What video game are you currently playing ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Infamous Second Son, a game I was adamant I would never play (even though I've played all the others in the series), and.... it's literally the Infamous experience I originally expected with 1 and 2, and is so much fun. Like, easily the best.

The writing in this series has never really been great, so I like it more when it doesn't take itself as seriously anymore. I'm glad I changed my mind.

Bayonetta, Alpha Protocol, GRID, hurr...I'm rather aimless currently, not hooked on anything in particular.

Rodent said:
Bayonetta, Alpha Protocol, GRID, hurr...I'm rather aimless currently, not hooked on anything in particular.

What platform did you try Bayonetta?

My first was PS3, which is often considered a butchered port, but the controls and just about everything else are **** near perfect for the Switch, which is now my preferred version.
And then it's even portable. And docked (grip or pro-controller) vs handheld can even alter your game. I got so used to playing in handheld, I find that's the only mode I can even get far into the game with, haha. If you get too used to one way, you might have to stick to that alone. At least on higher difficulty.

LostintheBardo said:
The Last of Us

I almost wanted to play this recently, but thankfully decided against it when I saw Naughty Dog was behind it. I couldn't stand the Uncharted games and this game in particular looks like Uncharted 2 2.0.... Yeah, almost made a huge mistake.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Rodent said:

My first was PS3, which is often considered a butchered port, but the controls and just about everything else are **** near perfect for the Switch, which is now my preferred version.
And then it's even portable. And docked (grip or pro-controller) vs handheld can even alter your game. I got so used to playing in handheld, I find that's the only mode I can even get far into the game with, haha. Got too used to it.

PC but with a controller. It has been intriguing so far and I'm not a big hack-n-slash guy. I knew it only existed on consoles before and I never owned any in my entire life, so I appreciate SEGA's recent trend of porting a lot of games. I have yet to continue playing Yakuza 0.

Rodent said:
Rodent said:

And then it's even portable. And docked (grip or pro-controller) vs handheld can even alter your game. I got so used to playing in handheld, I find that's the only mode I can even get far into the game with, haha. Got too used to it.

PC but with a controller. It has been intriguing so far and I'm not a big hack-n-slash guy. I knew it only existed on consoles before and I never owned any in my entire life, so I appreciate SEGA's recent trend of porting a lot of games. I have yet to continue playing Yakuza 0.

It IS intriguing, but don't get too caught up in the story. It's mostly just spectacle and even Kamiya (the creator) admits that at the end it just falls to pieces and is cliched as all hell just because it utilizes tropes from some of his favorite movies, etc.
He's pretty quirky, so yeah. But it's a very competent beat em' up/hack n' slash and it's even more fun when you master combos and can actually fight on higher difficulties. **** near break a controller on it, haha.

Bayonetta 2 is actually a whole lot easier than the first game, if you ever decide to play it. And not even because of past experience with the first game; the combo system was simplified a lot.

It IS intriguing, but don't get too caught up in the story. It's mostly just spectacle and even Kamiya (the creator) admits that at the end it just falls to pieces and is cliched as all hell just because it utilizes tropes from some of his favorite movies, etc.
He's pretty quirky, so yeah. But it's a very competent beat em' up/hack n' slash and it's even more fun when you master combos and can actually fight on higher difficulties. **** near break a controller on it, haha.

Bayonetta 2 is actually a whole lot easier than the first game, if you ever decide to play it. And not even because of past experience with the first game; the combo system was simplified a lot.

Oh sure, by intriguing I did refer to the spectacle in the same way that I'd refer to a good old 80s action film is to me. So far I played on easy because it isn't my typical genre (neither is a controller my typical "tool") unlike FPS which I usually attempt on normal. It certainly seems competent to me so far and that's what I appreciate in a game. Not everything has to be incredibly deep.

Since I don't know if the sequel will be ported, I'll have to see about playing that because I doubt I'll spend money on a console in any foreseeable future...

Rodent said:

Oh sure, by intriguing I did refer to the spectacle in the same way that I'd refer to a good old 80s action film is to me. So far I played on easy because it isn't my typical genre (neither is a controller my typical "tool") unlike FPS which I usually attempt on normal. It certainly seems competent to me so far and that's what I appreciate in a game. Not everything has to be incredibly deep.

Since I don't know if the sequel will be ported, I'll have to see about playing that because I doubt I'll spend money on a console in any foreseeable future...

