where are you meant to go when u feel alone in the world

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Badjedidude said:
I get your point, but this is not really funny.

At all.

With all the evil churches have committed, and still do--not the least of which is preying on lonely people, sucking their wallet in the process, as well as inciting the masses to terrorize and bash gays...

Wasn't meant to be funny.

At all.

But someone in this forum suggesting church as a cure for loneliness, was far less funny than my own comment (if "funny" is your measurement of worth).

Freeman888 said:
With all the evil churches have committed, and still do--not the least of which is preying on lonely people, sucking their wallet in the process, as well as inciting the masses to terrorize and bash gays...

Sounds like you have an unbalanced grudge toward churches. I believe you're seriously overgeneralizing here.

There are VERY FEW churches that "incite the masses" to "bash gays"...the only reason you see it on the news a lot is because radical, nutty churches like that are BOUND to show up in the media more than the quiet, decent church that strives to help its community in more acceptable ways.

I have found that most churches are gathering places for good people who need something to believe in, and it gives those people an opportunity to find worth in helping their community and giving service to others around them.

I don't know why you say that churches "prey on lonely people" and "suck their wallet." Religious people tithe (give money to God) of their own accord, because a church DOES need money to continue operating. This isn't a FREE WORLD. It's mainly only the huge TV-evangelical mega-churches that really gouge the people for their money, and those people are as fake as can be.

I suggest you perhaps experience a bit more of religion or churches before you begin blanket-judging every single one of them based on a few unfortunate personal experiences and biased personal opinion.

Freeman888 said:
But someone in this forum suggesting church as a cure for loneliness, was far less funny than my own comment (if "funny" is your measurement of worth).

I agree, a church isn't going to instantly cure ANYTHING...and to just tell people to go to church to "fix" themselves is highly ignorant.

I wish I knew. I often feel like I'm at the wrong place and in the wrong time period. It's hard to explain, but I just get the feeling that "this isn't how it was supposed to be". I try my best to ignore it and instead attempt to move forward, not necessarily with my life situation but with my thoughts and feelings.

If its anything like this, you can keep it,

This was posted to me online a few months ago...pretty sick

Badjedidude said:
Sounds like you have an unbalanced grudge toward churches. I believe you're seriously overgeneralizing here.

Wrong wrong wrong.

There are VERY FEW churches that "incite the masses" to "bash gays"

Wrong wrong wrong.

...the only reason you see it on the news a lot is because radical, nutty churches like that are BOUND to show up in the media more than the quiet, decent church that strives to help its community in more acceptable ways.

Wrong wrong wrong..

I'm sure as a gay activist who keeps up with gay-relevant news (ever since 1973), that I know a heck of a lot more about this topic, than yourself. You have NO IDEA how many "well-meaning" heteros I encounter, who insist on being the last word on gay issues...even though they have never bothered to read an LGBT newspaper or online news source...and that I *specialize* in that field while they most certainly do *not*! Actually, your kind are a dime a dozen! (And embarrassed to admit, I run across the same sort of ignorance by many of my gay brothers, who for whatever weird reason, don't care to be "political". Middle class snobbery knows no bounds, I guess.)

There is nothing unbalanced when one shows disdain, disgust and outrage against Nazi style terrorism...typical of *many* Christian institutions. Your "good" churches do very little to squelch the homophobia (and racism, etc.) spewed by the radically-insane churches. Thus these "good" churches give silent approval to their radical associates...*more* silence when it comes to gays than to any *other* civil rights.

I refuse to feel any obligation to "educate" you to the truth of a matter which is *easily* revealed by using a search engine.

I suggest you perhaps experience a bit more of religion or churches before you begin blanket-judging every single one of them based on a few unfortunate personal experiences and biased personal opinion.

Believe me, I have experienced more than enough religious hypocrisy and dogma to puke across the entire planet for a thousand centuries. I love cultural anthopology and have studied over the years, world religions and other belief systems. I have found that even our most *liberal* churches maintain a high level of phoniness, particularly when it comes to homosexuality. Truly gay-friendly churches remain extremely few and far between.

