When women talk about sex with friends...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astral_Punisher

Reaction score
OK, so I thought I would pose this question to the forum:

You are a woman.
You have a partner in your life (and have had sex with them).
You are with a group of your best friends.
The topic of sex comes around.

What do you share about about your sex life to your friends? :p

Do you talk about your partners performance/stamina/creativity/physical attributes, or something else?

I ask because I have, in the past, entered a girl-only party (with my girlfriend in attendance), only to have them look at my junk, giggle, blush, and titter for 10 minutes straight, not knowing if they were poking fun or jealous (unlikely, LoL).

I read a post on another forum by a woman who was married about what she says and why she does it. According to her, a lot of women will hit on or try to steal the attention/affection of married men for some kind of ego boost. So, to avoid that and save herself and her husband the trouble, she would make her husband sound not very romantic, not great in bed, etc. In her mind she was protecting him. I know that is one extreme and is only one woman's explanation.

I do have a few female friends that will complain about their boyfriends being bad at sex. Never really anything about a guy's size though, just performance. And they don't do it to try to belittle their guys. They are just legitimately complaining. Any woman that did belittle their man in front of me would lose any respect in my books.

I personally have no idea what happens woman to woman. I'm sure it all depends on what crowds they hang out with.

Astral_Punisher said:
What do you share about about your sex life to your friends? :p

That’s like asking how long a piece of string is, there just isn’t a concrete answer that applies all the time due to the sheer amount of variables.

Next time it happens just smile and walk on ;)

Uhm.

Virgin here.

I have never spoken about sex with friends. Sex (or at least my desires) are a private affair for me.

I'm married. I openly talk about all the categories you've listed and then some with my friends, particularly when things are going rather well in that department. Although some women prefer to keep things private and discreet, or need to be really comfortable with their friends for them to open up to them in that way, other women, such as myself, don't need to get too comfortable because of a malfunctioning filter when it comes to that subject. And so, everything is on the table, and I usually find most of my friends are equally open about the subject. :p

But, in my experience, most will never say anything really negative or embarrassing about their partner unless there are really serious issues. And, if they care about their partner, they won't be too harsh. It's usually after they're broken up that the real claws come out.

I think the only sex talk I had with a friend of mine was when she was worrying if she's pregnant. That was the first time we found out she had enter the sinful ways (joking (hehe)) I remember asking her, is sex like what they seem in movies? all clean and sensual? cos imagine liking someone's skin.. now that would be slimy, right?, then she said.. nah sex is a very dirty business. sometimes you'd both smell of sweat. ha! I hope I wasn't too explicit. :shy:

I don't share much. It's my personal thing, and I don't pry into other folk's sex life. If someone happens to tell me something, that's fine, we can talk about it. Other than that, I keep my own to myself.

So from what I gather, the general consensus appears to be that most people are about as open as the group they are with.

Thank you all for your responses - Although, I have to be honest, I was expecting (hoping? :p) for some more 'juicy' details! LOL.

Astral_Punisher said:
I ask because I have, in the past, entered a girl-only party (with my girlfriend in attendance), only to have them look at my junk, giggle, blush, and titter for 10 minutes straight, not knowing if they were poking fun or jealous (unlikely, LoL).

Wait, what? You mean like you were naked? Or they were "just" staring at your crotch and presumably using X-Ray Lady Vision™?

Either's pretty unusual! o_0

I've overheard girls say some pretty rude things, but I've never heard a girl really go into specifics - and I've never heard guys go into specifics either. Which I think is nice actually.

I've always thought sex is a really personal topic, which is what makes it special. If there were any issues with a sexual relationship I'd expect my partner to talk to me about them in private, not moan about it to her friends. This is also the reason I'd never mention any of that stuff to my friends either.

floffyschneeman said:
I remember asking her, is sex like what they seem in movies? all clean and sensual? cos imagine liking someone's skin.. now that would be slimy, right?, then she said.. nah sex is a very dirty business. sometimes you'd both smell of sweat. ha! I hope I wasn't too explicit.

I find it quite weird actually that people enjoy it at all. The act of rolling around and grappling with a sweaty lump of frenzied humanity seems a bit gross when you think about it!

I think gentle innocent snuggling and kissing sounds way more fun, but then again I'm a weirdo presumably... :shy:

I won't share anything that really meant something to me. I'm possessive of those memories. I think there's a pretty crappy sharing culture nowadays and personally I think it cheapens a lot of our dearest moments. For me the moment someone else hears it its lost forever. Thankfully for me my ex is a fiercely private person without laddy mates so I know he's not talking about the stuff either.

As for other people telling me, well I don't have a group of girlie friends and I couldn't care less about what my sister gets up to to be honest. I'd rather talk about cars or something...:rolleyes:

TheSolitaryMan said:
Astral_Punisher said:

Wait, what? You mean like you were naked? Or they were "just" staring at your crotch and presumably using X-Ray Lady Vision™?

Either's pretty unusual! o_0

I've overheard girls say some pretty rude things, but I've never heard a girl really go into specifics - and I've never heard guys go into specifics either. Which I think is nice actually.

I've always thought sex is a really personal topic, which is what makes it special. If there were any issues with a sexual relationship I'd expect my partner to talk to me about them in private, not moan about it to her friends. This is also the reason I'd never mention any of that stuff to my friends either.

floffyschneeman said:
I remember asking her, is sex like what they seem in movies? all clean and sensual? cos imagine liking someone's skin.. now that would be slimy, right?, then she said.. nah sex is a very dirty business. sometimes you'd both smell of sweat. ha! I hope I wasn't too explicit.

I find it quite weird actually that people enjoy it at all. The act of rolling around and grappling with a sweaty lump of frenzied humanity seems a bit gross when you think about it!

I think gentle innocent snuggling and kissing sounds way more fun, but then again I'm a weirdo presumably... :shy:

LOL - I was not naked! I was just in some tight jeans, and a tight shirt (could see my package and my abs). I felt kind of happy that I was 'good' according to what my girlfriend said she had simply 'mentioned' (she passed the notion that I was good in the sack - not details :p).

And if women have such X-Ray vision, then where can a man find the male equivalent??? Would make for interesting dinner conversation..
Me: "So, you're a Victoria Secrets kind of girl, eh? ;)"
Her: :club:!

As for sharing 'sex-life' information - I have mentioned in passing to my mates (when they pry and tease) that my gf is good in the sack - no details. It gets them off my back, and as far as I'm concerned, they are men - they have probably JO'ed to thoughts of my gf anyways - nothing I say or don't say is going to change that.

Also, I have to agree bout the 'sweaty lump of frenzied humanity' thing - I'm generally a fastidious person when it comes to cleanliness - I sometimes shower both before and after sex because I like to be clean for her, and after, my face will be all sweaty and such - I don't like sleeping when my face is all messy like that.

Girls love cock. Girls talk about cock. A lot. They talk about size and performance. They judge cocks. They google "penis" and they like to watch guys jack off. Girls are fascinated by cock.

miltonbradley said:
Girls love cock. Girls talk about cock. A lot. They talk about size and performance. They judge cocks. They google "penis" and they like to watch guys jack off. Girls are fascinated by cock.

Who doesn't love cock? :rolleyes:

Barbaloot said:
miltonbradley said:

Who doesn't love cock? :rolleyes:

Barb I luv you (hug)

I LOVE cock :D

I like the idea of sharing very private things only with the one person you want to show all yourself to. It's like having a secret world of your own and a very exclusive bond. Probably that's part of me being possessive and jealous.

Latest posts

Back