When you feel so alone… what do you do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eh? said:
I get by fine during the week. I have work to occupy me.
During the weekend is when loneliness hits.
I either sleep the days away or lay around watching horrible movies.

work,same as studies, can really be a good scapegoat... that's why i used to hate weekends during my schooldays wayback...

When I'm desperate and I've stopped crying, I write to my ex wife on an online Blog that I started.

On it I post videos and pics, and I tell her how much I still love her.

She doesn't read it although she knows of its existence.

I also write letters to her. I plead for another chance, but she just throws them away. I can't stop myself though, even though it makes me look an idiot

I usually turn on some soothing music and start to think about things in life. Big and small. From my own petty problems into pondering about the primal substance of existence. Though sometimes I cling on the negative things so much I just end up feeling sorry for myself and wallowing in self-pity. To the point when I only feel hatred towards everything in this world.

But when things really start to look grim, I grab a bottle and drink till I don't feel anything. After the hangover has passed I usually feel lot better and can get a grip on my life again.

wah said:
I try to get away from people as far as I can.

I’ve tried that…and I felt nothing more than isolated…but it can really bring good feelings if your loneliness is ‘acute’ and somehow curable with spending more time understanding the whole situation and understanding yourself…

Frostburn said:
To the point when I only feel hatred towards everything in this world.

With all the bitterness and anger and hatred…This can lead to serious inner self-destruction… I’ve been there… and I know at some point I will still be…

RobertJW said:
When I'm desperate and I've stopped crying, I write to my ex wife on an online Blog that I started.

On it I post videos and pics, and I tell her how much I still love her.

She doesn't read it although she knows of its existence.

I also write letters to her. I plead for another chance, but she just throws them away. I can't stop myself though, even though it makes me look an idiot

Whoa… that’s really sweet (despite the fact that it can also be called as acts of ‘martyrdom’ Lol!)….

Why did you two fell apart anyway?...

Here’s my objective point of view on the situation…

It’s either you hurt her so much that it will really took a great while to cover up the scars from the wound you caused…that she may or she may not forgive you…that she may or she may not love you back again…

Or

If she already fell in love for someone else, all you have to do is try to move on…step by step. Meaning, you have to undergo a lot of crying/emotional things at first, get over the denial phase until you reach that acceptance point…this may take months to years, but what you just have to do is move forward. Start loving again yourself so that when another chance of love comes to your way, you’ll be more than ready to accept it…

Long story, I cant bring it all up again (sorry) but it was my fault, and now I'm divorced and lonely, and I think I will die lonely and sad.

Being over 40 and single is honeysuckle, take it from me :(

RobertJW said:
Long story, I cant bring it all up again (sorry) but it was my fault, and now I'm divorced and lonely, and I think I will die lonely and sad.

It’s ok…

Hey, whatever that was, I hope you’ll find serenity in yourself soon…

When I feel lonely I sometimes listen to my ipod on almost full volume. As if the noise could tune out my thoughts and feelings >.<

Reading usually makes them go away, though. Submerging myself into an entirely different world forces me to think about problems other than my own. I can forget about who I am, what I've been through, stuff like that for hours. I love getting lost in stories. Works like an antidote, almost. Not quite. There's still that lingering afterthought. But for the most part, it's enough for me.

music
alonelylife
chatting

and if i have no access to these..
i write down the pain i feel and cry

I feel that quite frequently. Usually I just distract myself with a game or something....but on the bad days where it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel, I basically just come home and lay down till I'm hungry. Usually I cry a bit, or I'll watch people out my window. The first girl I ever tried to get a phone number from works right across the street basically :\

Sometimes I'll call my friends and see if they wanna go fishing, but they're usually busy. So a common passtime is to just imagine what it must be like to have a girlfriend. :\ Usually I can coax myself out of it. You just have to make yourself do something. Clean the house some, force yourself to cook a meal, fold clothes...you just have to do it.

