Whats your phobia?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is letting down other people? Is there a phobia for that?

9006 said:
Disapointphobia I think

Lol!

A quick Google found Atychiphobia - But thats fear of failure, I'm not so bothered about failure for myself, just letting others down.

Now I've let you all down :(

I will fall on my sword in shame..............

Ok I can see a problem developing here! I think the OP should edit to tell everyone to include what the hell the phobia is, because I for one can't be bothered to Google them all :D

I use to have an extreme fear of dogs, this probably has some fancy name, but i can't be bothered to look it up at the moment.

Most definitely Friggatriskaidekaphobia :)

On a serious note, probably Cynophobia - I've had to fend off aggressive dogs before, sometimes I still get an adrenaline rush when I pass close to one, and I feel like kicking it.

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (no I've not made this word up!) has got to be the best, I think someone was having a laugh making the longest word in the English dictionary.. meaning the fear of long words! :D

EDIT: If you have a fear of long words, don't read the first sentence.

Acrophobia - fear of heights.
Octophobia - fear of moving vehicles (or being in one - but this doesn't really affect me as much).
Not sure what this is called - fear of automatic sliding doors (almost overcoming this though!)
Claustrophobia - fear of small or enclosed spaces or rooms (tight-necked clothing is also considered a trigger - and that basically drives me nuts!!)

Fear of being in deep water, a combination of aquaphobia and thalassophobia, and a dislike (as opposed to a fear) of religious people, which I call antiatheophobia for wont of a better term. I had two shark encounters in my 20's, which explains the first one. The second one I just put down to my experience, mostly bad, of people who believe in a 'higher power'.

9006 said:
hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (no I've not made this word up!) has got to be the best, I think someone was having a laugh making the longest word in the English dictionary.. meaning the fear of long words! :D

EDIT: If you have a fear of long words, don't read the first sentence.

That's not the longest word. This is the longest word.

http://gizmodo.com/5962401/the-longest-word-in-english-takes-35-hours-to-pronounce

I'm kind of afraid of getting too close to someone, but afraid of being completely alone.

Sounds like what I have.

Latest posts

Back