What's in a name?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

VanillaCreme

I was looking at some of the names, and wondered, "Hmm, what does that name mean?"

So, where does your ALL name originate from? Was it random? Or spur of the moment? Or something you've always used?

Mine, I thought of it a couple weeks back. I love vanilla stuff... I use almost everything vanilla possible. So, I thought of this name, and it stuck with me.

This is my real name:p

Sanal:p means "stem of a lotus" and also "good behavior"

Edit: O yeh and Zak is shortform of my full name. Its actually Sak but I made it Zak

I used Fender because I play a Fender Showmaster guitar, and I work on cars a lot. :cool:

I really like the name "Lawrence" even though it's not my real name, but usually it's taken when I use it as an username, so I changed it to Lawrens and used that ever since :)

SophiaGrace is my pen name when I write and also the name I want to name my daughter when I have kids :)

OH! you should have a "whats in an avatar" thread too :D

SophiaGrace said:
SophiaGrace is my pen name when I write and also the name I want to name my daughter when I have kids :)

OH! you should have a "whats in an avatar" thread too :D

Wow Cool! I like your name, too.

Lonesome Crow is a Record Label and Album Title
for the band Scorpions :p

I was loading old music the sameday I signed up to this site.
I felt like lonely and like crap. Google lonely..found Alonelylife.
It all just fits...:p

I go by a different name in the chat room...lmao
Rocket is short for Rocket2d4. It's a code name..saying I'm friend of BW.lol
Poeple that read the book would know who i am...
Rocket2d4 came from a sentence from a blue book.
"Rocketed to the 4th dimension and into the spirit of the sunlight"
It's about peace, love, happiness, spirituality and getting in touch with god.
In other words..heaven, right here , right now here on earth.

Plus I'm a rock N roll maniac...I play the electric guitar like a madman.
It all fits..:p

This is actually my original user name from way way back. Must be 15 (+-) years now since I first started using that. It's evolved over the last decade or so. I now go by "SirLDragon" on all the other boards that I belong to. I chose the "Dragon" because I've always seen myself as a sort of guardian or protector, but also a monster that no one wants around.

Lawrens, thanks! Lawrence is my given name. ;)

It's a band I like, but also, I like the concept of the name... sometimes we feel like there's more inside of us than the world will allow us to let out... that unfulfilled something, you know?

aFIREinside80 said:
It's a band I like, but also, I like the concept of the name... sometimes we feel like there's more inside of us than the world will allow us to let out... that unfulfilled something, you know?

Ye I know what you mean. All that hidden preternatural. Guss you have to be moor creative in finding ways to get it out. But ye I think if you have the right friends around you then that well complement your personality and then that well make it easier to let out what is inside you for the world to see the real you.

"I didn't name myself after the metal band nevermore, it actually comes from Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven, my favorite poem more specifically from this stanza:

Much I marveled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning - little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door -
Bird or beast above the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as `Nevermore.'

...And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

best line ever:D"

I wrote that here, has a lot of other people's responses too:
http://www.alonelylife.com/your-username-origin-t-2975.html

I actually googled a random word generator and decided that the first word that it generates will be my nick on this forum- hence.

At the same time though the nick fits me well in some ways, but then that's another story.

I stole my nickname from the song "Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)" by Dark Tranquillity, whice has been one of my favorit bands for many years. :)

Most of the time I use the nickname "Garenth", whice I just made up, a couple of years ago. I identify much more to it than to my real name. It seems to be fairly unique aswell, if you Google it you mostly find stuff by me. Hmm, that's kinda creepy actually. :p

If I am not wrong, lingo actually means apple in Japanese. The name just came into my mind and so~~~~ it become my nick. =)

its from an old email account i set up years ago as querida menina
it is portuguese and is an affectionate term like darling or cherished, and then menina is girl....it always sounds better in the native tongue than when translated haha

aha when i saw your name i was thinking that was the case and i kept meaning to ask you,
yay AFI is awesome go you!

my name of course is pretty obvious i'm a huge fan of evanescence i just love them and since i was born in 91 and i just kinda thought well it's me and i like that the sound of it seems to have a rhythm to it (of course i may just be imagining it)

and i like typing it in becuase it's fun, and i can do it without thinking now becuase i type it so often and now i'll always know how to spell evanescence, which i think is cool becuase it use to throw me a little when i was grafiting it on the corners of my desk when i got bored

:D

I like THE PUNISHER because some people should be punished and they deserve it.
The picture is of the forest of the impaled, vlad the impaler did a good job of stopping the muslims take over his land.
It's sad he turned into a monster after and killed his own people, the naughty boy.

Latest posts

Back