What will you miss when you're gone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJay

Reaction score
I never thought I would be at this desperate point in my life. I had always been the one people look to for a laugh, silliness, advice, positivity, and love. Now that all my problems and issues have seem to have caught up with me, I can't seem to find anyone to listen to me or be there for me as support or a shoulder to cry on. I've never had good true friends... only selfish ones who only cared what I could do for them. They would put me down because of my ethnicity (1/2 black, 1/2 filipina) or because they feel bad about themselves. I am an only child raised by a single mom all my life. Since I was young, I was desperately lonely and had a bit of OCD where EVERYTHING needed a "friend" (all pairs of shoes HAD to be together, paired up pencils, dolls, towels, anything. Everything had to have a "friend"). My mom married a man 2 yrs ago who competes with me for her attention CONSTANTLY to the point where I can't even hang out with her ALONE without him throwing tantrums about why he can't join. He moved her 45 mins away from my apt so now i have less time with her. I haven't been able to keep a job because the last 3 jobs I had had men as my Bosses who disrespected me sexually or mentally, so I'd quit.
My mom gets frusterated with me because she isnt like me... she has thick skin and can keep moving forward. My problem is i dwell on my sadness and it just builds and builds. My family is selfish and don't see that 3 of my cousins have already attempted suicide and don't see the problem. I have been feeling desperately lonely for 8-9 yrs now, I'm only 26. I spend hours/days by myself in my car just people watching and listening to music... trying to hold back the urges of ramming my car head on into a wall.
My bf just broke up with me today because he feels my depression is adding on too much in his life and he "can't handle it". He threw in my face that he's "not my savior and can't save me" ... I never made it seem that way? I told him that I only RECENTLY told him what I've been feeling because I wanted him to be aware of what's going on inside of me. My mistake for letting anyone know what is going on in my brain. Now I feel it's easier to go because I don't have anyone holding me back. I feel pathetic even writing in to you all because it's like I'm reaching out for help, when really I'm just waiting for tmw when the gun shop is open.

What will you miss when you're gone? For me, my mom, music, food, laughing, and the beauties of nature.

Hi there,
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of us here who have experienced or are experiencing the same pain you're feeling now. That stinks that you opened up to your boyfriend and then he dumped you. That fact that you're reaching out is a plus.
Do you have a friend, co-worker or relative you can call today?
Don't do anything impulsive. Let us know how you're doing tomorrow. I'll be watching for your post.

-Teresa

KJay said:
I spend hours/days by myself in my car just people watching and listening to music... trying to hold back the urges of ramming my car head on into a wall.

My bf just broke up with me today because he feels my depression is adding on too much in his life and he "can't handle it". He threw in my face that he's "not my savior and can't save me" ... I never made it seem that way? I told him that I only RECENTLY told him what I've been feeling because I wanted him to be aware of what's going on inside of me. Now I feel it's easier to go because I don't have anyone holding me back. I feel pathetic even writing in to you all because it's like I'm reaching out for help, when really I'm just waiting for tmw when the gun shop is open.

I know that eight hour people watching game... It sucks that you got dumped. Like opening up to people isn't hard enough you can never anticipate someones reaction. Has he never had depression before? If he was feeling like you were looking towards him to save you then he should've told you what he thought so you could explain how it's not true... You shouldn't feel pathetic if you're on your own carrying this around with you. It sounds like a lot to handle and process. If you're already depressed but you can see the beauty in nature, music, and people then you should think about taking a short breather... Impulsive decisions aren't always the most thought out or true to our unfulfilled needs. If you recognize your depression builds and builds don't play into it. Hope you give this a little time and work before you do anything.

Welcome, KJay. I'm sorry you're feeling unwell. Depression sucks, and it doesn't help when the people around you are unsympathetic. I've been there.

I'm also sorry about your relationship ending. I've also been there, and it sucks big-time. It's not the end of the world, but only time will heal that fresh wound.

Even though it seems like no one cares, people do care. The people in this forum understand more about depression and loneliness (probably) than anyone in your life. Give this place a chance. You have potential friends here.

Hope to see more of you here. Take care.

Hey KJay, please stick around and talk some more.

You never know what tomorrow may bring or who you might meet.

I am so sorry that your boyfriend did not respond to you with support and care when you opened up to him. It demanded a lot of courage and trust from you to do this. Sadly a lot of people are unable to cope with the deeper emotions of others, as they cannot cope with them in themselves and so they pull away. It doesn't mean that your feelings are unacceptable in any way whatsoever. We all want and long for a saviour at times, and if we are lucky enough to find someone who can let us lean on them at bad times, and who can lean on us in their own hard times, then life can be less lonely. I fail to understand why nowadays there is all this stress on going it alone.
I am also sorry that your stepfather is not understanding enough to give you and your mum time together without his butting in all the time. It sounds as though he feels very insecure, but even so he should be mature enough to be able to see past his own feelings to yours. If he couldn't handle being with a woman who has a daughter, he should not have got involved with your mum in the first place. You should be the priority at this vulnerable time.

At this moment in time, I wouldn't miss a thing as I have nothing to miss.

I do have this quite odd thought that if I did top myself, how long would it be before something found me, days, weeks, months? No one visits me or rings me because they know I won't answer anyway.

I'm still here. Thank you to everyone who responded. Your kindness is everything to me right now. It's funny how strangers on the Internet can "get" how I'm feeling without even knowing me.

KJay said:
I'm still here. Thank you to everyone who responded. Your kindness is everything to me right now. It's funny how strangers on the Internet can "get" how I'm feeling without even knowing me.

I'm very happy to see that you are still there.

Life is a bumpy road. It has some little downs, little up, big down and big up. But after a big down, there is always an up. You need to take a look at your life and analyse what is not working. Then, you make some baby steps to fix that one baby step at the time.

Can you tell us what would be the most important aspects of your life that you are not happy with and that you would like to improve? I'm sure that, on this forum, a lot of people are able to help you.

Give life a chance and smile :)

Hello Kjay. I'm sorry that your boyfriend did not understand how you feel inside. I remember I showed poem about loneliness written by me to my classmate, he brushed me off and refused to go with when i begged him for the first time. Another classmate said " Shut the fresia off and why do i have to hear your complaining".So i decided to never tell about my loneliness to anyone. People can be harsh on each other sometimes. It seems you were pretty much like me when you were at my age. If i die young, I will miss my family members and beauty of the nature. At this time I have 3 friends; The sky, the clouds and the wind. I will miss them definitely.

Latest posts

Back