Our powerful right-wing churches a.k.a. "The Family" pretty much own the Republican Party, starting with Reagan...and are the major force behind the dismantling of our civil rights, encouraging anti-gay bashing, along with your typical redneck idiocies. They are highly influential in African nations, specifically encouraging the harassment, imprisonment, and violence against homosexuals. Including one Rick Warren, who Obama was thoughtless in having this crooked preacher--a strict fundamentaist--give the opening ceremony...when he could have selected a minister that would be progressive and well educated, and worldly.

I want to mention now, that--except for our nonsectarian laws that hold them back--Christians in Amerika would be just as brutal against sexual minorities, as Muslims presently are. And if things continue turning to the right, politically, it may come to this. We pretty much have an antigay holocaust worldwide now...what with the Muslim nations and the Catholic Church speaking so arrogantly against gay people. And with rather pathetic resistance by our most gay-friendly nations...well, much is left to be desired.

I can go on, but as I already said, your own ignorance in never looking into gay politics makes you paint a pathetically rosy picture of churches, as well as blithely--even willfully--clueless as to how badly gays are treated in Amerika, and across the world, with rare exception.

What's your excuse? The truth is at your fingertips, your keyboard...use a search engine. I won't even bother to give you a short list of gay news sites that cover this aspect of newsworthy happenings...which are mostly ignored by mainstream media...and twisted around by right-wing zealot sites.

Well, I'll give you *three* links...all created by yours truly. It includes many of my news articles and insightful essays regarding the gay plight...with *many* relevant links to back up my statements:

http://www.gay-bible.org

You will also benefit by visiting my old blog, which contains 90% gay issues:

http://ezekielk.tblog.com

My new blog site, I only started a few months ago, thus does not have such a rich collection yet, of gay article by yours truly. But it's at:

http://zekeblog.wordpress.com

You are obviously ill informed on gay issues, and I do not care one whit to waste my time in a one-on-one debate. That's why I've posted many original pro-gay pieces to my sites...for if I have anything to argue, enlighten, or question in this matter, it's better to have a wider audience than just one. Many were written for people just like you...for my articles have informative links to expand your understanding.

Now, do your homework. If you actually do care to clear up your ignorance. Your claim about homophobic churches being an exception, and not the rule, here in Amerika, is just plain insulting.

:club:

PS: Okay, I did add (embed) links for your enlightenment, in my comment to you...I took that time a little later, and edited them in. Do yourself a big favor, and check 'em out.

ghostly..theroadhome said:
If its anything like this, you can keep it,

This was posted to me online a few months ago...pretty sick

Hmmm, "Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple". Yes, disgusting
but important to be informed as to what religious fanaticism often becomes. What charity religions might perform, is outweighed (and thus negated) many times over, by terrorist dogma in the name of their god.

FWIW, I do believe in a creator...consider myself a pagan with an animistic persuasion. In my almost 60 years' existence on this sorry planet, I have yet to find any church or other organized religious institution, that is truly compassionate, and cares about one's soul. It's all about money. And power. Even Jesus of the New Testament (a book of Christian myth), warned people about the end times...for he claimed that by then, many who preach in his name are evil hypocrites, every one of 'em a Judas, persecutor of the innocent. What does that tell you? Don't trust anyone who boasts about being a Christian!

Enough for now...I have lots to say in this matter, as religious dogma is a main cause of so much loneliness in many people's lives. Thanks for citing that gruesome video, it's a good reminder of the dangers of religious fanaticism. How many desperate and lonely souls were suckered into this diabolical end! Talk about taking advantage of lonely persons' deep need for trust, companionship, and meaning in one's life! And what was their reward for their trust? Crucifixion by Kool-Aid!

Garenth said:
It's hard to explain, but I just get the feeling that "this isn't how it was supposed to be".

One of life's mysteries...and an unpleasant, unwelcome, cruel and undeserved mystery. I have concluded this is a world where evil rules...and it is the challenge to never succumb. And in that way our souls are strengthened, evolved into better beings. I don't get this from Christianity, BTW, which religion has actually stolen the wisdom from earlier, more ancient cultures, claimed it as their own, and distorted much of this to suit their greed for power.

