What's the point of life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAYtheMAGNIFICENT

Reaction score
Why does life matter? When we die, we become nothing, and everything we worked so hard to accomplish in life becomes meaningless.
Sure, you could try to help others, but they die too, so any help you give them is ultimately pointless as well.

I don't get the point of my life.It really wouldn't matter if I died.
Yeah, I'm kinda sad today:(

I personally don't need a great meaning for my life.

I do my best to enjoy what happens to me, good AND bad... because everything is a rich experience. I'm just glad I exist to experience things. :)

I think we all need to write the meaning of our lives ourselves. No recipe book or manual for it. Look to what you want out of it and enjoy within it and go from there...:)

Badjedidude said:
I personally don't need a great meaning for my life.

I do my best to enjoy what happens to me, good AND bad... because everything is a rich experience. I'm just glad I exist to experience things. :)

i agree BJD. whenever i start to question my existence and the point of this life i think of how it would be if i was gone. then i think of the things i would miss out on and i realize that their is no point to life, its the journey that matters.

Look, you wanna know the truth?

There is no point.

The start of life is the same. The end of life is the same. We're all born and we all die, it's what you do between the two that matters, like edge said.

All you can do is do your best to make the ride a little better.

i ask myself that all the time. what are we doing here, man??? we live, we die, and we make it to the other side. then what?..................

I believe there is a purpose to life. Check out this post I made a while ago. (Caution: it's rather deeply philosophical!)

Badjedidude said:

Bravo!! Well said BJD! :D

I realise this echoes what many have said before but in my view there is no grand design, we are not born with a purpose, but I believe life is precious, without life there is just nothing. So while I have this brief opportunity I like to make the most of it by helping others enjoy their time (enjoying myself in the process) because once my life is over I'll at least have made some good use of it.
To waste it or wish it away would be one of the most pointless things I could do.
That's how I feel anyway, a bit drawn out I guess, it's what you do while your here that counts.
I hope somebody on here has made you feel better.

Latest posts

Back