What's best on toast?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's best on toast?

• Total voters
nlem4w.jpg

🔼LOL

But speaking as the owner of two and three quarter cats, I personally find cat hair on toast to be much less amusing than that picture suggests...

Beans or butter, but I think a cheese spread sounds good. Something like they have for bagels.

I like buttered toast.
I really like toast made from the cinnamon bread my pastry shop makes plain.
I like a jam/jelly/preserve/marmalade occasionally.

But my hands down favorite has to be roasting a head of garlic with olive oil and spreading it on toast.

Butter, jams jellys and preserves, especially preserves, and melted cheese. Sometimes i like peanut butter and jelly on toast too.

Whats wrong with you all, wheres the marmite on toast lol ^.^

Arachne said:
Whats wrong with you all, wheres the marmite on toast lol ^.^

I dont have marmite here :( whats it taste like? Oh yeah and applebutter is another good thing. You know this is a **** good thread....its ran since 2010 some ~serus bidness~ this toast stuff lol.

As a wee child I was fed this in England, it is a acquired taste as it is somewhat bitter/salty and it does not look tasty . Marmite is made from yeast extract, a by-product of beer brewing. I still eat it today on toast.

' By 1912, the discovery of vitamins was a boost for Marmite, as the spread is a rich source of the vitamin B complex; With the vitamin B1 deficiency beri-beri being common during World War I, the spread became more popular. British troops during World War I were issued with Marmite as part of their rations.' Wikipedia

That reminds me i was watching a video the other day where people taste tested foods from other countries. We should start a thread dedicated to finding local foods and things like that. I want to order a bunch of different things and try them. Ive also always wondered what vegemite tastes like.

shadetree said:
That reminds me i was watching a video the other day where people taste tested foods from other countries. We should start a thread dedicated to finding local foods and things like that. I want to order a bunch of different things and try them. Ive also always wondered what vegemite tastes like.

hehe tastes like marmite pretty much its just the Australian version of it.. Good idea as well shadetree.

I'm pretty sure people who don't like nutella are from another planet. J/K, but seriously I really can't wrap my mind around it.

exasperated said:
I'm pretty sure people who don't like nutella are from another planet. J/K, but seriously I really can't wrap my mind around it.

I think it would be great if they left out the Hazelnut :p

exasperated said:

I think it would be great if they left out the Hazelnut :p

I have a huge fondness for Welsh Rarebit. Also honey on toast though sparingly as I'm diabetic, and eggs on toast providing they are poached.

I also have a fondness for Moderator on toast; preferably grilled both sides and well down. :p

I voted for butter or some other spread, peanut butter, tomatoes (WOOHOO I love tomatoes) and cheese.

ladyforsaken said:
I voted for butter or some other spread, peanut butter, tomatoes (WOOHOO I love tomatoes) and cheese.

Mmmm tomatoes, you know what else I do with tomatoes, mushrooms with a bit of garlic. :D

Latest posts

Back