The only times I really -cant- cope with are when I get that really intense feeling of aloneness and despair. They usually follow an incredibly vivid, emotionally unpleasant dream, and result in actual physical pain in my chest and gut...at one point so bad I was about to drag myself to a doctor. Those are my darkest hours, and it seems like each 'episode' only lasts longer.

Brian said:
The only times I really -cant- cope with are when I get that really intense feeling of aloneness and despair. They usually follow an incredibly vivid, emotionally unpleasant dream, and result in actual physical pain in my chest and gut...at one point so bad I was about to drag myself to a doctor. Those are my darkest hours, and it seems like each 'episode' only lasts longer.

that must be horrible. i can sort of relate to what you're saying. i dont get physical pains but...

sometimes i have dreams that i am with a girl that i really really love. she smiles at me and is beautiful. i hold her hand and we walk past looking into shops. when i wake up, its the most ******* horrible thing ever! i used to live in an apartment 26 floors, up, one time i had that dream i was so upset, being in that mood and having my dream *literally* shattered made me want to throw myself out, it was ******* horrible.

Brian said:
Sometimes I'll call my friends and see if they wanna go fishing, but they're usually busy. So a common passtime is to just imagine what it must be like to have a girlfriend. :\

haha.

when i hug my pillow i pretend its my ex and i think back to the times when we cuddled and conversations we had and the way she looked at me and how she couldnt see without her glasses. eh..

I go to bed. Would rather sleep than be awake and depressed.

I went to bed at 4.00pm saturday (yesterday) until 9.30am today. At least thats another shitty day out of the way

RobertJW said:
I go to bed. Would rather sleep than be awake and depressed.

I went to bed at 4.00pm saturday (yesterday) until 9.30am today. At least thats another shitty day out of the way

Hallo Robert. Long time no see. I know what you mean. I sleep a lot when am depressed. I am not depressed at the moment. Actually I have been feeling pretty good just lately. I have been a sleep for an hour this afternoon thou. Sundays are boring days. I don't really feel depressed just board and lonely. Can you be lonely with out being depressed? I Guss I get used to feeling like this. I have seen no one all over the weekend.

Anyway just wonted to say HI :)

Bluey said:
Can you be lonely with out being depressed?

Some can I suppose, but I can't.

There seems to be less and less people to talk to as the weeks go by. My inbox is just full of spam.

And I am totally dreading Christmas - last year was bad enough, but another Christmas alone is, I fear, going to be the death of me

I feel that way every single day. I'm alienating myself from my friends and I can't help it. I also cannot bear to talk about how I'm feeling, so they probably just think I'm being an evil wench. I will sit and think about my loneliness, then ignore a phone call. I don't know why I feel this way, I just wish it would go away. Music helps though. Nothing makes me feel better than blaring a good R&B song and singing along. Even though it's just some rich singer, I feel for a moment that someone actually feels what I'm gonig through. As for the long term alleviation of the pain, well I'll let you know when I figure that out.

well when i am depressed and not work or uni . i download as much tv shows and anime and just watch
there is no fix for my loneless . just waste time i go to bed hug my BIG pillow and watch shows for happy ppl
if i think i die from inside. and no matter what i do it doesnt change

First of all!!! I love the picture callista!!!

I go make brownies and eat them with milk and then no matter really what time it is i take a nap!

I'm a real baby when it comes to coping with that.

callista_05 said:
What helps alleviate your pain when you feel so alone? Or I mean, do you guys ever felt that nagging pain of wanting someone to talk to?... but for some invalid or irrational reasons, you just cant?... how did you deal with it?

I don't deal with it. If I do in fact have a particularly crappy and lonely day, I make every attempt to keep myself preoccupied with music, video games or a decent (or not so decent) movie. I also enjoy coming here and posting insane drivel that no one knows how to respond to. These activities keep the beast at bay.

Denial...it's what's for dinner! :(

Latest posts

Back