I try my best to ignore it and instead attempt to move forward, not necessarily with my life situation but with my thoughts and feelings.

That is the best way to go, as frustrating as it may be. Don't ever get so bitter or disgusted, as to become just like those who hate you and try to wreck your life every inch of the way. Have faith in yourself, keep doing what you know is the right thing. For those of us who suffer social isolation through no fault of our own, it is a very tough row to hoe. And I sure wish I could change this for myself, and for all other lonely-but-kind souls!

Freeman888 said:
Badjedidude said:
There are VERY FEW churches that "incite the masses" to "bash gays"

Wrong wrong wrong.

Proof is needed, not personal opinion.

Freeman888 said:
There is nothing unbalanced when one shows disdain, disgust and outrage against Nazi style terrorism...typical of *many* Christian institutions. Your "good" churches do very little to squelch the homophobia (and racism, etc.) spewed by the radically-insane churches. Thus these "good" churches give silent approval to their radical associates...*more* silence when it comes to gays than to any *other* civil rights.

I refuse to feel any obligation to "educate" you to the truth of a matter which is *easily* revealed by using a search engine.

Again, you're overgeneralizing. I grew up in churches (my dad being a pastor) and through those eighteen years or so, I NEVER encountered the sort of "gay-bashing" that you're talking about. So is it coincidence that all of those churches I've been through are the exception to the rule? I think not.

You just have an axe to grind and you've convinced yourself that your personal views are the "be all, end all" of the world. This is a dangerously niave attitude to hold to.

"Educate me?" Don't make me laugh.

Freeman888 said:
I can go on, but as I already said, your own ignorance in never looking into gay politics makes you paint a pathetically rosy picture of churches, as well as blithely--even willfully--clueless as to how badly gays are treated in Amerika, and across the world, with rare exception.

What's your excuse? The truth is at your fingertips, your keyboard...use a search engine. I won't even bother to give you a short list of gay news sites that cover this aspect of newsworthy happenings...which are mostly ignored by mainstream media...and twisted around by right-wing zealot sites.

I don't need an excuse. I just don't see right-wing politics (or left, for that matter) as being a hateful invading monster the way that you do.

You tell me that "right-wing" media twists the words of reputable gay-issues websites? Wow, sounds like an attack on "the enemy." I have an idea that BOTH sides of the issue twist EACH OTHER'S words EQUALLY, hence the big hubbub on the issue in general.

So naturally when I hear someone (namely, YOU) aggressively attacking the "other side" with such gusto and bluster, I tend to give your opinion less merit. Heated, bitter anger against the "opposition" does nothing but flame the fires of ignorance, so I usually end up ignoring those who discuss these issues in the manner which you are pursuing, Freeman888.

If you want people to actually listen to you, it might be advantageous to calm the hell down and try to talk about this without so much anger and emotion. None of what you've said in your post above is FACT, but personal opinion. Try to remember that and bring some facts to the table next time.

Badjedidude said:
Proof is needed, not personal opinion.

Proof, as I already claimed, is at your finger tips. Can you say "search engine"? Be that as it may, I went back to my comment, and added tons of proof in the form of links. Go back and review, please.

Besides, even w/o the added links, I gave you THREE links (to my website and 2 blogs), and told you therein you can find many articles about gay issues, for your learning. Have you even bothered to check that out, and read some of it? No, of course you didn't. You don't really wanna have your eyes open, in this matter. You prefer to remain obstinately *ignorant*, the hetero king of the hill. No way you're gonna learn anything about gay civil rights...'cause you're a REAL man, ain't ya? NOT.

Again, you're overgeneralizing. I grew up in churches (my dad being a pastor) and through those eighteen years or so, I NEVER encountered the sort of "gay-bashing" that you're talking about.

Oh, please. You are stick ignorant. You have yet to do your own simple research via search engines. *Your* personal experience is obviously the exception, not the rule. Either that, or you are an outright dupe. I suspect the latter.

So is it coincidence that all of those churches I've been through are the exception to the rule? I think not.

