What's your next small goal in life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was last year, i would say be debt free, but this year i am just taking a day at a time :D

I'm goal-less!

I meant it more in the sense of a goal for today or this week, think small people! If you only look at the gigantic big things, big chances are they will take you down with them if they do not go as planned. :p Always start a wall with a single brick! :)

Losing 25 more pounds and getting my cdl. Both should only take a few months :)

I don't really have any shorter term goals than that because that's all I'm really focused on. I guess make money. =P

Getting this stupid term paper done. Even if it's only a short-term goal and I know it's doable, it feels like an insurmountable task right now >_>

Get the software I'm writing to a point where it's proven to be feasible.
It must be just around the corner now. But the code's complexity is growing, so I'm slowing down.

perfanoff said:
It must be just around the corner now. But the code's complexity is growing, so I'm slowing down.

Same, although I use an old programming language (Old version of it anyway), but I enjoy writing handy little tools.

As for the short term goal, to be able to get a proper nights sleep and not wake up multiple times like the last few nights!

Get my cats to stop eating the other's food. It's become a game. Unfortunately one gets regular food and the other gets a digestively-sensitive formula. They like to take two bites and as soon as I look away, they switch places and gobble the other one's food down. This results in massive bouts of cat diarrhea blown about in a fashion reminiscent of projectile vomit. One would think some sort of innate sense or general dislike of liquid-honeysuckle would stop this behavior. Alas, no. They know it drives me bonkers so, of course (like children), they do it. So my newest "small" goal is to get a handle on this situation. :p

9006 said:
perfanoff said:

Same, although I use an old programming language (Old version of it anyway), but I enjoy writing handy little tools.

As for the short term goal, to be able to get a proper nights sleep and not wake up multiple times like the last few nights!

Fortran or something? Delphi?

I've done some programming, it can get really complicated, so good luck!

For me I have to push to the finish, I have so many half done projects, so this next week or so I'm concentrating on finishing the editing of a book to get it released, plus at least 1k of words per day for book 2!

Not to let the disastrous relationship I just extricated myself from be the death of my self-esteem.

Gutted said:
Now that I have a bigger income, my next goal is to save.

That's an honorable goal and a wise one. I used to have savings along with a retirement and college fund for the kid. No more of that silliness though. Proud member of the working poor - all because my ex wanted to have her vagina stimulated in new and exciting ways by new and exciting people. Ah, people.....

lose those stupid 8 extra pounds! learn to sleep on hard beds so I can go to India and South America

Peaches said:
lose those stupid 8 extra pounds! learn to sleep on hard beds so I can go to India and South America
Try wearing ankle weights whenever you can. It will amaze you at how much they help burn away the fat.

Latest posts

Back