Whats your phobia?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weirdquietgirl said:
BrokenInside said:
weirdquietgirl said:
I'm kind of afraid of getting too close to someone, but afraid of being completely alone.

This is avoidant personality trait.

Sometimes I think I have avoidant personality disorder.

Your case is much better than my friend's, whom I've barely made to make 2 posts here.

I'm afraid to put my biggest fears in writing, on the off chance that a serial killer will use them against me, like in that one episode of criminal minds. I think this is basically classed as some kind of weird paranoia, but honestly, it's true ;\

9006 said:
bulmabriefs144 said:

Load of garbage, don't always believe what you read on the net :)

It's the longest technical word (assuming it's correctly laid out). Basically, it's (an unnecessary) mapout of the chemical chains of connectin (AKA titin). http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061113221628AAxlNn5

But your word is the longest dictionary word, since chemical chains are not considered dictionary valid (they'd probably refer to it by its repeating sequences).

Titin, also known as connectin, (UniProt name: Q10466_HUMAN; accession number: Q10466) is a protein that is important in the contraction of striated muscle tissues. Titin connects the Z line to the M line in the sarcomere. The protein limits the range of motion of the sarcomere in tension, thus contributing to the passive stiffness of muscle. Variations in the sequence of titin between different types of muscle (e.g. cardiac or skeletal) has been correlated with differences in the mechanical properties of the muscles.

Titin is the largest known protein, consisting of 26,926 amino acids. The molecular weight of the mature protein is approximately 2,993,451.39 Da, and it has a theoretical pI of 6.35 [1]. The protein's chemical formula is C132983H211861N36149O40883S693. It has a theoretical instability index (II) of 39.69, indicating that it would be stable in a test tube. The protein's in vivo half-life, the time it takes for half of the amount of protein in a cell to disappear after its synthesis in the cell, is predicted to be approximately 30 hours (in mammalian reticulocytes).

As the largest known protein, titin has the longest full chemical name. The full chemical name, containing 189,819 letters, is sometimes claimed to be the longest word in the English language:

I have avoidant and/or schizoid. Pretty flat personality, and when I do engage with people, they can only get so close, because if I feel controlled I push them away.

I don't know if it's a phobia per se, but I'm irrationally paranoid about someone breaking into my house. At night, I look behind doors before I go all the way into a room (even if I was in said room 15 seconds and it's literally impossible someone could've sneaked in without me noticing) and on really bad nights, I check inside my closet before I go to bed or any other place someone could potentially hide (even if they would have to be a midget to fit back there). Naturally, I've also given lots of thought to which items in my room could best me used as improvised weapons in an emergency.

Claustrophobia of a sort. Usually heat and noise triggered. So cramped spaces not so much an issue. Cramped places rammed with people, loud noise and heat and I am on the verge of a sociopathic episode

Santa. That jolly ******* has a terrible habit of raiding my wallet every December.

WildernessWildChild said:
Santa. That jolly ******* has a terrible habit of raiding my wallet every December.

My kid doesnt believe in Santa - I cant even blame him if she doesn't get what she wants or thinks what she got was lame. o_O

People - especially the estrogen filled variety type - creepy, crawly things, and anything that can have me for dinner like an alligator.

Latest posts

Back