You speak so smug, yet have not raised so much as a little finger to educate yourself. SEARCH ENGINE! If you were honest and/or informed, you'd admit that anti-gay attitudes run rampant among most churches...and is thus a serious problem. I can count on one hand, all the churches that support gay marriage...that's less than a drop in the bucket! You're how old, 18? And you think you know so much...your arrogance will be your downfall, I can promise that! Shame on your preacher father for keeping you ignorant about homosexual rights, and the churches' part in persecuting gays...in fact they play the *major* part, and have for centuries!

You just have an axe to grind and you've convinced yourself that your personal views are the "be all, end all" of the world. This is a dangerously niave attitude to hold to.

You're a liar and a phony. You want everyone to think everything's just hunky-dory for gays. You know that's not true. You are perpetrating a lie, intentionally.

So naturally when I hear someone (namely, YOU) aggressively attacking the "other side" with such gusto and bluster, I tend to give your opinion less merit. Heated, bitter anger against the "opposition" does nothing but flame the fires of ignorance,

You demonize me. I am not "aggressively attacking", I am speaking plain truth to someone who is behaving in a very ignorant and selfish manner.

so I usually end up ignoring those who discuss these issues in the manner which you are pursuing, Freeman888.

No, you're just finding a "clever" excuse *not* to check out any of the evidence I provided via my additional links. Otherwise, you would not have replied so quickly to my comment...instead, you'd've checked out some of my gay articles (at gay-bible.org et al) before getting back to me. But you didn't Madge, you didn't. And I know *why* you didn't...and assumed you wouldn't, as I know your kind all too well. You are definitely a big part of Amerika's problems. You and your ilk, that is.

If you want people to actually listen to you, it might be advantageous to calm the hell down

Again, you demonize. I am speaking with great calm. You just don't like to hear the truth, as it upsets your smugly perfect world.

Try to remember that and bring some facts to the table next time.

The facts are there now...I anticipated your kneejerk reaction, as I know your kind all too well. You're a homophobic snake in the grass. Else, you would've already learned something of gay politics a long time ago...or at least, responded to me by saying "You're right, I need to educate myself in this matter. Perhaps I'm wrong."

Typical heterosexist lout: gotta have the last word on the gay issue, even though you have not read *one* single news article regarding gay rights, even though I am a gay activist of many years. But no, that matters nothing to your bullheaded, hetero ways. You *must* be the last word on this issue: after all, how *dare* a well informed gay activist attempt to correct you?

I'll bet you respond with further drivel and lies before you so much as check out a single *link* among the many, I just provided in my first comment to you. Which anyone can *easily* discover via a search engine.

Predictable! All you heterocentric dorks are predictable! In fact, I have a very good idea of how you'll respond next. For one, you'll probably try to bounce me outta this group...your kind are really, really *bad* losers! As I've iterated before: you have no excuse! Ignorance of gay issues is not an excuse.

This is my last post to this thread, no matter what your response. I refuse to educate someone who doesn't give a flying f*ck about homosexual rights, but rather insists on perpetuating outright lies about the situation for gays in our crude society. Being gay makes one a very lonely person, when a culture is so homophobic...and you're a perfect example of how rabidly most heteros go out of their way to enforce social isolation upon gays. UNLESS gays kiss your mighty hetero arse and keep quiet about our own persuasion, remain invisible, don't rock the boat and such...look up to and worship your hetero supremacy.

It is *outrageous* that you make such a blatantly FALSE claim that most churches have no problem with gays. So that's what you do: demonize any outspoken queer, 'cause you think you have all the power, and don't want some silly f*ggot upsetting your hetero apple cart.

It is up to you to educate yourself on the truth about gays...I've provided more than enough links to get you started. Though, being the insincere goon you are, I sincerely *doubt* you really ever want to learn about the gay dilemma. And why is that? You're evil. Like most people. Like most heteros.

:club:

Freeman888 said:
Proof, as I already claimed, is at your finger tips. Can you say "search engine"? Be that as it may, I went back to my comment, and added tons of proof in the form of links. Go back and review, please.

I'm not in the habit of searching the internet for viable information regarding political topics of this controversial nature. It seems as though everyone feels the need to takes sides on such an issue, especially on such an open forum as the internet.

