What's a fun job where I can meet young people?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

I've tried finding ways of meeting people through sites like Plentyoffish.com and Meetup.com, but there aren't a lot of people around my age and with my interests.

Suggestions?

I've tried volunteering and stuff, but you don't get to see the same people regularly and get to know anyone.

I'm trying...I'm really tired of having no social life.

hmm. I guess it depends on what kind of things you are interested in doing.

getting involved in a local music scene maybe? check out some local shows if there are any that catch your interest. I know that's what I did during high school and the few years afterwards, and I'm still connected to some of the people I met at those venues.

or working at a place where you notice younger people are employed in great numbers: this clearly doesn't meet the fun criteria, but it can mean greater social interaction with people your age, and chances are there is a greater turnover rate where students are employed. at least that has been my experience.

maybe volunteering more specifically, with organizations that are not broad, but more grassroots oriented. I know when I volunteered in environments like that, I found loads of fellow young people who were passionately focused on helping others and having a blast at the same time.

those are just a couple suggestions, I hope you find something that gets you more socially connected to likeminded people.

A fun job???.. Errrr

something not as fast pace as Mc-D or fast food places

A bar tender?
Be in rock band or a musician.

Any type of counter person as side from fast food places...so this way you're not overwhelm and have time to chit chat.
A musicial instrument store..as in a guitar shop, you have guys going in there all the time for guitar picks :p
Maybe a recreations center. That's where i met my ex-wf. She had guys hitting on her all day, everyday.
A movie Theather...ticket counter person...you'll simply see people all day long without intensive labor.

Do you have a local mall where you live? Try those nit nack shops

I worked at a car wash when I was a teenager...it was the coolest job. A lot of it also had to do with my boss.
He was easy going and laid back. He gave me the easiest job.lol I think he really wanted to help me aside from just the money.
He paid me double the minium wage and gave excuses to give me extra cash..but i still had to earn it. He bascailly told me he was going to help me out.
Perhasp he saw himself in me when he was a young man. He told me he'll only let me work there if I continue in my education.
He made a great impression in my life. I knew not all rich sucessful people are greedy or slave drivers. He was millionair. I will always remember him.
He wasn't a stiff in a suit and neck tie. He wore shorts and a hawiian shirt. He drove in his sports car from one car wash to another to collect money.lmao
He owned a chain of car washes. All I had to do was spray off the grills and windsheild and makesure the car get send off into the washing machine.
A little bit wet. Not labor intensive and I met and flirt with chicks all day long. It was right around the conner from a university. College babes all day long.:p
Sometimes he'd tell me to go assist customers at full service pumps on purpose..bascailly he'll give me and excuse
to go meet a girl. Chit chat with her as I'm checking the air pressure on her tire or checking her oil dip stick.lmao

Hmmm a fun job... ummm.... meet up groups are the only thing I can think of. Or you can try just doing a google search for clubs. I did a search for anime clubs, and I found a few.

Young people don't have fun jobs. Young people have crappy jobs that are boring, and usually don't pay well. That's why young people work towards an education.

Mysis said:
Young people don't have fun jobs. Young people have crappy jobs that are boring, and usually don't pay well. That's why young people work towards an education.

That is -- fortunately -- not entirely true. Some of us are young and do have an interesting jobs and even are quite well-paid. But that is not the essence of living ... isn't it?

I am stuck to my boring cubicle... same as Luna is every day...

Formal education is a more or less a scam or at least a huge misunderstanding (well, in majority of cases), unless you are truly into blind devotion in science and looking forward to work for academia... trust me. Been there, tried that... never really works that way -- and movies showing crazy scientists does not help with the image :) Says I, a physicist who is working in IT as *cough* engineer *cough*. Meh. I always wanted to compose music... life sucks big time :)

KW

Entertainment reporters
I THINK

---------------------------------------------

(*link removed*)

Perhaps you could look at getting into youth support worker roles if you like a challenge.

I work with a few young lads in a supported living setting and you're usually kept pretty active, although the lads are on the autism spectrum so quite a bit of verbal and physical assualting comes with the job as well.

Try working at a touristy place i.e. a seasonal restaurant, a local attraction etc. I work at one and most of us are either in uni or in secondary school (i.e. 16-24). Plus they're relaxed when there isn't big tours in.

Latest posts

Back