What's a painful truth you've had to swallow?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have to accept my limitations. I have to accept that I can only do so much, that I can only climb so far. Even if I put in as much time and effort as someone else I wouldn't reach their level. Even if I put twice as much effort there are some levels I just can't reach. It's super painful to admit since I have this itching to be the best-which probably comes from attention seeking the more I think about it-but somewhere in the acceptance of my limits there is peace

achillesfoot said:
no patron of the universe will ever appear hand-tailored for anyone. what plagues us has no cure that travels. this is it

yea, at the end of the day we are in charge of our destinies

LongWolfFang said:
That my mother didn't want me. Years of denying it myself until she outright admitted it on more than one occasion.

That's a tough one

Bluey said:
quead64 said:
thank you for sharing this with me. You're right, it's about accepting the situation and focusing on what you can do with what you have. It reminds me of a video I saw where someone was explaining that people with grit focus on the 10% that they can change instead of the 90% they can't change. I think she mentions it 15 minutes in

Yes exactly, You cant choose what family your born into or where your from. well not when you're a kid you cant lol
But you can change what friends you make and what job you train to do.
Some people have more choice then others I guess.
But it is a complete waste of time and energy pining over the things we can do nothing about. I guess that does make us human though.

You seem like a positive sort of guy. Not without your pain. But that I believe will give you character.
I say you come across has positive because you are looking at vids like that, that will make you more positive. If the more positive things in life attract you then you will become a more positive person because of that attitude.
Has the old saying goes, misery loves company, But that is not always the best way forward. Yes it does you good to vent and unload and is a necessary thing in order to move on. But some people will stay in that state for a long time. Some people don't have a choose. Some do but they choose not to. Its far to easy to play the victim card. You choose to be a victim in life.

You come across has you are growing. I think your going to be all right.

thank you for the kind words. One of the great things about this forum is being able to just let it out and share without worry, especially when there's no one around to talk to about these things

Painful truth is that I have caused my own dilemma and status. I always thought I had time, time to finish school, time to start saving for retirement when I get that great job. Time to play around and be single. Now I realize my laziness and shortsightedness has made the rest of my life more difficult than it should be.

LongWolfFang said:
That my mother didn't want me. Years of denying it myself until she outright admitted it on more than one occasion.

Ouch man, that stings...

Because of suffering from depression, my life won't never be completely ''normal'' like most people's lives. There are good and bad phases in my life because of it and when the bad phase comes, I am kind of unable to do anything.

handheart said:
That we get older and the beautyful moment will pass .I know that its wrong but this i hate most in life

I complete agree with you. Getting older bring illness, loneliness, fears, nothing good.

That there will soon be a time, when our loved ones will be gone. And we will have to move on without them.

Day2day said:
Painful truth is that I have caused my own dilemma and status. I always thought I had time, time to finish school, time to start saving for retirement when I get that great job. Time to play around and be single. Now I realize my laziness and shortsightedness has made the rest of my life more difficult than it should be.

man I know what that's like, waiting for that perfect moment when everything will be right and what I want falls on my lap. I keep wanting to go back in time and slap some sense into my younger self

M_also_lonely said:
That there will soon be a time, when our loved ones will be gone. And we will have to move on without them.

This.

The fact that I may never experience the feeling of being loved romantically again.

That people generally do not truly like me. I'm "okay" or "nice" but they don't really want to get to know me as much as I want to get to know them. I've been trying to make "friends" but starting to notice it's always me going out of my way.

IceCastles said:
That people generally do not truly like me. I'm "okay" or "nice" but they don't really want to get to know me as much as I want to get to know them. I've been trying to make "friends" but starting to notice it's always me going out of my way.

Yup. Also how disposable and easily replaced you are to these people because of that.

That being open about my opinions on social media has led to a lot of people I knew ostracizing me. I'm fairly cool with it for the most part now though.

I have always had trouble swallowing brussel sprouts .... but to stay on topic being a smart ass

Im old (47) and woman so i have high probably to die alone here sitting in my couch.

The most painful truths that I've had to swallow are that I'm ugly and that nobody will ever love me. I've struggled for over 15 years to accept this, but it's finally started to sink in.

Latest posts

Back