Freeman888 said:
Oh, please. You are stick ignorant. You have yet to do your own simple research via search engines. *Your* personal experience is obviously the exception, not the rule. Either that, or you are an outright dupe. I suspect the latter.

I'm stick ignorant because I don't agree with you? Suuuure. OK, stay in your bubble.

Freeman888 said:
You speak so smug, yet have not raised so much as a little finger to educate yourself. SEARCH ENGINE! If you were honest (or informed, but I think it's the former), you'd admit that anti-gay attitudes run rampant among most churches...and is thus a serious problem. I can count on one hand, all the churches that support gay marriage...that's less than a drop in the bucket!

Your problem here is that you classify churches as being either ANTI-gay or PRO-gay... when in reality most churches usually avoid the subject entirely, and indeed welcome gay members openly (seeing as how all churches want people to BE SAVED, etc).

Perhaps if you tried to be less divisive on the issue, you'd see that silence on the issue is NOT a form of support against gay rights.

Freeman888 said:
You're a liar and a phony. You want everyone to think everything's just hunky-dory for gays. You know that's not true. You are perpetraing a lie, intentionally.

I don't recall saying anything about gay/homosexuality being either right or wrong at all. Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Look, my point here isn't even ABOUT gays, it's about your obviously stilted views about churches in general. If you can't admit that you're emotionally compromised here, then there's nothing that anyone can say to you. Because you're already closed-minded to anyone else's views on the matter, wrapped tightly in your own personal perceptions.

Freeman888 said:
You demonize me. I am not "aggressively attacking", I am speaking plain truth to someone who is behaving in a hostile manner.

lol yes you are. You've attacked an entire section of the populace with only the advice "use a search engine" as your "proof." Give me something more substantial (something YOU have not written) and then we'll talk and begin to trade pertinent information.

Freeman888 said:
You just don't like to hear the truth, as it upsets you smugly perfect world.

It upsets me when people make unjustified, generalized claims against an entire section of society. You're doing to churches exactly what you claim churches are doing to gays; angrily and bitterly opposing and insulting them. Do you really think that your attitude toward churches will solve anything?

Is ANY church going to LISTEN to someone like you? I think that if you really wanted things to be different, you'd try to talk to churches in a reasonable manner and try to change their opinion instead of ignorantly and blindly blanket-judging them.

Freeman888 said:
You're a homophobic snake in the grass. Else, you would've already learned something of gay politics a long time ago...or at least, responded to me by saying "You're right, I need to educate myself in this matter. Perhaps I'm wrong."

I have no problem with gays. In fact, I've known several gay friends over the years and I've never been bothered or "against" them, even subconsciously. So shut the fresia up, you don't know anything about who I am.

Freeman888 said:
Typical heterosexist lout: gotta have the last word on the gay issue, even though you have not read *one* single news article regarding gay rights, even though I am a gay activist of many years. But no, that matters nothing to your bullheaded, hetero ways. You *must* be the last word on this issue: after all, how *dare* a well informed gay activist attempt to correct you?

How ignorant to assume that I've never read about gay politics simply because I don't agree with you. Very ignorant, sir.

Freeman888 said:
I'll bet you respond with further drivel and lies before you so much as check out a single *link* among the many, I just provided in my first comment to you. Which anyone can *easily* discover via a search engine.

The links/sites you've provided were created by YOU and therefore suspect, unfit for unbiased inspection.

Freeman888 said:
Predictable! All you heterocentric dorks are predictable! In fact, I have a very good idea of how you'll respond next. For one, you'll probably try to bounce me outta this group...your kind are really, really *bad* losers! As I've iterated before: you have no excuse! Ignorance of gay issues is not an excuse.

I have no intention of "bouncing you out of the group." You're welcome to this site, but your generalized, offensive comments are not.

Again, for the record, I guess I'll have to make this clear:

I wasn't even talking about homosexuality. I was asking you not to blanket-judge every church in the nation simply because you have a personal grudge against them, which you obviously do. If you hate churches, that's fine. That's your right.

