far you have come from your starting point and conditions in your life.

There is going to be someone better and funnier and so but

1. We can't be sure of it because the factual information we base our observation and conclusion may be incomplete. We don't know what goes behind the appearance. There are some people who fake superiority while are empty inside and all words and no action.

2. More importantly, each individual starts from different points, under different conditions, goes through different hardships and experiences in life. If you've gone through a lot, you've grown tough which is important because misfortune might happen to anyone and it's necessary to keep your life together while facing a crisis.

3. If you keep developing yourself, you may end up being better than the said better and funnier people.

I think it would be motivating to be around people who are improving themselves consistently and are on the same stage as you are in life. It may bring mutual support and benefit all the people involved.

Those who undermine your accomplishments and look down on you and your life, most probably have a complacent attitude of themselves. I don't think you would want such people to be your friends.

something that could help you is to try to express your feelings of uselessness and dejection thru creating art. it's even possible, if you get comfortable enough with it, to publish your creations, and perhaps people would identify with what you try to express. that really feels good. find some artistic works that you deeply identify with in that regard. also you could do drugs.

Hopetracer said:
mgalex said:

I've come to recognize it's better to concentrate your thoughts on progress as an ongoing matter and assess how far you have come from your starting point and conditions in your life.

There is going to be someone better and funnier and so but

1. We can't be sure of it because the factual information we base our observation and conclusion may be incomplete. We don't know what goes behind the appearance. There are some people who fake superiority while are empty inside and all words and no action.

2. More importantly, each individual starts from different points, under different conditions, goes through different hardships and experiences in life. If you've gone through a lot, you've grown tough which is important because misfortune might happen to anyone and it's necessary to keep your life together while facing a crisis.

3. If you keep developing yourself, you may end up being better than the said better and funnier people.

I think it would be motivating to be around people who are improving themselves consistently and are on the same stage as you are in life. It may bring mutual support and benefit all the people involved.

Those who undermine your accomplishments and look down on you and your life, most probably have a complacent attitude of themselves. I don't think you would want such people to be your friends.

I agree keep developing yourself...learn grow..improve..
I recently went through a similar experience..and almost gave up on breathing..its a dark place there...and there is not going back once you pass through that door.
If someone treats you poorly...for no real reason...thats nothing youve done..thats a flaw they are struggling with and taking it out on you. Dont take negativity personally. It rarely is....

Latest posts

Back