What type of music are you into?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epileptic

Reaction score
Music for me=life. I love listening to music, i love looking for new styles of music, and i love sharing my musical tastes with others.

I typically listen to music of an electronic variety, but that doesnt mean I wont listen to anything else. Over the years my tastes of music have evolved just as much as my personality has evolved. Starting with the typical "alternative" music because I wasnt sure what was out there. Then I found industrial. This stuff just blew me away. It was so different then anything the radio could provide. Some bands more guitar driven, and some other bands more noisey, the different styles were endless. Needless to say, if you listen to the same types of music over a long period of time, they all sound the same. So, I found other forms of electronic music. Techno, trance, ambient, goa, idm, ebm. My favorite was goa. It sounded like this is what raw energy and electricity would sound like if it was audible.

Eventually I was getting more and more spiritual and trying to find purpose. I was slowly seperating myself from humanity and reintroducing myself to nature. Needless to say my musical tastes followed suit. I love music that has tribal elements in it and I also love music that has gregorian type chants in it. Also, music that helps stimulate the brain because of the sheer complexity of it all. So, if anyone is interested in finding out some of the artists that I listen to, let me know.

I listen to all types of music, from rap to screamo. I used to only listen to rock but over the years I've grown to appreciate all types of music. Music is my everything. I write, it, sing it, listen ot it, and love it.

I love lots of music. I grew up with classical and opera and studied voice for years harboring a pipe dream of being an opera singer. *sigh*

I went through an inevitable spandex-wearing, head-banger phase in college back in the late 80s, but I still listen to a lot of rock/punk/classic rock despite rattling my head around in my skull.

Dixieland, Blues (Delta, Chicago and Memphis), Gregorian Chants, Techno, Industrial, it's all good.

I detest most rap, even the softer mainstream stuff. Also, not a big fan of fusion jazz (think: Pat Metheny), but that's mostly because I associate it with my ex-husband. I OD'ed on World Beat music in the 80s/90s, so I if I never hear Johhny Clegg again it'll be too soon.

I am also the biggest Cheap Trick fan ever. heh

Classical, hard rock, alternative, indy, psychadelic.

I love 70's rock.
Fleetwood Mac
The Steve Miller Band
The Eagles

I'm a death/folk metal kind of guy. I really like the complex instrumental work, the brutal sound and ultimately the stories and passion you get from this particular side of the genre. I don't listen to the white supremacist stuff, but I love that the passion these people have for their cultural past is so strong and evident in their music and especially the live performances. A couple of songs have made me cry.

I also love jazz! I went to a live jazz show earlier this year, the first live concert I've ever actually gone to in my life, and they just blew me away. That takes a lot of skill and man, it just sounds good.

Recently I'm getting in to post-rock, as well. God Speed You! Black Emperor, A Silver Mt. Zion, etc etc. I tried electronica/techno a while back and couldn't get in to it for some reason...but I find this genre fills my 'background music' needs really well, and I like the apocalyptic themes.

Brian said:
I'm a death/folk metal kind of guy. I really like the complex instrumental work, the brutal sound and ultimately the stories and passion you get from this particular side of the genre. I don't listen to the white supremacist stuff, but I love that the passion these people have for their cultural past is so strong and evident in their music and especially the live performances. A couple of songs have made me cry.

I also love jazz! I went to a live jazz show earlier this year, the first live concert I've ever actually gone to in my life, and they just blew me away. That takes a lot of skill and man, it just sounds good.

Recently I'm getting in to post-rock, as well. God Speed You! Black Emperor, A Silver Mt. Zion, etc etc. I tried electronica/techno a while back and couldn't get in to it for some reason...but I find this genre fills my 'background music' needs really well, and I like the apocalyptic themes.

You should really check out Luca Turilli then, you might love them :D

I listen to a lof of 70's rock, 80's metal, alternative metal, jazz, new wave, new age, country, folk
or even classical sometime.

Anywhere from Dream threather to Tangerine dreams

I've been leaning more towards newage music or piano music, lately.

I'll go through phases of listening to certain types of music.

I play a rock and metal on my guitar mostly.
I've been playing classical pieces lately to keep my playing style flexiable.

I think for every genre of music there is something to really get into if you are willing to find it and have an open mind. So I listen to a lot and I really do not feel like listing them all, lol
For anyone who reads this. Please do not make 'indie' as a genre of music. Its not :p

I really love old country stuff like Gram Parsons and the alt country movement was cool with Whiskeytown led by Ryan Adams. Some of my other non country favorites include R.E.M, Alice and Chains, Alice Cooper, Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, The Smiths, Queen

i'm into pretty much everything, don't really like 'screamo' andother 'emo' bands though, they all sound the same to my ears!
I LOVE The Cure, depeche mode are cool too, at the moment I'm really into The Killers and White Lies.

angry music, and christian music.

umm...

primer55, sev, genuflect, stuckinkaos, slipknot, etc.

then,

tenth avenue north, skillet, nevertheless, remedy drive, run kid run, thousand foot krutch, etc.

my favorite favorite favorite song, is 'Trapt - Lost Realist'.

I'm a huge Five Finger Death Punch fan. I also love Atreyu, As I Lay Dying and a slew of other "metalcore" bands. I really love hardcore, though. Especially Black Flag, Minor Threat, Husker Du and contemporary stuff from Most Precious Blood and Death Before Dishonor. I love screamo-crunk regardless of what anyone says. Hollywood Undead, BrokeNCYDE... Also, metal from Meshuggah, Between The Buried And Me, Into Eternity. BTW, Power Metal is ballin'. My favorite PM band is Dream Evil. "I'd give up all my life to be... IN THE BOOK OF HEAVY METAL!!"

Hi All,

I like soft and romantic songs.When I am getting bored or somewhat tired at that time I am listing to songs.

Songs by Enrique, I love very much.

Latest posts

Back