But this website is not a place for generalizations and angry comments insulting entire groups of people, including gays AND churches. And claiming that every church should be burned is indeed an insult to churches everywhere.

Would you be mad if someone said that every gay person's home should be burned?

That's what you said about churches, and it's offensive.

I'm not taking sides on the issue; all this time I've simply been trying to tell you to not make such insulting comments about entire groups of people.

So calm down.

Freeman888 said:
This is my last post to this thread, no matter what your response. I refuse to educate someone who doesn't give a flying f*ck about homosexual rights, but rather insists on perpetuating outright lies about the situation for gays in our crude society. Being gay makes one a very lonely person, when a culture is so homophobic...and you're a perfect example of how rabidly most heteros go out of their way to enforce social isolation upon gays. UNLESS gays kiss your mighty hetero arse and keep quiet about our own persuasion, remain invisible, don't rock the boat and such...look up to and worship your hetero supremacy.

LOL once again, I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT GAYS. Try listening once in a while and stop putting words in my mouth.

You interpret me incorrectly, sirrah.

Freeman888 said:
It is *outrageous* that you make such a blatantly FALSE claim that most churches have no problem with gays. So that's what you do: demonize any outspoken queer, 'cause you think you have all the power, and don't want some silly f*ggot upsetting your hetero apple cart.

It is up to you to educate yourself on the truth about gays...I've provided more than enough links to get you started. Though, being the insincere goon you are, I sincerely *doubt* you really ever want to learn about the gay dilemma. And why is that? You're evil. Like most people. Like most heteros.

LOL!!! This is the first time I've been called "evil" for simply asking someone to not insult churches.

Haha get the wax out of your ears, man. This isn't even about homosexuality. You're wayyyyy too focused on the issue to even listen to what someone has to say. This is exactly my point; you're entirely closed to others, focused only on your narrow view of the world.

I was asking you to refrain from insulting a section of society, it's as simple as that.

If you want to turn that into a massive angerfest about homosexual issues, that's your beef.

Grow up.

EDIT: Lol you keep editing your post to include new stuff so you can say something without posting again. :p

EDIT2: Finally done changing your words? OK then. You're right, there's no point in continuing this.

You obviously aren't reading what I've been typing.

Go back and see what I wrote in every post. Did I ever once say anything about homosexuality? Nope. I've been simply attempting to ask you not to blanket-judge all churches based on your apparently unfortunate personal experiences.

I guess you apparently can't comprehend that I'm not even discussing homosexuality (or my own views on the matter). Maybe you'll come back later and realize that I wasn't arguing against homosexuality (and yet you judge me as a hetero moron homophobe). That sounds pretty bitter and angry to me. Check your attitude, man.

Good luck with life. I forsee a lot of anger and resentment in your future, if this small exchange is any example of how you respond to people who don't agree with you about everything.

EDIT3: I see you've gone back and added a slew of links to your earlier posts so it looks like you had done so before now. Nice.

Freeman888 said:
Mr.Solution said:
The place you want to go when you feel lonely is CHURCH

You know, I tried that many times over, only to encounter hollow, devious and manipulative losers. Each and every time! Then I ran out of churches. Maybe BURNING them down is the best solution...I'd still be lonely, but at least I'd have accomplished something worthwhile.

Hallelujah Jebus!

Perhaps a more mature attitude is called for here. I don't agree with going to church myself, and I never will, but I don't think they should all be destroyed. Not every church is completely corrupt. And while I've said for a while that church people have to be the worst to deal with (from my own personal experience), I surely wouldn't say everyone has had that experience. I do know some church people who are quite lovely. Just most to me are very rude.

*Wishes the Pope would wage a Holy War against anti-Christian bafoons*

OK, Ive lost the last fifteen minutes of my life, trying to sift through this and one other thread, trying to figure out who to school on common courtesy and manners and I've run out of time. I am locking this thread, as well as the other one until the moderators can determine what gets deleted and what stays. I'll leave this same message on the other thread.

EDIT: OK, while I've made an attempt to clean up the other thread, I see no reason to do the same here, after having reviewed the entire thread. This one remains closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back