Well.... I hate to break it to you, but easy mode makes all combos automatic, I believe. That's probably why it's simple so far.

I believe normal is when you have to manually input combos and it goes from there.... many more levels above just 'hard', so yeah. Give it a try manual and it'll probably be a lot harder than you think. :/

And, haha, no, I wasn't referring to the story as intriguing; I mean the world building and how much research they obviously did to supernatural and mythological elements regarding witchcraft, angels, the occult, monsters, history, etc.
It's got some amazing detail in that respect, to the point it's almost a shame the story is essentially... yeah, 80's schlock, for the most part.

Well.... I hate to break it to you, but easy mode makes all combos automatic, I believe. That's probably why it's simple so far.

I believe normal is when you have to manually input combos and it goes from there.... many more levels above just 'hard', so yeah. Give it a try manual and it'll probably be a lot harder than you think. :/

And, haha, no, I wasn't referring to the story as intriguing; I mean the world building and how much research they obviously did to supernatural and mythological elements regarding witchcraft, angels, the occult, monsters, history, etc.
It's got some amazing detail in that respect, to the point it's almost a shame the story is essentially... yeah, 80's schlock, for the most part.

Nah, that's alright. I already came to the conclusion and wondered when I should make the step to normal difficulty or if I'm just gonna play the game on easy till the end so I feel comfortable with all non-combat mechanics first.

I've been reading a lot of the lore material I picked up so far and I got that impression too. It's okay that the story is "just" very spectacular schlock...it doesn't discount anything for me.

Rodent said:

Nah, that's alright. I already came to the conclusion and wondered when I should make the step to normal difficulty or if I'm just gonna play the game on easy till the end so I feel comfortable with all non-combat mechanics first.

I've been reading a lot of the lore material I picked up so far and I got that impression too. It's okay that the story is "just" very spectacular schlock...it doesn't discount anything for me.

It really does excel in however someone could want to play it.
Be it a casual hack and slash or a no-messing-around brutal fighting game, a story/world packed to the brim with details or just a campy enjoyable mostly fun story and characters.

It really does cater itself to the whims of the player, so there's that.

Rodent said:

And then it's even portable. And docked (grip or pro-controller) vs handheld can even alter your game. I got so used to playing in handheld, I find that's the only mode I can even get far into the game with, haha. If you get too used to one way, you might have to stick to that alone. At least on higher difficulty.

LostintheBardo said:
The Last of Us

I almost wanted to play this recently, but thankfully decided against it when I saw Naughty Dog was behind it. I couldn't stand the Uncharted games and this game in particular looks like Uncharted 2 2.0.... Yeah, almost made a huge mistake.
I've never really warmed to the Uncharted series and while I can see some similarities between the two for me, the characters and story really make this special and I much prefer the setting. It's better than almost any serious zombie themed movie I've seen and I'm evening enjoying the combat. 

Maybe find a way to try it out at least.

LostintheBardo said:
Rodent said:

LostintheBardo said:
The Last of Us

I've never really warmed to the Uncharted series and while I can see some similarities between the two for me, the characters and story really make this special and I much prefer the setting. It's better than almost any serious zombie themed movie I've seen and I'm evening enjoying the combat. 

Maybe find a way to try it out at least.

I've heard the writing is good, but man, I really don't want to play more Naughty Dog third person stealth gunplay, which that seems to be most of the gameplay.

Mostly Beat Saber - now #98 in the UK - still thoroughly unimpressive. I'm not sure it was manufactured with my frame in mind. I'll occasionally throw in some runs of The Binding of Isaac and run through the odd old Genesis, SNES or PC-Engine game when I'm bored.

MissBehave said:
PandaSwag said:
Latest DLC to Borderlands 2.

Oooooh! 
Is it good?
I miss killing Badass Alpha Skags 😁

So far so good.  I wasn't paying attention to the story.  I just went in guns a blazing, lol.  Tiny Tina is in one of the missions.  There's some new creatures, but similar to skags.  That's as far as I got so far.

PandaSwag said:
MissBehave said:
PandaSwag said:
Latest DLC to Borderlands 2.

Oooooh! 
Is it good?
I miss killing Badass Alpha Skags 😁

So far so good.  I wasn't paying attention to the story.  I just went in guns a blazing, lol.  Tiny Tina is in one of the missions.  There's some new creatures, but similar to skags.  That's as far as I got so far.

Do you have a favorite game Mr panda? 🐼
Or can't you choose like me. 😁

Latest posts

Back